[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

britbong going to austin in a month reccomend me the best places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1.gif (100KB, 540x348px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
100KB, 540x348px
britbong going to austin in a month
reccomend me the best places to drink, and anything else i should do i might not know about
>>
>>1140746
didn't you post this exact thread very recently?
>>
>>1140746
Barton springs
>>
There's a bomb ass pizza joint on Congress Ave. just south of the river. Home Slice...
>>
Britbong?
Off to have another awkward relationship i presume?
>>
>>1140746
Go to 6th street at night always stuff to do. And also take a walk up the dray (Guadalupe Street from MLK to 26th street). Lots of stores on the West side of the street and some cool places to eat and a couple of hole in the wall bars with live music. Haven't been there in a while. Try Conan's pizza too, they have crazy thick pizzas!
>>
Austinite here. There's a place to drink pretty much anywhere in this city but here's a quick rundown of the generally agreed upon best places to get shitfaced:

I'll mainly cover the downtown area because that's where you'll find the highest concentration of bars/clubs

>6th street
The DESIGNATED party street. It is converted onto a pedestrian street on busy weekends/festivals/holidays. Expect it to be packed and sometimes overpriced - many people pregame before going. Locals effectionately refer to it as "Dirty 6th" because of how wild the clubbing/party scene is down there, although you can find more low key establishments the further west on 6th you go.

Rainey Street: 6th street's older brother, here's where you go when 6th is just too overcrowded/immature/mainstream for you. They have a nice collection of food trucks here and you'll generally find a more laid back and local crowd here as opposed to the tourists and students that flock to 6th st.

>4th street
Austin's designated gay street because we be tolerance n sheeit. Go here if you're gay or a good enough looking twink to cop free drinks. Rain is supposed to be a good "discotheque" style club for gays and straights alike.

>Red River street
Go here for MUH LIVE MUSIC there a many venues such as Mohawk's and Stubb's BBQ (They have a pretty cool outdoor stage in the back, definitely catch a show there if you can) where you can catch live shows.

>East Downtown
*Hipster Bonus Round* if you manage to get tired of everything else downtown you can always check out some of the trendy establishments located east of IH-35 Everywhere from Manor to East Cesar Chavez st. you can find a smattering of newer bars and pubs that usually have more of an "inspired" atmosphere to them. Go here and hang out with live Austin hipsters for real traveller points. The prices may or may not be better than 6th st
>>
>>1141160
this
>>
>>1142230
Other fine establishments include:

>ABGB
They brew their beers in house and have live music

>Spider House Cafe
Cafe off of Guadeloupe St with a cool vibe and outdoor live music venue (live music is fucking everywhere if you haven't already caught on)

>Magnolia Cafe
Austin's best most local 24 hour diner. Just west of Mopac, across from 6th st. Definitely go here if you want somewhere to eat dank food when drunk at 3am

>Barton Springs
Cold as fuck spring water but godly in the sweltering Texas summer. Do the local thing and hike up the greenbelt through the entrance just to the south of the entrance for the paid pool so you can just swim for free upstream (and freely drink beer/420 blaze it)

>Franklin's BBQ
East Austin BBQ joint with meme levels of popularity, usually there's a line forming outside so you'll probably have to queue up like a true Brit

>South Congress
Also known as "SoCo" to tourists. Go to S Congress Ave just south of the river and there is a strip of eccentric shops that are cool but honestly its pretty touristy

>The Drag and West Campus
Guadeloupe St from 20th to about 30th st is known as the Drag; cool shops, restaurants and cafes and it has a big student vibe since its literally adjacent to the university. West campus is the densely populated student area just west of the drag, it has cafes, restaurants, food trucks, hookah bars, frat houses and student living all compacted in a sort single mega city block. Also side note: there a significant homeless population that inhabits the area along with the students, they don't cause too much trouble though (RIB Haruka)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. In the meantime, keep it wierd and may breakfast tacos and live music be upon you
>>
>>1142267
>>1142230
exactly what i needed to know, i've been looking for where the live music is
>>
>>1142267
thank god i can drink in barton springs, i've heard drinking in public is illegal in the land of the free, what the fuck is the point in it being sunny all the time if i can't have a cold beer with my mates in the park
>>
>>1142267
specific question, what is the local punk scene like and where do i find them?
>>
>>1142490
>i've heard drinking in public is illegal in the land of the free, what the fuck is the point in it being sunny all the time if i can't have a cold beer with my mates in the park
It's not illegal in the US everywhere...got to just know the local ordinances. Some cities with historic districts will allow street beverages on closed streets for pedestrian traffic, and you'll see businesses like Fat Tuesday will take advantage of that. Some require it to be discreet, like a bag around it. Some boardwalk areas, especially near waterfront might have a city ordinance that allows it too with certain rules. Having any containers in parks, if they are public, varies too, but it's usually well marked or information you can find online. I do believe public intoxication is purely illegal everywhere, so you need to be respectful of not being a jerk in public. I used to like Miami Beach where you could walk with a drink on Ocean Drive, or Lincoln Road, and walk your beverage out to the ocean, but I'm not positive it's frowned upon anymore. Police are pretty tolerant there as long as people are being safe, their job isn't to hassle anyone, and for sure see illegal stuff all day every day and look the other way. Why do you need to walk with a drink when everyone restaurant has al fresco seating? You really don't unless you are utterly cheap and not willing to pay $1 more than the convenience store. In that case, I suggest you pre-drink in your hotel room and just maintain while out.
The big restrictions happened in '98 when the Feds tried to restrict funding for expensive road maintenance if states didn't toughen open container laws to be consistent to the point of zero within a vehicle.
>>
>>1142006
true, been more times than i can count
>>
>>1140746
Cool OP, I could run into you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.