[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is couchsurfing a decent option to be homeless in a big city,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Couchsurfing-Logo.jpg (4MB, 8800x5567px) Image search: [Google]
Couchsurfing-Logo.jpg
4MB, 8800x5567px
Is couchsurfing a decent option to be homeless in a big city, considering I live in London?

If I plan everything careful enough can I live the rest of my life in strangers' houses?
>>
No.
>>
>>1140498

Why not?
>>
>>1140503
If you need to ask, it means you're stupid and definitely won't be able to.
>>
>>1140505

I'm just trying to understand if I should bother to learn how to do it.
To understand that I need to know wether the systems does work or not.
In order to do that I'm asking these questions on a travelling community.

I'm diing nothing wrong here, I'm just trying to know more about it.
>>
Give it a try and find out yourself.
If it works, start a blog explaining your method and become rich.
>>
>>1140485
I doubt it. CS is for travelers needing a quick place to crash with the idea that you pay it forward with your own space.

You can try, but hosts accepting your request every night is not guaranteed. Also, your references will tank eventually. That's not good for requests.

Are you a refugee or something?
>>
>>1140756

No, I'm 20yo and currently playing to move out. I'm just considering every possible option.
>>
>>1140485
I think you could probably do it for a while, you should just be as honest as possible with your hosts and see what happens. All they can say is no, and you might get lucky and stay with someone who offers you to stay there for longer. I've personally had experiences when I've stayed with people for longer than planned because we liked each other or whatever. I also know one host who allowed someone to stay with him for seven months while he worked and saved money to get his own place. I'm not saying that it'll necessarily work out so well for you, but it might.

If you're looking to stay with someone who'll tolerate you for a while, maybe try to stay with a girl who might like you or a gay guy who might fancy his chances...
>>
>>1140921
So you have no place to offer on your own in return, you're an idiot. CS is not just staying at other places for free.
>>
>>1140485
Basically you are trying to be roommates with someone without paying any rent at all. You will come across moments where there is no available room whatsoever, namely holidays, festivals, celebrations where your freeloading isn't going to get you a room anywhere whatsoever.

There is indeed a section of homeless people who live off of family and acquaintances for a while after eviction and down and out status, but really this is why they stay broke people with no life and no prospects. If you are say less than a year from something like steady income, a student and you are a really incredibly nice person...you could maybe find a path to your goals. It wouldn't be a way of life whatsoever, or there wouldn't be any homeless people.

As another person said, you should try to get a significant other. Being a semi-house servant who cooks and buys all the groceries and sex toy might buy you more favor when you aren't paying rent. Couch surfers are tourists that hosts like helping and dining with...playing tour guide a bit, not charity workers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.