[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Budapest August-December for a study abroad semester.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Going to Budapest August-December for a study abroad semester.

Does anyone know some of the general cost of living expenses I could expect?

My apartment is already fully paid for, so not including that in monthly costs.
>>
>>1140207
a ticket to the movies plus popcorn and soda totals at around 10 euros

a big mac menu is around 4.50 euros

a beer costs around 0.80 cents in stores and less than 2 euros in most clubs/bars/pubs

all in all, life is pretty cheap in Budapest compared to everywhere else in the west, from, say, 400 euros a month you'll live like a king
>>
Budapest I found to be real cheap with the crazy exchange rate. Make sure to use their currency instead of euros as you will get up charged using euros. I found ruin pubs to be quite entertaining and cheap. Instant being my favorite but szimpla was amazing just to see. Hookers everywhere offering sex for 10,000 forint (found every single one started negotiations there) plenty of great places to get authentic Hungarian food (I miss the goulash so much) for next to nothing
>>
>>1140563
Yes, Budapest is cheap, but there's no way you can live well on 400€ a month. Maybe excluding rent.
>>
If I'm going out a few nights a week, and remain frugal when it comes to food and other basic necessities, what is a realistic monthly budget? Excluding rent and utilities.
>>
Get money from the ATM and avoid currency exchange places. Bring a good camera. There's plenty to explore without spending money.
>>
>>1140977
>>My apartment is already fully paid for, so not including that in monthly costs.

great reading comprehension you've got there m8
>>
>>1141005
probably like 150 euros a month

budapest is shit cheap
>>
>>1140563
>less than 2 euros in most clubs/bars/pubs

real hungarian pubs/bars charge 1 euro for beer, 2 euros is tourist price like szimpla/insztant. At morrison's 2 on thursdays beer is 100 forint, so 0.33 euros.
>>
>>1142543
well, most of the clubs/bars/pubs worth visiting price their beers around or a little bit less than 2 euros, such as Telep, Központ, Élesztő, Ellátó, Léhűtő, Akvárium, A38, Corvin Club, Csendes Létterem, Nemdebár, Hellobaby, etc... places where the beer costs only 1 euro are a dime a dozen, yes, but they don't have anything to offer you besides the low prices whereas the venues I've mentioned are all somewhat special
also, the beer at Morrison's 2 is watered down as shit, the 6,000 HUF cocktail package containing 10 drinks is a much more reasonable offer
>>
>>1141036
The ATMs have horrible service fees though
>>
>>1142573
>Telep
Can you explain this place to me, pls? I agree with everything you said, I just can't understand why Telep is such a popular place. It's just a tiny, shitty bar with an art/design gallery upstairs, what's the big deal?
>>
Budapest is amazing. There is much to explore, but as in any city be careful. Unlike many other cities in Europe you will encounter lots of people who don't speak any English at all and may not think too favorably of Americans. They aren't as used to tourists as other major European cities. Some parts of the city are incredibly beautiful, others incredibly depressing and reminiscent of it's communism days.

Most things are relatively cheap. Drink lots of palinka and zwei unicum. Keep an ear to the ground for the yearly raves/parties they do in the bathhouses, you don't want to miss that shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.