[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm planning a long haul travel to South America next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

So I'm planning a long haul travel to South America next year. Would like to aim for 2 years at least.

I'm 27, single white British. I'll have at least £10k. I'm planning to start in Bolivia and just go wherever shit takes me. I'm looking at working at hostels, farms, anything to keep my costs down. Found some good websites for hosts etc.

So what can I expect? Anything I should do beforehand I might not have thought of? I'm currently learning spanish. What kind of reception can I expect from people? Can anyone share any experiences, good times and bad?
>>
Jusst stay to Chile, Argentina and Uruguay. Every other country is shit.
>>
if you come to argentina i will kill you for fucking over rhodesia
>>
>>1138414
>I'll have at least £10k.
>I'm looking at working at hostels, farms, anything to keep my costs down.
I think with this ammount you can survive well even without working - but in fulgral mode.
>>1138571
Don't listen to this guy
>What are Peruvian ruins
>What are Bolivian salares
>What are Paraguaian/Argentinan/Brazilian jesuit ruins
>What are Brazilian historical cities
>>
south america has nice nature
>>
>>1138576
I know that Rhodesia is a very sensitive topic for black people.
>>
>>1138571
Nah every country has something to offer!

>>1138576
>>1138642
Without sounding too ignorant, I think I need to brush up on my history!

>>1138627
I was hoping 10k would be enough but given I'm looking at a long stretch I figure being as frugal as possible will help. Maybe do a few weeks in each place before working for a few more.

And believe me, I've scoped out fuck tons of shit I want to see!
>>
>>1138636
I've of the driving factors of my trip :)
>>
File: BM.png (476KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
BM.png
476KB, 640x960px
>>1138642
>>
South America is the most overated landmass on earth.

If you jungles and beaches have at it. The rest is just poverty, drugs, crime, trash, and more poverty
>>
>>1138871

Perhaps to you. I don't want perfect, that's boring. I don't want a 1st world western culture or I'd be off to Australia, New Zealand or Canada. Europe is pretty much out given the issues right now, the Middle East even more so.

I want hostel living, meeting people from all backgrounds. Jungles and wildlife do it for me too. And getting a better appreciation for what I have and take for granted I guess
>>
>>1138571
argentinian guy here, this guy gets it
you can also go to brazil
south america is great if you have money an people to guide you if you dont you probably are gonna get yourself rape and crying to go back to Europe again
>>
>>1139622
Idiot.
>>
OP here.

How do I access my money? Sounds silly but I know doing constant card transactions will cost me a fortune in fees but I don't want to carry a lot of cash everywhere.
>>
>>1139869
In Brazil even hot dog stands have a credit card machine.

I've been to Brazil (obv), Argentina, Peru and Chile. They all have great sites to visit.
>>
There's sometyhing called "La ruta inca". A friend of mine has made this trip with some ONG's I think. They travel around Peru, Bolivia and Argentinia. The trip costs 500 dollars and lats 42 days and they provide you food and shelter. You should try this, I think it's a good idea ( sorry for my horrible english)
>>
File: rosario201115.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rosario201115.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>1138414
£10k are about 196.077,12 pesos, that is 80% of what my mother gains in a year you could live very well for a year here,and a friend lives in the city of Rosario in the Cool Raul hostel

>http://www.coolraulhostel.com

A lot of British, Israelis, Frenchs and Latins live there, it is a neat place and cheap for you.

Rosario has about 1.000.000 population, pretty nice city.
>>
File: Chile flag.jpg (35KB, 440x293px) Image search: [Google]
Chile flag.jpg
35KB, 440x293px
>>1138414
u gotta visit chile, its a very good country to visit.
>>
>>1139887

That sounds absolutely amazing, exactly something I'd love to do! Thanks for the tip :)

>>1139891

Ok that's good to know, I'll be hoping to work for food and accommodation as well which will help me travel longer. Thanks for the hostel tip, I'll add it to my list! The city looks beautiful as well!

>>1139892

Ha believe me, I plan to hit every country in South America!
>>
>>1139616
Dude SA is like 10x more dangerous than Europe even with the current issues. Look at the fucking murder rates in Brazil, Colombia and shit.
>>
If you're British, and have done up to sixth form or A levels, I'd recommend you get some form of English teaching certification. SA doesn't attract as many English teachers as Asia because the pay is a lot less. But it's very easy to break even working 25 hours a week, if you live like a local. You would want to use your additional money or do additional work to live a bit better though.

English is a skill you have, you can't work as hard as a farm labourer as a local. Use it to your advantage.

>>1140021
That's more so about how safe Europe is. Most of the crime is robbery, many of the murders are drug related. If OP did go to SA for a long period, I would expect him to get robbed at some point, it's not that big a deal. Over the long run, you probably pay more in bribes than what have stolen.
>>
>>1139891
Rosario siempre estuvo cerca :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDsic1q9hA
>>
>>1140351
kjakjajkakjkjakjakjakj putaso comegatos
>>
>>1138871
You get almost every type of environmental region in Peru alone.
>>
>>1140021
if you unknowingly walk into a gang infested area (where the vast majority of murders happen) and get killed then it will be your own fault for being incredibly stupid.

Almost every South American country is safe outside of the widely known and flagged danger zones.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.