[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather, as a tourist, spend five days in Los Angeles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: images (75).jpg (24KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (75).jpg
24KB, 470x313px
Would you rather, as a tourist, spend five days in Los Angeles or in San Francisco?
>>
>>1137750
San Fran easily, when trying to plan a trip to LA I never find enough things to get excited about as one would expect for a city of it's size. Plenty of smaller American towns offer so much more. SF is a big city, but it's a worthwhile visit.
>>
>>1137750
los angeles is a vastly superior place to be. san fran has become an overpriced yuppy hellscape. the whole town is a shopping mall with awful traffic and no parking. LA has an overwhelming amount of history, culture, nightlife and beautiful locales if you wander away from the tourist traps
>>
>>1137756
you have to be a pretty serious neckbeard not to find things to do in LA
>>
>>1137772
Not a neckbeard, but I probably don't like the things you like.
>>
>>1137756
>>1137771

Which one is less expensive?
>>
5 at disneyland
>>
>>1137771
>cant see without a car
>not literal shit
>>
>>1137750
OP, look up sample 5-day itineraries for both cities and compare the top suggested things to do each day. Maybe you'll stumble upon a famous restaurant, museum or public site you did not know about.

If I only had 5 days, I'd personally be picking SFO which is a city I've seen over and over, esp since I wouldn't need or want a rental car for more than a day there. The sheer landscape of the city is awe-inspiring, breezy, view-driven, and tons to do from architecture, going across the bay, seeing a game, eating food. So many scenes from movie filming locations to explore too. If you do get a car, you can do some national park and great driving, convertible town!

For L.A., I'd be quite unhappy 1) with only 5 days, and 2) without a car so I could move around all the various neighborhoods. As a floridian, our theme parks are superior, been to all, though I love Knotts old west kitsch and always will, skip the others if you have done Florida, so that leaves a few days to shop and dine in the various neighborhoods of note. Maybe hear some music if you're into the celebrity owned bar scene. Studio tours. Good foodie mecca restaurants, for sure.
>>
>>1137771
>history
>culture

No.
>>
Is Hollywood a nice place to visit?
>>
>>1137750
Youre going to get a lot of people who live in either area telling you their city is better.

As someone from Chicago, i say it depends what you are into. Both cities have their pluses and minuses but i will try to sum them up based on my own visits.

SF:
>less people, but smaller geographically
>less nogs and spics, more whites and asians
>foggier, cooler temps
>not many attractive women
>better public transit
>better architecture /history
>seems to shut down at like 11pm for better or worse
>better craft beer scene
>more definable neighborhoods
>somewhat grimy, entire city feels like it has a layer of sticky filth on it sometimes

LA:
>hot and sunny
>more nogs and spics
>better looking women
>better restaurants, incredible mexican food for obvious reasons
>good garage music scene
>shit transit system, need a car, and even then lots of traffic
>shitty downtown, no point in going
>better and more useful nearby beaches (you can see them, half the time in san fran you cant or its too cold to stay)
>people are more outwardly rich and exclusive

Just my general thoughts
>>
>>1137771
>overwhelming history
>in LA
There is no history anywhere out of the original colonies in America. The closest thing to history in LA is that Biggie got shot there

t. Californian
>>
I've got 6 hours at LAX arriving early morning (6am) - is it worth jumping in a taxi and heading down to Venice / Manhattan Beach for a bite to eat and a quick look around or should I just sit in the airline lounge?
>>
>>1138191
I would stay in the airport, just cause i wouldnt want to miss my flight, but hey thats just me.
>>
>>1137996
Hollywood exports so much culture that it might literally be the cultural capital of the world.
>>
>>1138378
Hollywood exports movies. While culturally significant, thats it. All of the music, fashion, food, etc comes from elsewhere in the US. Cali people usually have their heads too far up their butt to realize this though.
>>
>>1138378
Pop culture perhaps.

And the culture of horrible, fake people.
>>
>>1138378
>culture = gay bars and movie studios

Ok pal
>>
>>1138191
the lax flyaway bus is actually pretty efficient, With the HOV lanes the busses usually don't sit in a ton of traffic, even in rush hour.

I'd just take the one to culver city and take the Light rail to santa monica

6 full hours would be ok in my book, just make sure you give yourself a ton of time for security. if you are flying out of Terminals 4-8 or TBIT, you can go though any of the checkpoints and walk to the other gates airside, it's a long walk 4-8 but the lines at 4 usually suck ass
>>
>>1137952
>Which one is less expensive?
In general, LA is a bit cheaper for most things. But most visitors to LA will need to spend a lot of time either driving or in taxis/etc., which adds to the expense.

>>1137750
To OP, I live in San Francisco, and think it offers most people a better tourist experience, because they can get around with no car, and it's very concentrated--although there are also plenty of day trips that are worth doing. And despite the not-entirely-unearned yuppie shopping hellhole slag above, it has dozens of sites of historical or cultural interest and/or physical beauty, some of which are quite famous. I know that for visiting Europeans, it usually feels more like a city than sprawling quasi-suburban LA does.

But LA has much better weather, and a very different environment overall, which some people probably seek out. And being so much larger than SF, it obviously has 'more stuff,' but that stuff might be 90+ minutes drive on crowded freeways away,

I enjoy LA and like to visit. But I think a tourist with only five days could usually get more out of SF.
>>
>>1137750
If what you want is hanging out in Venice Beach and Santa Monica for a week, then LA. But LA itself is super overrated and there's really not much to see. You may want to spend a single day in it though, it's not a long drive.

For everything else San Francisco easily. It has historical value and it's simply more interesting. LA is just a regular North American city that is close to really popular beaches and that happens to have movie industry. You will realize how superficial it is when you go there.

Best thing you can do is spend 3 days in San Fran, 1 day driving through highway 1 and 1 day in LA.
>>
San Francisco
LA blows dude, need a car to get anywhere and it's always hot

source: I live in LA
>>
>>1138078
I actually think SF has better looking girls than LA, they have way more mixed chicks and if you're white you can get a phat ass Asian girl with no effort and if you're black you can get a fine Filipino/white chick with no effort..
>>
LA:
Wicked hot chicks with fake tits who will suck your dick to say hello, dirt cheap coke, amazing clubs and beautiful beaches, great music and never ending big sky. And probably the hottest sluttiest women on earth, and the best drugs. Youl leave with a couple notches on your belt and a great tan.

SF:
Fags, chinks, and fucked up liberal fruit loop families with transgender vegan 12 year olds. Maybe fun to visit if you're a Catholic priest but generally a frozen degenerate Sodom and Gomorrah aids hole full of pretentious liberal hipsters.
>>
Monitoring this thread because I live in New York (state) and plan on flying to either San Fran or LA so I can take a nonstop flight to Manila from my own country, and because I've always wanted to see California.

Where I'm at, I basically definitely want to go to San Fran, I'm just wondering if LA is even worth it for Hollywood and such. (Beaches don't really appeal to me as I'm on the way to Asia)

Is there much worth doing in LA or should I just skip it in favor for more time in SanFran?
>>
As a native of California, San Francisco.

The weather is more pleasant, there is just as much of a nightlife, public transportation is better, and my god, the people aren't as horrible as they are in LA. There is also plenty of shit to see and do in SF and, to me, the stuff to see and do is way more interesting. Plus, if you want to go out of the city for a day, you can go into Napa and do a wine tour, go to Sacramento and see the capital, go to Monterrey and see the Ocean or go to the Aquarium, etc. etc. Also, if you are a Baseball fan, AT&T Park is regarded as one of the best stadiums in baseball.

SF wins, hands down.
>>
>>1140169

Hello /pol/
>>
>>1140254
Hello tumblr
>>
>>1140254
>>1140280
Hello, 4chan.
>>
File: z7m1egtus5b9jrekehtu.gif (1MB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
z7m1egtus5b9jrekehtu.gif
1MB, 620x400px
>>1137750
Scotfag reporting in. Having spent 5 days in both SF and LA in 2014 I would recommend LA over SF.
>>
>>1140692
Ya well u r obviously a hollywoodboo
>>
LA is cool, but also is complete sht.
I live 20 miles outside of it and I usually refuse to go because:

>traffic
>everything is 40 mins away
>homeless people
>traffic again, can't escape it
>people are assholes, don't be overly trusting

Positives:
>Sick museums, Getty, Getty Villa, LACMA
>Breweries
>Architecture of certain areas of the city
>>
Californian here.

Los Angeles is shit, go to San Francisco. In fact, fuck the big cities, spend 5 days at Yosemite National Park to get the best of nature
>>
>>1140874
This, just got back from a San Fran/Yosemite trip. Saw a freaking bear in Yosemite while hiking the Mist Trail. Best experience, seriously wish I had spent more time there instead of the city.
>>
File: IMG_5563.jpg (2MB, 2369x2369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5563.jpg
2MB, 2369x2369px
>>1140880
pic related, my bear
>>
LA born and raised here.

The stereotype that were all fake and plastic is a meme. It comes mostly from the douchier parts of West LA/Hollywood thee rest of the city is pretty humble and hard working. The further west you go the city vibe gets more laid back. Bunch of different neighborhoods sprawled out with shit tons to do and check out so if you dont have a car youre shit out of luck unless you live next to a train station, buses suck.

>>1139642
>If what you want is hanging out in Venice Beach and Santa Monica for a week, then LA. But LA itself is super overrated and there's really not much to see. You may want to spend a single day in it though, it's not a long drive.

Venice and Santa Monica is overrated, ill agree with that. honestly pick an interesting looking neighborhood and make a day out of exploring it while visiting LA "must sees" like the observatory on the next day

>>1138078
This anon has many agreeable pros and cons of each city that I agree with

Honestly. if you want to do the tourist thing, head up to San Fransisco, Ive been there and its a great tourist city with lots to offer. been there multiple times. Charming, walk able and lots of sight seeing. Beautiful city. Most of it, at least.

I love LA, though. Dont get me wrong. Wouldnt want to live anywhere else, expect maybe New York
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.