[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walking the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1466084613493.jpg (166KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1466084613493.jpg
166KB, 1920x1281px
I'm leaving tomorrow to walk across the US again. This is my third time.

Send me death threats, words of encouragement, some advice, or ask some things about me if you wish. I am doing this again only because I find the experience exhilarating and rewarding. I am very self reliant and I know quite a bit of survival skills.
>>
How long does it take?
Do you have a fixed trail?
>>
Have fun, don't die.
>>
>>1137626
I don't have an ultimate plan. I averaged 15-25 miles a day, some days I can go even farther. But then if I walk too much in a day I'd want to rest the next day so in between 15-25 is good for a day.

I am located in northwest illinois and I am headed to the st Louis area to visit my brother, do schwilly things together, stock up on food, Maybe he'll give me a handle of whisky for the road, and then head west. I want to go to Cheyenne to visit a close friend and then California because I like that state.
>>
>>1137632
Chifag here, good lack mang. The heat is gonna be brutal
>>
>>1137637
I'm prepared for this. I like the heat, the only time I hate it is when sweat gets in my eyes and stings. Which will always happen
>>
OP bout to take Pokemon GO to the next level
>>
>>1137640
lel

OP, what's the toughest part to walk through? I'd think the Midwest because there's nothing to see there, but maybe that's not true.
>>
>>1137647
I am starting in the Midwest. I hated the rain. It requires more effort to stay dry when its raining And it slows me down on the road. Snow is worse, but I don't know where I will come across snow. Maybe the Rockies? Maybe I'll hitch through some rough parts I don't know.

I can handle hunger very well. I'll be stopping to at least one town a day to get water. And when I realized how many grocery stores throw out a fuck ton of food, I suddenly had to worry about food a lot less than before.

I didn't like Louisiana or Mississippi or Georgia, those deep south states. The muggy weather and scarcity of decent people to just have a conversation with depressed me so much I don't think I'll return this time.

>>1137640
Lol. Read about that today. Seems interesting but I don't play video games and it will be hard to keep my tablet charged.
>>
Fuck off you attention whore.
>>
Could you post a list of your gear? I'm especially interested in what backpack and what shoes you use for such trips

Do you try and meet people along the way? I always thought that if I'd do something like this I'd end up feeling terribly alone for a few months

About how much weight do you carry? And where do you stay along the way?

>I hope those were all the questions i had
>T-thanks
>>
Wow, you've done it twice already? Cool. Good luck. Kinda wish I was doing that myself.
>>
Genuine curiosity, why not try out another country for size?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.