[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative summer holiday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Island montage.jpg (70KB, 672x567px) Image search: [Google]
Island montage.jpg
70KB, 672x567px
From the UK. So last year me and the GF went to Disneyland Paris. Then terrorists attacked Paris. Disneyland closed for the first time (literally the first time since it opened 24yr ago). Kind of put a bit of a crimp on the holiday. I promised her that this year we will go to Disney, come hell or high water.

Friend of mine lives in Cali, USA. Just had a baby. We have the idea of killing two birds with one stone. See friend & baby, and go to Disneyland California (Anaheim).

Last month the majority of my country decides that cutting ties with the EU is a good idea. Pound plummets. Holiday to California looks pretty expensive all of a sudden.

We decided to think of alternative ideas for a holiday, closer to home. The biggest cost of California would be getting there. So again, I'm factoring in going to Disneyland Paris for 3-4 days (fingers crossed ISIS decide not to fuck things up again).

We want to either do a beach holiday and relax, or a bit of a city break. We'd stay here for 4-6 days, then fly to Disney. After that, Eurotunnel it back to the Motherland. Ideas we have are:

- Greek Islands
- Malta
- Corsica
- Sardinia
- Budapest
- Reykjavik

Anyone visit any of these places? Any suggestions for where to go, where to stay, etc.? As long as staying at one of these places is cheaper than accommodation and travel to and from USA, I'm happy.
>>
Google it numbskull.
>>
>>1137354
>Google it numbskull.
I have. Just wondering whether /trv/ have had any personal experience, anything they would suggest.
>>
>>1137350
>Holiday to California looks pretty expensive all of a sudden.

What a coincidence I've wanted to return to the UK for years but have put it off because of the cost, now suddenly vacationing in Britain seems affordable.
>>
Go to a travel agency if your uncertain.
>>
>>1137350
>- Greek Islands
>- Corsica
>- Sardinia

I love all those places. Except some islands like Rhodes or Santorin, you go there to walk and visit some typical villages while eating delicious food. If you have only 4-6 days, it may be a bit short to do some Greek Island, because you will lose a lot of your time on a ferry.

>- Malta

In terms of nature way less interesting than the other Mediterranean destinations. Great for partying tho.

>- Budapest
Bad idea going there during summer. Unlivable.

>- Reykjavik

Worth it but you have to really be into hiking. If not, skip.
>>
I'm from sardinia and i can tell you that is an excellent place to spend summer vacations. In the north there are the best beaches, mostly around the gallura area (near the cities of olbia, palau, etc.) where you can reach a lot of small "beachy" islands by ferry like tavolara or la maddalena, which presents the house of garibaldi, the hero of unification and you can basically see corsica from there, it's great. Also all the beaches in these are have fine, in most cases white sand and crystal clear water. The center and the south of sardinia is nice too, there are a lot of super interesting towns like carbonia (old industrial town where you can actually visit the old mine of carbon obviously :3) or carloforte which has northern-italy influenced languages and traditions. Carloforte is also near cagliari which is the "capital" of the region and it's actually a nice city, i don't know too much about that area though. Almost all around sardinia there are also tons of prehistoric sites, mostly in the northern-central area and most them presents nuraghes which are typical prehistorical sardinian fortresses, and some traces of roman colonization so if you dig historical sites you are in the right places. If you want to experience some luxury, go to baia sardinia or porto rotondo in the north.
>>
Well the original disneyland is very nice but it would be a longer and more expensive trip
Are you 2 that big of disneys fans?
>>
>>1137363
I know right; I think I'll go to England for my recreational drugs and dental work instead of Thailand now
>>
>>1137454
How is public transport there? Is it easy to get around with buses or is it necessary to rent a car?
I read somewhere that trains aren't very useful in Sardegna.
>>
>>1137674
Just readed this now
There are coaches and buses that go from one Main town to another, but if you want to move constantly you should rent a car. Rail transport isn't that useful for traveling as long as i heard.
>>
>>1137354
/trv/ is fucking dead
>>
>>1137350
Don't come to Iceland if your plan is to stay in Reykjavík. Exploring the countryside is what it's all about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.