[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

West Coast in February

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 912p.jpg (42KB, 556x395px) Image search: [Google]
912p.jpg
42KB, 556x395px
So I want to travel somewhere in February 2017, I live in Australia and I would like to go somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere. My problem with travelling to Europe at this time is the lack of daylight hours and wet weather/snow may detract from the experience. Canada and the US East Coast will be freezing and snowing as well I presume. Been to Japan twice and travelled most of Asia so I'm not interested there (hence why I've been looking at the US)

I've been told the best place in this case may be the west coast US, I will be travelling for a month and would want to cover everywhere from Seattle to San Diego. Would you recommend it /trv/? If so, what advice or suggestions do you have?
>>
>>1136479
It will be cloudy, rainy and 40 degrees F in Seattle pretty much all the way down to California. It will be cloudy and 50s down through the San Francisco area.

The further south you go, the more sun youll get. I love the PNW and the west coast in general, but if you are looking for someplace warm you will need to revisit this idea. Even Los Angeles will only be about 65F during the day and could be in the 40s at night.

Assuming you have no issues with the weather id be glad to tell you more about where to go; just thought id clear that up first.
>>
File: 20130222_115536.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130222_115536.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've road tripped the west coast in February several times and it is actually pretty awesome. If you like raging pacific storms, crashing waves and horizontal rain it is actually a lot of fun. I actually enjoy that environment and there are brief periods where it is not pouring rain and the beaches are deserted and perfect for beach combing. Prices are low and you don't need reservations anywhere.

Then there is terrific skiing and winter sports in the Sierras.

If you want nicer weather, you can easily travel east into the deserts and enjoy some nicer weather.

Not everyone is into the warm beaches and swimming and I encourage people to travel that time of year.
>>
if you want warm, and I'm not saying you do or you should, but coming from your summer to that area's winter ...

LA to San Diego along the I-8 thru Yuma to Tucson to Phoenix then go home whichever way you want

However i dunno the kinda stuff you wanna see when you travel or how dedicated you are to avoiding the cold and the wet

I personally love the rain, but I have lived in Miami, Boston, Texas, Baghdad, Georgia and DC so the extremes of heat, cold, humidity, and dry have worn me out like your mother's box. I can deal with clouds and drizzle here in Portland way better than i ever imagined, and Dublin didn't kill me either
>>
San Diego
>>
>>1136497

As long as the temperature generally sits around 15 degrees C during the day or higher then that's not a problem. I guess the real concern is rain, I went to Japan in summer once and it rained every single day which started to get really frustrating. Of course if it rains a few times that's fine but if it rains all day, for 9 days in a row like I had in Tokyo that would not be ideal.
>>
>>1136692

When I travel I generally like to see landmarks, things that may be unique to certain places and generally explore. I'm not much of a nature kinda guy so I'm not really going to want to go out hiking or climbing mountains or whatever.
>>
San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle are the major cities along west coast. Check them all out, won't regret it. Beaches of SD and LA are great. Mission Beach and Newport Beach. I am not familiar with SF but Portland has lots to do and a cool downtown area along with neighborhoods with neat shops and bars. Might as well hit Vancouver in canada if you head to Seattle
>>
File: 1384315106205.jpg (723KB, 1922x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1384315106205.jpg
723KB, 1922x1082px
>>1136479
>>1136728
Gunna have to burst your bubble here, sorry. If avoiding the cold and rain is real important to you you've probably picked the worst time to visit the PNW. To add to that, W 2017 is expected to be a La Nina year, which means even colder, and a lot wetter. Everything north of Cali is going to be wet and stormy for long periods at a time, expect ~7C and rain as an average day.

Now, with all that being said. La Nina does mean Cali will get less rain, so if you're dead set on the west coast then that should be your safe haven. Still won't be all that warm, but sunny weather is a safe bet.

If you're comfortable leaving your plans open you could test your luck with a road trip up the coast, weather permitting. Just don't forget to bring books in case you get bogged down.

Do you like hiking at all? Have you ever been storm watching?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.