[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best places to visit in Mexico?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: mexico flag.png (35KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
mexico flag.png
35KB, 500x286px
Best places to visit in Mexico?
>>
>>1134647

los angeles
>>
>>1134647
The border
>>
File: 1466224409048.gif (767KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466224409048.gif
767KB, 238x250px
>>1134653
>>
>>1134647
just stay near the center of the country and you'll be relatively safe. Monterrey is a nice state.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>1134647
In center of Mexico is/are...
the museums
the restaurants of polanco
the park
park chapultepec
the pyramids of teotihuacan is very big and Far to mexico DF, I recommend that you search a hotel in teotihuacan

the north of mexico like monterrey is bad idea to go, because they have a problem with the narco.
>>
>>1134647
I'm from Celaya. Not much to do there but if you are around try cajeta, it's candied goat milk and is what we're known for (if anything).
>>
>>1134647
Houston
>>
>>1134647
>Best places to visit in Mexico?
You can spend 1-2 weeks in the DF easily. Between the palace with the Alamo US flag and gorgeous Spanish art, to the other world class museums in Chapultepec to the zoo which has an amazing feline and canine collection, polar bears, pandas, and birds of prey as well as mexico-only native species...all in the old fashioned kind of up close and personal pens, you can have a lovely time. Explore the religious sites, government buildings, landmarks and districts It is a foodie paradise for cheap, with some of the top restaurants in the country with great chefs on the mexican salary prices, even the continental flagships like San Angel Inn or Funda de Refugio.
It's worth it to hire a hotel-based personal driver to drive out to Teotihuacan, but I disagree you need to actually hotel overnight nearby. It's a simple 1 hour (toll road) to 1.5-2 hour (free road) drive with a couple rest stops depending on city traffic when you leave. If you visit on the weekend, you have more time within the park because of the trolley between sites, and the local hotel does have a famous Sunday brunch. Depending on the time of year, it can be nice to escape the city pollution outside the valley too.

Don't even try DF if you aren't going to travel like an executive to be safe, using your hotel's drivers OR be staying with a native OR be hispanic looking.
>>
>>1134647
I love Mexico City, and never felt unsafe there (I'm careful and moderately street smart, and speak Spanish), but it's obviously not for everyone.

Easier to enjoy are smaller colonial centers--Oaxaca is lovely, as is Queretaro.
>>
also recommending the hotel driver for the trip for teotihuacan. you can like find any random guy there to give you a tour (in spanish of course)

oaxaca has cool beaches

guanjuato has mummies and museums and shit; it has cool architecture

chichenitza has great food and neat shopping and of course the mayan stuff
>>
>>1134647

A c a p u l c o
>>
>>1135358
This, reallly D.F it's the place to stay (only if you like big cities, museums, etc) if you want beach, go to Huatulco or Puerto Escondido (surfing and hippie kind of beach) or Playa del Carmen/Cancún (for all inclusives and nightlife) if you like colonial types you should go to Puebla, Guanajuato or Zacatecas, also Chiapas it's a great place to go with a lot of natural sightseeings (cañón del sumidero, agua azul, lagos de colon, las nubes)
>>
>>1135358
This, reallly D.F it's the place to stay (only if you like big cities, museums, etc) if you want beach, go to Huatulco or Puerto Escondido (surfing and hippie kind of beach) or Playa del Carmen/Cancún (for all inclusives and nightlife) if you like colonial types you should go to Puebla, Guanajuato or Zacatecas, also Chiapas it's a great place to go with a lot of natural sightseeings (cañón del sumidero, agua azul, lagos de colon, las nubes)
>>
>>1135358
>>
>>1135358
>>
>>1135628
Guadalajara and DF are where the most qt bbws are too if you like gordibuenas as I do.
>>
Morelia is great.
>>
File: wood_stock.jpg (636KB, 2988x1198px) Image search: [Google]
wood_stock.jpg
636KB, 2988x1198px
Hello Mexibros.
Is Chihuahua city safe? How do I get from there to Manuel Benavides?
Thanks.
>>
Which city is the best and safest to stay in if the purpose of the trip was to visit the pyramids? Also, except common sense, what are some things to keep in mind traveling as a solo femanon?
>>
>>1135358
DF is statistically safer than many large US cities. It's not Ciudad Juarez. Don't listen to this guy. I'm here right now, it's been over three weeks so far, and I've become much more relaxed after letting go of unfounded fears. Just be attentive as you would in any large city. Actual bad neighborhoods are fairly peripheral, so I don't think you'll end up there anyway.

If you don't want to spend all that unnecessary money, you can spend 5ish USD on a round trip bus to Teotihuacan. They leave frequently from the Central de Autobuses del Norte. Get off at the eponymous metro stop, and the ticket counter is on the left side of the building.
>>
Check out Juarez pretty cool and safe for Mexico.
>>
>>1136748
Thanks
>>
>>1134647
San Antonio
>>
>>1134647
Mexican ports; Puerto vallarta, Cancun.
Get some tequila, small towns in the south. DF.
Advice; read the news, some states are getting in trouble with the people, getting near a civil war. But others are just ok.
>>
File: 8873837.jpg (7KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
8873837.jpg
7KB, 252x240px
>>1134659
>>
>>1135221
>pyramids of teotihuacan
They don't exist anymore, Spaniards blew them up with cannons, used the bits to build cathedrals.
>>
Zona Norte
>>
villahermosa
>>
File: teotihuacan.jpg (237KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
teotihuacan.jpg
237KB, 1024x768px
>>1138585
You must be thinking of Tenochtitlan, that is, Mexico City. Teotihuacan still has its pyramids.

(Or is this a meme, like confusing Austria for Australia, and Chechnya for Czechia?)
>>
>>1134647

Cozumel. It's touristy as fuck but it's fun.
>>
>>1138791
>Cozumel
Sorority girls everywhere
>>
Hong Kong
>>
Tulum is awesome
>>
>>1135443

There's not much to do in Acapulco other than nightlife and beach.

Also, I wouldn't recommend going there for now, too much violence. How do I know? I'm from there.
>>
Just go to California. It's basically Mexico and all the Mexicans are illegally crossing into the state bringing the Mexican culture with them
>>
>>1139631
this
>>
Come to Yucatan
We have delicious food, nice places to visit, beautiful beaches very calmed and safe. Also, it is really affordable. We have the origibal mayas. ;)
>>
>>1140871
You forgot "worst of.."
>>
>>1134653
Yeah, but nobody speaks english there
>>
is guadalajara safe? fun?
>>
>>1142602
Kinda, I think as all cities, just stay away from certain places and all will be good. Come in later August to enjoy the mariachi festival, if you want to see some traditional stuff, also you can go to Tlaquepaque which is also more on the traditional side. If you want to hit some bars go to Chapultepec Av.
BTW what do you want to do?
>>
File: q.jpg (62KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
62KB, 640x457px
>in AZ right now

In a couple day's I'll be driving down to Baboquivari Peak for some back country hiking, and stopping by Sasabe. I know it's not that interesting, but cool from the standpoint of being the entrance for Tohono O'odham people, and the smallest border checkpoint between us and Mexico. Interesting small town on the US side (Sasabe) and in Mexico (El Sasabe, which isn't even really on a map.)

>can't find up-to-date info about cartels

Whew, most up to date shit I've got to go by is that they controlled the roads 1-2 miles south which led to Altar and were charging a fee for passage but that the Mexican military was all over the town to stop them from taking control.
>>
>>1139631
I'm have 4 days booked there in early September.
Glad to hear something positive about it
>>
File: P1140270.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P1140270.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
>>1142602
>>1142648
Bumping as a possible trip to Guadalajara this Fall is in the offing. I would be interested in good places to eat and possible day trips to "rurns" and such like.

Pic related -- an rurn.
>>
>>1142796
Different guy -- I enjoyed lunch/dinner at
La Coqueta, outdoor-but-near-the-big-road casual dining, but nice folks, good food and cheap. Probably there are dozens of places about as good, but it was the one I ate at and it was enjoyable.

If the cat comes by, slip him a bit of your food when the owners are not looking, and tell him the kite guy said "hello." He'll know what you mean, cats are very knowledgeable.
>>
If you like the beach life and parties then stay in the southern area, I'd recommend Playa del Carmen, Tulúm, Bacalar, Isla Mujeres, Mérida, Holbox and Campeche for a nice spread of interesting places to see along the way. Cancún is a meme, don't go there ever
>>
>>1143012
Meme?
>>
What's a good backpacking route for Mexico? I plan to start there and head South through the Americas after visiting Cuba. Preferably budget travel although I will be pretty comfortable.
>>
can someone marathon me on monterrey
>>
>>1142893
Awww

You're so cute
>>
>>1143546
Acapulco is where you want to go.
>>
>>1143598
spend a couple days in DF, hang around the center and coyoacan. go west to guanajuato. go further west to guadalajara and/or puerto vallarta. head south towards oaxaca. guerrero is beautiful but really fucked up from crime and corruption. visit mountains or coast in oaxaca, drink lots of mezcal. then go to chiapas.
have fun going through the shithole that is central america
>>
>>1144186
>the center

pinche paisa
>>
>>1136229
Which pyramids? If Teotihuacan, Mexico City is your best option. Just don´t do anything stupid (wandering alone at night in bad neighborhoods, talking and/accepting drinks from sketchy looking people, etc)
>>
>>1142520
fucking this, also visit michoacan
>>
>>1143012
LOL, dude, Holbox and Tulum are for Adventure.
Cancun, Playa del carmen, Isla Mujeres is night life and shits like that.
Merida and Campeche are historical places, both have nice people
>>
File: Cacun.png (61KB, 683x434px) Image search: [Google]
Cacun.png
61KB, 683x434px
>>1143012

I'm looking up weatherspark for an idea of the climate of mexico but I'm not too sure if it is very accurate.

Pic related, is there very little 'clear' skies in Mexico? Is it mostly partly cloudy to very cloudy?

Thank yous
>>
>>1144953e: this is graph for Cancun
>>
>>1144218
The Teotihuacan site is kind of sad though since they paved it over and there's a huge fucking walmart right outside.

Cholula has an interesting site, even though it's also covered up, it's got an interesting back story

I think Palenque is best for straight up pyramid climbing. It's no less safe than the DF, if anything it's safer.
>>
>>1135232
>it's candied goat milk and is what we're known for
that sounds amazing!
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.