[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's cool to do in Boston?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What's cool to do in Boston?
>>
Fenway
>>
Visit the two schools you'll never get into.
>>
>Museum of Fine Arts
Fucking huge with a lot to see. They have lots of rembrandt and a decent modern art section. Get there early, it's impossible to see everything in a day (free on Wednesdays also)
>New England Aquarium
Kind of shitty aquarium-wise but still fun
>Revere Beach
A short subway trip, this beach is actually pretty nice although the snootier locals tend to shit on it. Go to Kellys Roast Beef if you visit, it's a local classic.
>Central Square, Cambridge
Another short subway trip, this is the run-down area of Cambridge which has a bunch of great music venues, some cool restaurants, and record stores.
>Rent a hubway bicycle
Boston is very walkable and recently has become much better for biking. I bike (almost) everywhere in the city, and even the more distant neighborhoods are a 25 minute ride away. The hubway bikes look stupid, but if you get as frustrated with the transit as I do as a resident, it's worth the switch.

Boston resident btw, AMA
>>
>>1129796
Chuck tea in the harbour? Is that still a thing?
>>
>>1130077
That's cold, dawg.
>>
File: stand off.jpg (49KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
stand off.jpg
49KB, 300x450px
Get some baked beans. Then, go to Venice and buy blinds, go to Rome and buy candles, go to London and play some bridge, go to New York for a minute, go to Mexico and watch a movie such as pic related, etc.
>>
>>1130077
UMass?
>>
>>1130165
No. No longer needed as the British have zero bearing on the US.
>>
Fenway Park
Freedom Trail
Museum of Science
Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market
Lawn on D (if the weather is decent)
Seafood somewhere on the Waterfront
walk around the Esplanade
>>
>>1129796
The shopping in Diamond City is pretty decent, food options are kinda limited though...
>>
Fenway
The Constitution
Freedom Trail
Pizza
>>
>>1129796
Nothing, most overrated city of all time
>>
>>1130082
Revere Beach always had a louche rep. It was a pickup point of guys looking to screw boys. ECW had a show there remembered for the Mass Transit incident.
>>
Touristy thing but climb the Bunker Hill monument, it's pretty cool
>>
Go to the North End, avoid Mike's Pastry because their conollis are shit, pretty much any other restaurant there is good. Ernesto's Pizza and Modern Pastry are two nice places to grab a snack.

Quincy Market is fun, there's always a street performance going on and the shops can be neat. Last time I went there was a woman working a crepe stand and that was surprisingly really nice.

Just take a fucking walk around near the harbor it's a pretty place.

USS Constitution is lit af

Harvard Square is fun, lots of quirky shops and restaurants (Flat Patties is one of the few places to get a meal under $10 there btw) to check out. Only go near Harvard itself if you're using the campus as a short cut to somewhere else.

Can't think of much else that hasn't been said already, but Boston is super easy to walk/bike through. Just mill about until you see something cool.
>>
>>1130082
>>Museum of Fine Arts
I have a membership and I love going there to unwind. It's huge place to see and they always have new stuff too.

>>1130082
>Central Square
It's the real heart of the People's Republik of Cambridge. Also a buncha homeless people asking for money all the time, but full of prime hipster record stores and shit.

>>1130296
>Museum of Science
It's a bit kiddy, but love the place.

>>1130296
>Seafood somewhere on the Waterfront
Daily Catch is some pretty damn great Italian seafood.

>>1130296
>Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market
bit touristy, but nice

>>1130945
>avoid Mike's Pastry
>Modern Pastry
Shut up, man.
Keep sending the tourists to Mike's, even if Modern has expanded. So glad my aunt told me about it.
>Harvard Square
I go there a bunch to get comics and shit. So many places to eat.
>Flat Patties
Shit. Haven't been there in ages. Gendel's Den has some good food deals too some nights.
>>
>>1130843
this, you'll be bored within 2 hours of getting there
>>
try finding the bodega shoe store. probably one of the coolest things i have ever seen. google it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.