[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got my work visa approved for September in Sweden but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 9Bsjn4v.jpg (81KB, 764x1146px) Image search: [Google]
9Bsjn4v.jpg
81KB, 764x1146px
I just got my work visa approved for September in Sweden but not sure where I want to work. I was told Lund is a cool place and I was also considering Gothenburg or maybe Stockholm. All muslim jokes aside, what city has the best to offer in regards to food, people, atmosphere, etc..
Tack
>>
>>1129416
Stockholm, really. At least when it comes to atmosphere and food. Nightlife in Stockholm beats the other cities as well
>>
>>1129562
Is the gypsy situation in Stockholm really out of control tho? Or are the news stories just exaggerated...
>>
How long did it take Anon? I havent done my application for my students permit
>>
I lived in Gothenburg. Easy to find work at a bar but I didn't need to work at the time. I like Stockholm a lot better, to be honest. There's more to do and the people are a little bit more worldly.

I haven't been to either but Lund and Uppsala both seemed like good options when I was researching.

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience on a working holiday in Stockholm though. I'm considering using mine and living in Sweden again
>>
>>1129794
donno about student visas, but my working youth visa took about 3 months.
>>1129884
why did you leave
>>
>>1129644
Somewhat bad but the alt-right and /pol/ vastly overblow it as usual. There are just as many aggressive black or hispanic panhandlers in any decently sized American city than in Sweden.
>>
>>1129884
Gothenburg wasn't what I expected it to be. My gf at the time also needed to make money so once she had enough, we started traveling again.

Sweden wasn't at all what I expected but I still had a pretty positive experience. Imo though they deserve the stereotype that Germans get for "ordnung". Swedes are fucking tightasses about everything
>>
Stockholm best for food, good for atmosphere too.
Don't know where you're from but if you want something slightly more Swedish I suggest Umeå. It's far north but there are LOADS of cheap and easy flights.
Malmö is also good for its vicinity to Köpenhamn.
>>
>>1130627
>have Swedish grandfather
>so dad is half Swedish
>still have several cousins and relatives and their progeny living in Sweden
>always kept in touch when I was a kid, sending Christmas letters, etc.
>be early 20s, finally travelling to Europe first time by myself
>back in 2007
So that's the backstory
>meeting my dad's cousin (I had chatted now and then on ICQ with his sons for a few years) for first time
>he lived in Lund
>take train from Stockholm
>train is 30 minutes late, not my fault
>this was back in 2007, smartphones with what's app and such are not common yet
>didn't even have a cellphone back home, and it probably wouldn't have worked in Europe back then either
>finally leave station, 'uncle' is there
>FIRST TIME I'M MEETING HIM
>hugs says hello, but...
>he's obviously a bit irritated, not so much from waiting, but because I didn't call
>get a mini-lecture about how I should have informed him
>"uh, well I don't own a cellphone actually...'
>get another 2 minute lecture about how I should have bought a phone when I arrived in Europe
later on at some point
>I'm a bit chubby back then.
>not obese, but sure: overweight
>receive a few patronizing lectures about how I should really exercise more for my health or watch my diet, etc.

In my family it'd be rude for even direct family members to say shit like this out of context and without some sugar-coating or joking around. They said it all straight-up matter-of-fact. Never with any malice, but always with a smile in a friendly but patronizing way. "Don't you know? The best and only way you should do XYZ is like _______". All the time! I noticed other people were like this, too, not only my relatives. Christ it was annoying. I had forgotten about that...

I had a nice time overall, and I've been again since, but I know what you mean about them being tightasses... killed the vibe a bit for me. Also the number of completely spoiled, entitled little teenage cunts on trains or in packs in city centers...
>>
>>1130642
Even among the Scandis, the Swedes are known for having sticks up their asses.
>>
Preciate the replies brehs. Sweden sounds like it might be a bit depressing for foreigners lol. I'm Canadian, blonde and have been practicing swedish for a year so hopefully the locals will accept me ha.
>>1130638
thanks, i'll check it out
>>
>>1130742
Where you from? And why Sweden?

Just curious cause I was a Canadian in love with Swedish culture and a bit let down. I'm tempted to give it another try though at some point.
>>
>>1130947
Also, how long did the process take from when you applied to when you received the visa?
>>
>>1130947
Same. Donno why, I just love that Nordic culture and I met a Swedish girl over the summer that really sealed the deal for me (from Edmonton). Took like 2-3 months. But also took a while to save up the required funds and buying the health insurance that would cover the year was like 600 bucks. Where you thinking of going? You should do it upp breh, could use a couple of canuck friends while i'm there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.