[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: brazilcountryroadraildet2.jpg (1MB, 2425x1330px) Image search: [Google]
brazilcountryroadraildet2.jpg
1MB, 2425x1330px
Hey /trv/

So I'm heading out to South America in October for a few months and I'm designing a rough plan of my route (see pic)

A couple of questions for those in the know:

- What's the best (ie. most scenic, interesting, cheap) route between Salta and Iguazu; cutting through Paraguay or looping down through Northern Argentina?

- How viable is it to cut out Sao Paulo and head to Rio from Iporanga (a few hours north of Curitiba)?

- Any particular places you would recommend between Southern Peru, Bolivia, Northern Chile/Argentina and Southern Brazil?
>>
The best way to go to Rio from Iporanga is going tough São Paulo.

I recommend going to Balneário Camboriú in southern Brazil.
>>
>Curitiba
Enjoy your murder
>>
>>1129339
Is it really that bad? I was under the impression that it has one of the highest average quality of life ratings in Brazil. I'm volunteering in Iporanga and it seems like I can only get there via Curitiba rather than straight from Florianopolis.
>>
>>1129359
By that logic America is unsafe because Detroit is bad. Everywhere has violence, just be smart.
>>
>>1129359
I know that Brazil is absolutely fraught with violence but from what I've heard it seems more prolific in the likes of Sao Paulo, Rio, Salvador, Brasilia and in jungle/border areas than in Curitiba, so it's just odd to me that >>1129339 pointed the place out above others
>>
>>1129362
Does safety pretty much boil down to using common sense, like not flashing expensive shit on the streets?

I used to live in Oakland, supposedly one of the most dangerous cities in US, but did okay. Never been shot, robbed, etc. My only close call was getting my head stuck between a bus door FWIW.
>>
>>1129204
Southern Chile is way more fun than the north, there are many great local beers, especially in Valdivia, and a lot of awesome forests and stuff like that
>>
>>1129364
>Curitiba
has a far higher crime rate than Sao Paulo, Rio and Brasilia honestly those cities are pretty safe it's mostly a memes please look at this list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate
>>
>>1130645
The big cities are actually comparable top La and Nyc crime rates also pretty sure Brazil's capital is safer than DC
actually looked it up they are near identical in crime rate
>>
>>1129446
how did you get your head stuck in a bus door?
>>
>>1130645
Wow, Curitiba's murder rate is definitely higher than I thought.

However, murder rates don't entail levels of other acts of violence levelled at tourists such as muggings and kidnappings.

Not that I'm worried - I understand these are the anomolies of events and I have no intention of being brash with money or any valuables - I'd just be interested to see how Brazil's cities fare on a similar list for more tourist-directed violence
>>
>>1130646
Brasilia is a literal dystopian city. If you stay inside in the rich city center you will not deal with violence. It's really beautiful too. Never seen anything like it. I recommend a visit
>>
>>1129204
Why don't you pass on Jesuit ruins in South Paraguay?
And about Brazil
- Rio de Janeiro is worth a week, but take A LOT of care
- São Paulo is also worth a week, but take care
- You should try Paraty, Rio de Janeiro state, and Santos, São Paulo state. They are historical cities (but once in Santos, take care - more than in São Paulo)
- 2 days are enough both in Curitiba and in Foz do Iguaçú
>>
>>1130914
>Not that I'm worried - I understand these are the anomalies of events and I have no intention of being brash with money or any valuables - I'd just be interested to see how Brazil's cities fare on a similar list for more tourist-directed violence
sound like you are going to be smart about it no worries
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.