[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What occupations provide the most ability to travel? As in, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: $_57.jpg (86KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
86KB, 1024x682px
What occupations provide the most ability to travel? As in, the most flexibility and leisure time, while still getting payed (no matter how little)?
Is it freelancing? Being a National Geographic corespondent?

What about volunteering with payed accommodation and some food? Has anyone here done this before? Any organizations that sponsor this?
>>
Government work nigga
>>
>>1126578
>Government work
Heh Good luck with that after posting on this website. You'll be lucky if you're only on 12 government watch lists
>>
>>1126491
>get a job with a multinational corporation
>rise through the ranks until you're over 30 years old
>enjoy pretty much unlimited free travel worldwide
There's actually a high demand for people willing to travel a lot for work since most people are reluctant to be away from their friends/spouse/children ect for long periods of time
>>
Teach. I teach science in burgerland. Easiest gig ever. I teach in a rural community to a bunch of rubes. 300 white kids who still say "yes, sir. Sorry I was talking". An administration run by a basket ball coach. And a Monday thru Thursday work week. I worked 157 days last year.
>>
>>1127548
Seconding this. I life in an extremely wealthy suburban town in new jersey; teachers get paid like kings here and barely do an hour of "work" per day. They don't pay into their health insurance, they're practically unfireable no matter what they do (we had instances of teachers sexually harassing female students and they were not let go), and the job is basically glorified babysitting. Summers off with random bullshit holidays and vacation days where you can be MIA for weeks at a time - it really is the perfect travel job that doesn't involve traveling for work.

I remember in high school I had teachers who LITERALLY gave us a packet of work to do and just walked out of the classroom. With a masters and some experience, these people are getting paid nearly six figures and have unassailable job security. Honestly I don't understand why anyone wouldn't teach unless you're hoping to make more money than a teacher could possibly make. Even then, you could just be an administrator.
>>
>>1126491
I'm a freelancer who does what is in essence a very intensive, specific species of technical writing. I have a small but faithful portfolio of returning clients and make... not a lot, but what I would generously classify as enough money. At what I consider full-time employment, which is 3 days/wk, I typically pull in just over US$90K/yr before taxes. I lose a LOT in taxes. The days that I bill for are almost without exception longer than the eight hours for which I officially charge. And I do not always get three reliable days of work per week. But it works well enough, and I can do it from anywhere (on rare occasions, I can get paid to travel while I do it, but that's less than once a year thus far).
>>
>>1127559
Honestly, I teach in the Deep South. The money would be better if hadn't fucked myself with student loans and some other nonsense when I was in college.

Government is giving me a big break on the amount I owe and I'm telling discover student loans (private loan) to kick rocks.

So, the pay would be better if I was better with money when I was younger. Still have enough to travel though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.