[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a student and i will leave for munich during the winter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: téléchargement.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
I'm a student and i will leave for munich during the winter semester. I heard it's a real pain in the ass for finding a home in munich. Does anyone ever lived there as a student? Was it hard finding a home? Anyone have a piece of advice about getting an apartment over there?
>>
Airbnb is getting crazy there because of the new german laws, but you can still try it.
There's also hostels, craigslist, couchsurfing, etc.
>>
>>1121132

From what I've heard the prices are insane as in every bigger german city.
Search for specific groups in Facebook, and contact the Studierendenwerk München.
>>
OP I hope you don't mind if I piggy back on your thread but speaking of Europe, I'm moving to the UK and I want to know the best way to transfer my savings over there.
My plan was to open an account with HSBC or Barclays and when I'm in the UK I'll access the money as needed.
Is that the best way? Honestly I'd carry it all in a bag if I could
>>
>>1121352
Open a bank account once you get to the UK and transfer money from your account into it. It's very easy.
>>
Yeah, definitely try to get a room through the Studentenwerk. As an exchange Student your chances aren't that bad...
>>
>>1121510
Aren't there a lot of fees and stuff when you do that? It may be a dumb question but I really don't know
>>
>>1121767
there was a website from the creators of skype, I think it was called transferwise or something like that. I never used it but it claimed to avoid all the bullshit bank fees, might wanna check it out.

>>1121352
>My plan was to open an account with HSBC or Barclays and when I'm in the UK I'll access the money as needed.
I think that's a bad idea. You know Barclays US and Barclays UK count as different companies for operation purposes, right? So you'll be charged all the international fees if you're in the UK using your money from the US, which can be a hefty sum, depending on your bank.

Like anon said, just open a UK account and find the best way to transfer the money.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.