[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /has seen the world but still feels empty/? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
Who here /has seen the world but still feels empty/?

I've been to:
> the us
> guatemala (home country)
> el salvador
> peru
> argentina
> brazil
> uruguay
> germany
> Czech Republic
> switzerland
> austria
> italy
> france
> spain
> sweden
> finland
> russia
> britain

Why do i feel like everywhere i go is more of the same?
Why do i feel that my life is boring despite the places I've seen?
>>
Depression, man. You should see a doctor about that before it completely consumes you.
>>
>>1120875
Get some counseling and figure out what's bugging you. Traveling is not gonna solve anything.
>>
>>1120875
Because travel should be a fun sidetrack to a fulfilling life, not the thing you live for in and of itself. You can see how unhappy the people who travel forever are when you meet them, they're almost like heroin addicts, chasing some dream they can never quite get since they have no real goals.
>>
File: 1463478762745.jpg (33KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
1463478762745.jpg
33KB, 314x320px
>has been to western Europe countries
>has been to countries occupied by western European countries

It's not very difficult to see why, friend.

Try Africa and Asia. And define "been", like spent a day in Rome and you call this "Italy"?

Try to manage your trips around things important to you in those countries, time them so they coincide with festivals and other activities. As a general rule, life is what you make of it and it applies pretty much throughout.

>more of the same
There are buildings and people and food everywhere in the world. This is "more of the same" by definition, how you should look at things is just to note the differences. And there are objective differences.

At the end of the day, if that doesn't interest you (anymore), then maybe traveling is not for you, my friend.
>>
>>1120875
>seen the world
>less than 20 countries on three continents

Lol, no.
>>
File: CinkVzGUgAQUyE7.jpg large.jpg (103KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
CinkVzGUgAQUyE7.jpg large.jpg
103KB, 900x642px
>>1120913
>You can see how unhappy the people who travel forever are when you meet them, they're almost like heroin addicts, chasing some dream they can never quite get since they have no real goals.

it's all i really want to do in life and i know this is my fate
>>
>>1120960
>>1120976
Don't yell at me im only 18
>>
>>1120987
Then calm down and stop worrying about depression or that kind of shit. Finish school, find out what you want to do in life, fuck some cute girls and just enjoy. Travel if it makes you happy. Stay at home if that's what you want to do. Don't let anybody else tell you what to do. Especially not this Taiwanese Puppetry board.

\thread
>>
>>1120913
>You can see how unhappy the people who travel forever are when you meet them, they're almost like heroin addicts, chasing some dream they can never quite get since they have no real goals.

"Backpackers" dude, always the same thing. Feel pity for them.
>>
>>1120987
>18
>empty

nah you're just a normal shithead teenager. if you feel fulfilled at 18 THEN you have problems
>>
>>1120875
You actually haven't been to that many places. Travel some more. See what happens.
>>
>>1120960
Consider i live in a third world country, all 'poor exotic' places end up being pretty similar, dirty streets and colorful markets full of people yelling in foreign
>>
Travelling is the only thing I like. Try going with other people, and buy better drug, or this world will kill you slowly
>>
If you come in Italy again, tell me. So I can buy some chloroform and get some girls in the beta way
>>
Maybe travel isn't going to be that big a thing to you? It is for most folks here -- that's why we're on a travel board -- but it is not for everybody. Maybe look for other things to give you a more fulfilled life.
>>
>>1120875
Two books:
- Italo Calvino's Invisible Cites
- Little Prince
Colorary:
1 - Cities are accidently different, but essencialy the same;
2 - Happiness is within, not outside.
But keep traveling, it is a good thing to do.
>>
>>1120875
Visit a place once, it feels just like home.
Visit a place twice, and you'll start to notice the differences.
Visit a place three times, and it's like a different planet.
>>
>>1121952
interesting, my experience is the opposite:

>Visit a place once, and it's like a different planet.
>Visit a place twice, and you'll start to notice the similarities.
>Visit a place three times, it feels just like home.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 391x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 391x532px
>>1120994
>Taiwanese Puppetry board
Kek
>>
File: 1463965612098.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1463965612098.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>1120994
>saying thread in your own post

Only on a Mongolian tapestry-weaving board
>>
>>1120913
Fucking this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.