[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of backpack do you use /trv/? Is there any customization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 492101041bi01.jpg (292KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
492101041bi01.jpg
292KB, 1500x1500px
What kind of backpack do you use /trv/?

Is there any customization you do to make them more useful?
>>
>>1119519
I got my camera backpack, reverse zipped, so cant be thieved out of while wearing and an osprey backpack that attaches to my large osprey bag.

You can get camera bag internals as an insert and put them in regular bags too.
>>
>>1119519
Kelty Redwing 50. It's a little too big sometimes but for the price it has been very good to me.
>>
When I was a young traveller going abroad for the first time my mother, being the loving but over protective person she is, got me a Pacsafe treksafe 100. It's got slash proof front, bottom and straps as well as being near impossible to open without removing it (the zippers clip near the neck).

It's pretty nice, though I wouldn't have ever bought it myself. Got a few nice pouches inside. I don't remember what brand my hiking backpack, it's nothing fancy.
>>
Patagonia Refugio 28L but I pack notoriously light. Love it, though.
>>
>>1119519
hey I have that exact bag in my closet.

its not bad but i wouldn't really use it for traveling.
>>
>>1119519
Farpoint 40 and a Porter 46 depending on trip length
>>
>>1119661
I don't use it for heavy travel, it's just something I already had that can hold my computer with a few changes of clothes.

What would you recommend?
>>
File: osprey-farpoint-55-review19.jpg (605KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
osprey-farpoint-55-review19.jpg
605KB, 1024x680px
>>1119576
the farpoint?

is the osprey daypack any good? I've heard it's smaller than you might expect. Dunno if I should get the farpoint with a pack or just the 40l

it's also almost £100 so im not sure
>>
just a basic jansport that I used in HS/college

gets the job done
>>
>>1119809
Get the 40 and a collapsible daypack
>>
>>1119809
I think so (or similar) but I got the 65L, got it on sale. Daypack is small, but can fit a surprising amount of stuff in it still. If need a bigger back pack it's my camera bag, but that always ends up heavy when I take a bag that big, so I like the day pack for the minimal weight reason

>>1120151
The attachable daypack is collapsible (when empty)
>>
>>1119519
I've had heaps of different backpacks, because I am too much of a tightarse to spend real money on one.

Currently rocking a North Face (probably) knock-off I bought at Pudu market in KL
>>
File: kpl-k15015-712_1.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kpl-k15015-712_1.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
Kipling Seoul in brown.
Versatile. I also have an Osprey Manta for /out/.

Which should I take to Germany for 10 days?
>>
File: Carrion-65-200x300.jpg (13KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion-65-200x300.jpg
13KB, 200x300px
>>1120151
I'm leaning towards the 40, but it's hard to find a daypack that can fit within it, that's also good enough to carry my camera + the usuals for a daypack

>>1120182
>The attachable daypack is collapsible
I wasn't aware of that. Still, I'm leaning towards the carry-on sized 40

My camera bag is barely enough to contain the camera and it still fucks everything up. I want to have a daypack that's sturdy but still able to fit into a main bag, I hate carrying two when moving between hostels or to the airport

I took this motherfucker to Japan and it annoyed me so much. I had to clip my daypack (like the OP image but thinner) with carabiners
>>
>>1120182
>If need a bigger back pack it's my camera bag, but that always ends up heavy when I take a bag that big, so I like the day pack for the minimal weight reason

can you rephrase this, the camera bag is my main issue when it comes to getting main and daypack into one bag
>>
I've been looking at Osprey bags, did you guys all pay the retail price for those things? £100 for a 40l bag seems a bit excessive
>>
As long as I can sew a Canadian flag on it, I don't much mind what sort of bag it is.
>>
Some Gregory 30L bag, and a collapsible bag (dunno how large but I'd guess 10L) made by Eddie Bauer. Works pretty good. I don't pack too heavy so it fits me well.

Usually what I carry on travels is 2 changes of clothes (excluding the ones on my back), enough underwear and socks for a week, a pair of sneakers (I wear hiking boots on my feet unless where I'm going is warm all year round) my tiny ass macbook, my phone, my gopro, all their chargers, a rain jacket, sunglasses, a spare hat, toiletries, a small thin blanket, shower shoes, my sketchbook/pencil, and maybe a small paperback book to read. I also make it a point to buy a multi-tool/pocket knife when I land in whatever country I'm in because I always take my bag as a carry on if I can.
>>
>>1119519
Osprey Porter 46 for carry on.
>>
>>1120182
>The attachable daypack is collapsible (when empty)

yeah, and it weighs 1lb versus my packable backpack that weighs 7oz and costs $18
>>
>>1121199
Please be joking. This is the worst. Why anyone would even want to show that they're from that pathetic """"country"""", I'll never understand.
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 384x384px
Quechua Forclaz 37 Ultralight

Picked it up in a Decathlon in Shanghai for a trip up Huangshan, used it for travelling a few months later and never looked back, it's great.

Only problem with it is no rain cover and no back support, it's pretty fucking basic. But it's light as fuck, can be opened like a suitcase (down the middle), and plenty of elastic for tying stuff on. Also a handy pocket by the head that I like to keep books in.

Not my 'best' backpack by any means, but it's the handiest for travelling
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.