[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting burgerland this summer for one month. Which 4 or 5 states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: welcome-to-colorful-colorado.jpg (126KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-colorful-colorado.jpg
126KB, 800x599px
Visiting burgerland this summer for one month.
Which 4 or 5 states should I check out?

So far I'm attracted to wyoming, arizona, colorado and montana. I'm attracted to nature, rural environments. What do you think? Also, money's not a problem
>>
>>1119106
Those four are all good. Utah is on the same level.
>>
>>1119170
Yea do Utah, 5 best national parks in the entire country
>>
>>1119106
get your reservations now if you want to camp at the parks
>>
Maine, Florida, Alaska, Hawaii, Kansas
>>
>>1119188
kek

have you ever been to these places?

>maine
probably the best on the list
>florida
also good, lots of quality beaches on the gulf
>alaska
mosquitoes, everywhere
>hawaii
expensive and chinked version of SEA
>kansas
LOL WUT

>>1119106
Utah, Montana, Northern California, Yellowstone area is your best bet for wilderness
>>
File: yellowstone for trv.gif (154KB, 662x589px) Image search: [Google]
yellowstone for trv.gif
154KB, 662x589px
>>1119195
>>alaska
>mosquitoes, everywhere

If that was all you got out of Alaska, you were doing it wrong.

That said, I think OP has a list with lots of good stuff to see/do, but an awful lot of it is similar to the rest of it.

If money is really no object, he needs to make a couple of intrantaional plane rides and add something on the Pacific NW coast, and something in the Appalachians, given and interest in nature and rural stuff. I'd hit DC for the unique museums and shit, if he could stomach a few days in a city.

OP, avoid Yellowstone like the plague during its busy season -- it is an amazing place, but when it suffers from 10 mile traffic jams, it is just a horrible disappointment.
>>
>>1119196
I'm not sure about other parts but in southeast Alaska there were absolutely zero insects excepts little ones that only crawl on the ground.
>>
>Florida
Good beaches, some really nice parks, everglades, theme parks (if you're into that, I'm personally not).

>New York City + New England states
Included them in one since the New England Sates are literally one ferry ride away from NYC. Always nice to experience NYC (subway, food, Statue of Liberty, etc.) and then you can take a quick swing by most of the NE states and see what they have to offer. I'd personally recommend checking out Fenway Park...probably the most historic baseball field still in existence.

>Montana
Muh nature...but seriously, if you're into that type of stuff, there's probably not a better state than Montana.

>Tennessee
Memphis, Nashville, various mountain ranges, various outdoor activities.

>Arizona
Grand Canyon is really nice.
>>
>>1119195
Maine, florida, hawaii and kansas wouldn't be on my list to anyone.
>>
>>1119106
Your list is good considering what youre into, but Arizona in the summer is pretty miserable, unless you stay exclusively in the higher elevation areas.

I'd probably swap it out for Oregon or Washington. Great climate in summer, and the ecosystems range from temperate rainforest to desert and everything in between.
>>
>>1119344
I would guess those five (including Alaska) were chosen as the northeast, southeast, northwest, southwest, and central states.
>>
>>1119344
If you like the Great Innawoods, Maine is as good as anywhere.

Florida has beaches and Okefenokee and the keys, for a different flavor of outdoorsiness.

Hawaii requires some getting away from the tourists, but if you do that it is pretty amazing. Way the fuck out of the way for somebody doing a US visit though.

Never been to Kansas so no opinion there.
>>
>>1119188
FROM KS AND I EVEN SAY WHY?
>>
>>1119106
pennsylvania, it's a pretty cool place. I'm from New Jersey and never bee out west so i wouldnt know
>>
>>1119476
>>1119195
you're both being trolled. he clearly just picked states on the far four corners and then one in the middle
>>
>Which 4 or 5 states should I check out?
>>1119106

You've gotta check out the following list!

1. North Dakota
2. Nebraska
3. Arkansas
4. Delaware
5. Vermont
>>
>>1119334
>Tennessee

Let me guess, you live in Tennessee?
>>
>>1119484
>not 5. New Mexico
>implying people need to go to Vermont AND Delaware
>>
>>1119106
Go to Alaska, family.
My favorite place in the whole world and it's like $200 for a round trip from Seattle.
>>
>>1119106
If you're going out west it might be too much to ask, but you should check out the South

You could do something like: Smoky Mountains -> Atlanta -> Charleston, SC -> Savannah, GA -> Jacksonville, FL -> Miami.

You'd see some of the prettiest cities in the US.
>>
>>1119106
Yellowstone area (Wyoming, Idaho(craters of the moon national park), Montana

California, Yosemite area

Colorado, nice mountains, also cool ski-towns that you can hang out in and drink beer and nice pubs with pretty hippy lades, or smoke pot with smelly hippy ladies

probably grand canyon area too
>>
>>1119559
Remember that episode where the Simpsons got banned from 48 states except for North Dakota and Delaware?
"I always wanted to see Mount Rushmore!"
"That's in South Dakota."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xxj0GMgWOw
>>
>>1119195
>Maine
There's no point in going to Maine unless you love lobsters and lighthouses.....I do not, but I respect those who do.
>>
>Utah
canyonland, arches, bryce canyon

how can you not
>>
>>1119106
I live in Tuscon, Arizona. My two favorite hikes are seven falls (in Sonora desert, 7-8 miles and not very steep with big waterfalls at the end) and Picacho Peak (only 2-3 miles but very steep and may be awful if you have a fear of heights). Mount Lemon is fun just for walking around, and hikes lengths range. The Desert Museum is a great zoo that shows mostly native animals.

I'd recommend leaving in the morning because of the heat, but you'd want to see the gorgeous sunsets and stars.
>>
California for sure

(San Francisco and Yosemite)
Both Washington and Oregon.

(the north west is beautiful and Seattle and Portland are both cool cities, West coast culture is just better in general)

southern Utah and Northern Arizona

(have some awesome parks: Zion, Arches, Grand Canyon, Canyon lands, and Escalante.)
>>
Thanks for you answers, familia
>>
>>1119510
Not that anon you're replying to, but Nashville is great. If you love music, there isn't a better music scene in the country. And beautiful nature is only a short car ride away. Great nightlife too.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.