[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: ZANZUP.jpg (64KB, 542x322px) Image search: [Google]
ZANZUP.jpg
64KB, 542x322px
Expats of /trv/, how did you know you were ready to move to a new country? How much planning and preparation did you need? Are you planning to stay in your new country permanently?

I have a more specific problem which I'll post below, but I thought I'd keep it general to start off with so the threads not just about my problems. I'm interested to hear the experiences of any expats, so feel free to share.
>>
File: DSC_0461.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0461.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
My problem:

I live in the UK, but have never been completely happy here. Mostly it was just a youthful dream to live somewhere more naturally beautiful, but as I've got older I've noticed lots of other problems too. My generation doesn't have the same mobility as my parent's generation. Increasing house prices and student debts mean that, unless you come from a rich family, it's very hard to become rich because you're paying into someone else's pocket for the majority of your working life, and don't get to keep much for yourself. Furthermore, I developed depression a few years ago after a break-up, and since then have just felt this desire to run away to somewhere new and start completely afresh. Overall, I just don't see a happy future for myself in the UK.

Last summer I went to Canada, which I had always thought looked beautiful. I worked at a summer camp, and had the time of my life. The stereotype about the politeness/friendliness of the Canadians is true - after hearing my accent, people would literally come up to me and welcome me to the country, ask me about myself, and even offer to let me stay with them and take me quadding/canoeing/hunting/fishing. Anywhere else it would have made me suspicious as fuck, but they were just so genuine and friendly. I'd spend the week at this wilderness camp, and then at weekends/time off me and my friends would go to the national park and go camping, or swimming in the lakes, and stuff like that. I even met a qt girl and had a little fling with her. It was such a change from the UK where people just seem to work all week in jobs they don't care about so that they can spend all the money they saved by clubbing on the weekend. I just felt so much more alive in Canada than in the UK, it's been my best travel experience to date.

(1/2)
>>
I was ready the minute I saw this country will never offer me anything good without influence and money. Since I don't have any money, I can't even start planning. My only asset is my car and even if I sell it it won't be enough to move to a different country legally. I'd love to stay permanently somewhere I could live peacefully.
>>
File: DSC_0487.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0487.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>1119026
So since then, I've returned to the UK, and my old problems have come back. I find it hard to meet like-minded people here, in terms of both friends and potential partners. My life here is fine, but completely boring. I keep wondering how much better it would be if I was still in Canada (or somewhere else with a more outdoorsy and friendly culture, like New Zealand). However:

- I realise I've definitely got a big case of 'grass-is-always-greener' syndrome, and the reality of living there would probably be very different than my working holiday

- Moving there would mean putting an ocean between me and my family, and only being able to return home probably once per year max - which might not be a good idea considering my depression

- The academic qualifications I've got into so much debt for in the UK aren't really transferable, so I'd be starting from the bottom abroad

- I don't really have much disposable income, so if I did make the leap to move then I'd have to throw myself into it 100%, and not anticipate coming back for a few years at least

So now I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Do I stay in the UK where I'm miserable, but have lots of support? Do I stay for a decade or so and hope that I become rich/qualified enough to move overseas and immediately have good prospects? Or do I make the move ASAP, because I'm miserable here and would be happier there?

All advice appreciated, especially from expats who had similar concerns.

(2/2)
>>
I moved to Vietnam because I met a girl from there on Interpals. I just finished college and didn't know what to do with my life and was really depressed. She told me I could come to Vietnam and teach English and we could be together. I just said fuck it and booked a flight to Saigon. I've been living here for 14 months now, me and her live in an apartment together.

To answer your question, in my case there was basically no planning involved, it was an impulse decision. I don't know if I would recommend doing what I did, it would have been a smoother transition if I did some preparation. It was worth it in the end though. At this time we are planning on staying in Vietnam for the long run, my quality of life here is significantly better then it was in the U.S.
>>
>>1119042
Do you know any other foreign English teachers in Vietnam?
>>
>>1119047
Yeah the expat community is pretty small and clustered together here, if you have even a basic social life you will eventually meet a majority of the teachers living here.
>>
>>1119042

Pics. Was it worth it?
>>
File: IMG_20160516_115318.jpg (969KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_115318.jpg
969KB, 3264x2448px
I'm moving to the UK in a week. I'm moving to a post-industrial dump up north, but at least the job will be interesting and the pay will be good. Wish me luck, anons!
>>
File: 20160524_104738.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160524_104738.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1119053
I'm not gonna show pics, I took this photo yesterday to prove to someone on a /r9k/ tread that I wasn't lying about this same topic. And yeah it was totally worth it I'm much happier here.
>>
>>1119023
I've known since I was a child, my parents were expats too though.
Didn't plan much, I got a job offer, paid my last rent, put stuff in storage then just left
>>
>>1119028
>Moving there would mean putting an ocean between me and my family, and only being able to return home probably once per year max - which might not be a good idea considering my depression

Why do you think this?

About your qualification: I don't think that throw away your degree is a good idea. It's not possible take a master or something else to make it useful?
What's your degree?

Anyway you seem a very sensitive person so I wish you all the best.
>>
>>1119060
good luck and welcome, what have you come here to do? where abouts up north?
>>
>>1119028
> - Moving there would mean putting an ocean between me and my family, and only being able to return home probably once per year max - which might not be a good idea considering my depression

Definitely don't discount this. This has been the most difficult aspect of being an expat for me. It's hard knowing that you're trying to make a life somewhere apart from your loved ones. Moving away for a year or two isn't a big deal if you plan on returning, but if you don't, then you have to accept that you're making the decision not to spend a good part of your life with your loved ones back home. This might be easy for some people to accept, but it certainly hasn't been for me. It gets harder as you get older too, I find. When I was in my early 20's I didn't really care, but now that I'm in my mid-20's it seems way, way more important to be with the people that matter to you. We only have one life, you know. That includes them too.
>>
when you move it's better to have a part of your life there aranged: either a job/occupation or at least a gf/bf. Since you don't have the latter, look for the former.

so either find a job thre (while being in the UK) or a way to continue your education.

probably for you it's easier to continue your education.

If you did bachelors, then look for masters
if you did masters, look for a phd.

>serial expat here, multiple citezenships here.
>>
>>1119026
>>1119028
Also from UK, and also feel the same way about Canada after spending some time there. It really is GOAT. I am about to start my application for permanent residency next month actually. I'm pretty lucky that I have saved up a bit of money, have no debt, and I think I am a bit younger than you (I am in my early 20s), so nothing is really holding me back.

And I totally get what you are saying about the UK. There nothing really left for me here either. Our parents' generation had more opportunities than us. People here for the most part I think seem totally devoid of enthusiasm for life. Only stick to the friends they have had all their life, work shitty depressing jobs they hate just to have enough money to get black out drunk at the weekend. I feel that Canadians have a lot more variation in their life and tend to be easier to make friends with.

I also know I have a case of "grass is greener on the other side" as well though haha. Maybe if someone from abroad came to live in the UK they wouldn't find it as bad as I'm saying but I think it does grind you down once you have been living here for a while, and I have for my whole life. Even my dad who is an expat in the UK has been wanting to go back home for a few years now.
>>
>>1119026
>>1119028
>>1119147 (Cont'd)

> Do I stay in the UK where I'm miserable, but have lots of support? Do I stay for a decade or so and hope that I become rich/qualified enough to move overseas and immediately have good prospects? Or do I make the move ASAP, because I'm miserable here and would be happier there?

I think you should go for it OP. You only have one shot at it, in ten years times you may have other commitments like mortage, wife, children, or sick relatives you have to look after. If Canada is where you want to be and you will be happy there then the goal you should be working towards atm is how to get there. Do your research, there are ways to get in permanently even without being ridicously high skilled. Look at the provincial nominee programmes. I am planning on going through the Quebec one because I speak French, but you might be elligible for it even if you dont speak French. Look at the amount of foriegners doing things as basic as driving cabs in Canada, its not that difficult to get in.

You don't want to be thinking what if 10 years down the line. Go try at least and if in two years or whatever you have to come back to the UK then so be it. At least you would have made an effort and enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>1119131
A return flight to Canada is ~£650, which is ~$1250. Unless I walk straight into a well-paid job that gives me plenty of holiday (obviously very unlikely) then it will be difficult to get back more than once per year.

I am currently doing an MSc (in sport psychology), but unfortunately my qualification isn't really transferable to Canada. They have their own separate training pathway, and I'd have to start again I think. Besides, whilst doing the degree I realised that I didn't actually want to work in this field so it was a pretty bad choice on my part to choose it because it's landed me with ~£7k more debt. I'd like to use my psychology more in the healthcare industry, but that entails a few more years training minimum, plus experience, before I'd be in a position to move abroad in the same job.

>>1119141
Yeah things like having family around me at Christmas are definitely important to me. I've spent the best part of a year on the road before and didn't miss them madly or anything like that, but that's because I always knew exactly when I'd be coming back. If it was a permanent thing, it may bother me more. I don't to watch my siblings get old on social media, or hear news of my grandparent's death and realise I've not seen them in-person for years and can't even afford to fly back for a funeral. I want to have my family nearby, I just wish they could all move overseas too.

>>1119145
Yeah I was considering doing a PhD over there and have been monitoring various websites where they're advertised, but nothing appropriate has come up unfortunately.
>>
>>1119147
>>1119148
I'm also early 20s, with nothing holding me back except the concerns/worries I mentioned. With no disrespect intended for those expats who do take low-skilled jobs, I want to be able to use my qualifications and work in a high-skilled job (current thinking as a psychologist, although that might change). So that's why I'm currently leaning towards re-assessing the situation in 5-10 years - let's face it, I definitely won't have a mortgage by then, and the girlfriend prospect isn't looking too likely either. On the other hand, I'd love to spend my early 20s in Canada, it seems like a great place to be young, and if I spend all my time studying so that I can move there later in life, I may regret it.

Good for you for making the leap though. Are you hoping to live in Quebec? What work are you planning to do, and do you already have a job arranged?
>>
Me >>1119131

>>1119150
>then it will be difficult to get back more than once per year
My bad. I wanted ask: why do you think that being able to return only once a year is a problem with your depression?
Depression can't be linked with your social circle?
Maybe stay away from them will help you to get over this problem.
I don't know, it's just an idea...
>>
File: 1431369125592.png (15KB, 759x551px) Image search: [Google]
1431369125592.png
15KB, 759x551px
>want to move abroad
>most of the countries I want to move to require a college education or a highly skilled job that they have a shortage of
>am a certified interior firefighter, can drive trailer trucks, and have experience in building power lines but that's not enough
>tfw stuck forever to be a tourist elsewhere unless I fall for the college meme, and I don't want to make a 4 year commitment to school because murrican system is absolutely fucked

just kill me now
>>
>>1119591
>murrican system is fucked

This is what lazy fucks tell themselves as an excuse not to do better. As long as you don't stidy African dance theory you will make it with a murrican degree
>>
>>1119026
I change country when I can no longer get anything out of it. I go with goals in mind, achieve then and then move on.

For example, right now I am in Russia to learn Russian, save money and make it to head of department at work. Will be done in a couple of years and it will be time to move on.

Sounds like you are done with the UK. Move on.
>>
>>1119632
1945-1979 was the golden age of the middle class in America. It is dead and so soon will be the Pax American too.
>>
I'm a college dropout but really want to move abroad, preferably to Italy. Is it possible to find a ordinary job and rent an appartment and still live a good life? I know Italy has shitty salaries. Should I just give up? I'm European btw.
>>
>>1119645
The middle-class is slowly disappearing in the western world. In the future we will only have super poor and super rich people. Asia is where it's at.
>>
>>1119591
What is 4 years in in comparison to having a shitty, low paying job for the rest of your life? It's never too late to return to school. Unless you are happy with yourself.
>>
>>1119636
Are you married to a leggy Ukrainian? Cos we gotta stop meeting like this

Aslo congrats on the kid
>>
I made the move almost a year ago, to learn handwork that interests me. Middle 20s.

I would recommend it to anyone who feels the movement inside of him. For me it was behind the sternum, laying there for a few years. There's no use to fight it rationally.
I moved with a backpack and a suitcase, and a want for something. Besides that, I had pretty much nothing (language, cultural differences, beaurocratical requirements).

Everything falls into place, as long as you're true to yourself and others.

I see myself moving again in the future, simply because I have not came to the place where I felt 'this is where I want to live'. It is definitely possible I will wind up in my home country again, because as others and yourself have mentioned, family matters (it's true). But I have learned, am learning and will learn more than I could imagine before I let the movement out. I'm a curious type, and I believe so are others who dare to look at something unfamiliar directly in the eyes.

And with all the experiences one makes, one learns oneself better, and therefore is more comfortable anywhere.

Best of luck.
>>
How is an ex-patriot any different from an immigrant?
>>
>>1120412
expats are immigrants but from rich countries
>>
>>1120412
expatriate*. I don't mean to be a grammar Nazi, but I see loads of people make that mistake.
The way I see it, an expat is someone who is in a foreign country temporarily, doing non-manual labour (most English teachers in SEA, for example). Immigrants move to a new country with the intention of staying there for good. Of course, the fact that 99% of expats are white factors into the debate, but hey.
Or that's how I understand it.
>>
>>1120316
Haha, yeah man that is me, I sometimes forget how few people actually post here.You heading overseas to work again anytime soon?

You are always welcome for a vodka or 10 here in Moscow if you ever make it to this part of the world.
>>
>>1120412
I've two degrees, money and a civil education and so I'll be maybe an expat.
Instead often the nigga that comes in my country from Africa hasn't money, has not a high instruction level and so doesn't bring an additional value at my home (actually he could bring with himself a high level of criminality). So, he'll be a immigrant.
I'm serious.
>>
>>1120427
And an idiot.
>>
>>1120440
Lol. Share your thoughts.
Right now in UE there is a fucking invasion of low skilled immigrants that come here in a already saturare job market.
Furthermore (data says) in the prison system of my country a big part of inmates are immigrants.
I would like to add that I've been enrolled in the army and so I saw the criminality that there is in the neighboorhoods filled almost only by immigrants.
>>
>>1120552
'Low skilled immigrants' are just what all European teenagers at 15 are. The immigrants simply need the chance (and will) to learn the skills for the job.
I work in Germany in the labour market, and about the half of every building site's workers are immigrants. Guess what? There's still not enough workers.

Criminality rates are something I will not refer to, as I have not gathered enough data over the subject myself. I never recommend to repeat the 'news'.

To the ignorant proclamation of 'under skilled' immigrants not bringing value, I can only say:
Open your eyes to the world beyond your bubble, working hands are always needed. Without working hands, which native eurpeans offer less every year, everyone's comfortable life will spiral downwards in a few years. And cultural exchange can only enrich one's life. The world is big, there's more than one way to live.

Peace.
>>
>>1119026
>>1119028
I like Canadians too.

Also Brit. Expat. Live in the United States of Freedom. Been expat since days after graduation. I was also depressed as fuck in England, what you're describing sounds like me 10 years ago. I cured the depression by drinking and banging for several years in China and South Korea. Started out as an ESL teacher.

I recommend you do the same.

To answer your question, to move to Asia takes relatively little prep. They usually take care of accommodation for you so you just need enough cash to buy food for a month. It's easy to get a job and a visa.

To move to North America though, that's a whole different thing unless Daddy is rich. It may not be easy to find any job at all and if you find one the pay may be crap and you'll be an au pair or a seasonal worker at a touristy place... short term gigs, crap pay, no other job allowed on your visa and at the end you have to go back.

Good luck bro. I feel that memelife is calling you.
>>
It's funny, OP. I'm from Canada and feel the same way that you do. Grass is always greener, I guess. My Finnish friend and I always joke that Canada is a second world country, and to be honest, I'd move to the UK if it didn't seem even more second world than Canada. My friends in London, especially are just barely scraping by and that's not a way that I want to live.

The thing about Canada is that it depends where you go. The seasonal/resort life is great but it's not exactly sustainable. I live in Toronto and I hate how this place is all about work - it's the number one priority for most people.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you. This place gives me the fucking heebie jeebies and undoes all of the mental progress that I've made traveling. But the funny thing is that I'm actually making pretty good money - I just hate dating culture and don't really feel like I belong here anymore.

The way I see it, we've got 3 options:
- Move somewhere and hope for the best. I did this in Oz. I could've gotten sponsored if I wanted to; looking back, I wish I took it more seriously because it's probably my favourite place that I've live so far.

- Put your time into school and get qualified. The trick is to be the version of yourself that you were when you were traveling. Talk to strangers, put yourself in weird situations, give zero fucks when you do shit. Be wild, man. I go out alone here now and I love it. If I can do it when I'm traveling and have a blast, why the fuck do I need to get my friends here to come out with me every time?

- Move somewhere else in your country. Sometimes all we really need is a stimulating environment. That, and people from different parts of a country think different. I think different places have different personalities and it's all about finding one that matches yours. Ie I'm Canadian but feel most at home in Oz or Norway.

Good luck, OP. I feel your struggle.
>>
>>1119591
>>am a certified interior firefighter, can drive trailer trucks, and have experience in building power lines
What the fuck? You realize most of the people with muh college degrees are just going to become English teachers, right?

You have actual skills. You should be looking for .gov contract positions. Think State specialist appointments. Also look at NGO positions for technicians, etc.
>>
>>1120979
Seems like most places I've checked out won't hire foreigners as firefighters for some reason. I don't think being a truck driver is exactly a skilled job and working on power lines hasn't given me any certs other than union membership. Still, I'll look into stuff like that. Thank you anon
>>
>>1120758
you're an idiot. economies aren't linear, with a clear path on how to proceed, that can be planned out in advance. neither are labor markets.

if you really worked in labor, you'd realize that most anything with the EXCEPTION of construction is being automated logarythmically and that dark factories are already cropping up in extremely LOW wage countries like china and vietnam.

you're denying the existence of a supply curve, or denying that it applies to the labor market. major eu papers are already talking about lowering wages.
>>
>>1120059
To be fair, working in power line construction/repair and truck driving has proven to be pretty damn lucrative. With no prior experience and no college degree at all, I started out in linework making about 55k a year. A journeyman lineman can make anywhere from 100-200k a year, depending on where they work and what kind of work it is.
>>
>>1121312
I know it's hard as fuck in Canada to become a firefighter. Had so many passionate friends take the courses, volunteer, etc. and eventually give up. The only way to get in these days is to move to middle of bumfuck nowhere with no people (where no fires ever happen).

>>1121316
What country?
>>
>>1119591
Go online in your spare time. If you have a a goal, and a path to it, but you are unwilling to put in the qirk, that's on you. Fucking Millenials and their entitled attitude.

>full disclosure, I am part of the lead generation of millenials, having graduated high school in 2000, but more closely identify with Gen X.
>>
>>1121359
Murrica. I'm also the anon talking about firefighting, and it's kinda the same way here in regards to your post. I probably could have gotten into a bigger dept with my experience, though.
>>
I am a college dropout, though I got some experience in Comp Sci shit; wanna gtfo of shity third world country ... I think I may have a chance somewhere else Any recommendations?
>>
>>1120055
italy has a shit tier economy mate. been there for a couple of months. pay is rubbish, jobs are scarce and politicians don't give a fuck
>>
>>1119645
Thanks Reagan.
>>
>>1120356
I know that feeling all too well. Where are from and where did you end up?
>>
>>1119026

I read all you wrote and it's like you are describing my situation. There's several things that are different. I didn't work in Canada or live in a country like UK that can support me better than in country I live right now.

Still, I really can understand your views of life, society and of your country. Somehow I feel the same about here.

Depression is one thing I really feel, since I was 12 and start understand the non relationship between my parents. Also, never felt a connection between my family in general. Besides my grandmother (fathers side). I've been struggling with trying to get a job here, Portugal, and also with fact thay my father died some time ago.

Thinking about move to another country. Get a job, start fresh and try to improve myself as a person, in a professional way and educational too. I think about going to Poland, I've friends there that can help me and I will get a decent job. Expect to improve my education and get professional qualification in something that I like and also gives me a life so I can really say, "I'M HAPPY!".

If after couple of years I need to move on to another country, Norway, Dennmark, Netherlands, etc, I will. If there's an opportunity that can make do next step in my life, without a doubt I will do it.

Some advice about this would be helpful. Cheers.
>>
File: rose tinted spectacles.jpg (14KB, 634x336px) Image search: [Google]
rose tinted spectacles.jpg
14KB, 634x336px
>>1119645
I cry myself to sleep every night when I realize I will never be part of these perfect years. What has happened to our culture? How can I go on living like this?!
>>
I'm another UK guy. Living in England wasn't too depressing although I can absolutely understand how a lot of Brits get depressed there. You can get into a really mediocre existence pretty easily.

I live in Paris now and I work in an international school. I actually miss the efficient beaurocracy in England... Paris is alright. I'm 27 and I think I've been too comfortable with my friends in England. I know a few people here but really I'm not making any new friends.... it's a bit sad as my friends and family are all expecting me to have loads of mates by now (it's been 10 months). I'm a pretty social guy so I don't know what it is.

Still at least I have a comfy job and a qt gf.
>>
>>1119023
Kiwi who lived in Madrid for a year. Been living in Melbourne for the past 5 years, currently packing my bags to move to London (or near it).
I don't want to read anything BAD about the UK in this thread ok? I'm already missing Melbourne
>>
Moving to Bulgaria tomorrow. Definitely not ready but yolo
>>
>>1122351
Lol the UK sucks. London is nice tho.
>>
>>1122351
What was it like living in Madrid?
>>
File: kksgb7232.jpg (5MB, 3135x2407px) Image search: [Google]
kksgb7232.jpg
5MB, 3135x2407px
I am European. I will graduate in STEM from a very good US college with no debt in 4 years. I have a gf and plan on staying with her, i need nothing more.

Where should i try to get a job? I don't particularly enjoy living in the States, i'd much rather go to a northern european country. I want a comfy life to travel on summers and have a piano at home, books, the calmness of the woods... that sort of deal.

Academia is an OK deal, but i'm not so sure about its financial soundness.
>>
>>1122592
>fell for the STEM meme
>thinks he'll get a job
>>
>>1122530
Yeah, it's nice if your muslim
>>
>>1122592
If you like alpine shit, Switzerland?
>>
Just graduated with a bachelors in Finance with OK grades from a top state school. Could most likely get a reasonably well-paying job here in the states, but I can't stop thinking about the 2 weeks I spent in Berlin last summer. I speak decent conversational german. What would my chances of being able to get a job there be?
>>
>>1122622
Sounds nice, I have (distant) family in Switzerland so there might be a chance there.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.