[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1464095131689.jpg (28KB, 450x269px) Image search: [Google]
1464095131689.jpg
28KB, 450x269px
I'm planning to travel to UK for a year or 2 for working holiday. I've got a few questions hope you guys would help me out.

Is it easy to find jobs that isn't resturant waiter or male prostitute? I've had 2 years of experience working as a front end programmer hope I can find a similar job.

How much saving do I need to have before moving there if I planned on to stay for at least a year?

Is it easy to stay for long term if I have a BNO?

Which area is cheap enough to afford while still easy to find a job?
Thanks
>>
>>1119009
do you have good references? what's your resume like?
>>
In big cities, it can be hard to rent if you don't have a job already. Landlords don't like the idea of someone unemployed in their house.

Up north, everything is cheaper. However, there are also less jobs there.
>>
>>1119110
Not op but I recently moved to the UK on a work visa and managed to secure an apartment without a job by paying 6 months of rent in advance.
It was a shit ton of money but I couldn't think of any other way for people to rent to my unemployed ass.
>>
>>1119078
Kinda shit.
I've only been working for 2 and a half years in a big-ish IT company and thats the only job I've ever had.
>>
>>1119130
Exactly. I moved into Nottingham half a year ago (I'm >>1119110) and my landlord wanted either 6 months' worth of rent, or a company that guaranteed for me, in which case the company only had to pay £400.
>>
Where should I live before I found a room to rent?
>>
>>1119307
How do you find Nottingham?

Not the guy you're replying to. I live in Nottingham so like to see how other people think about it.
>>
>>1119078

Try not to fall into the trap of going to London, I live in the south east and to be frank it's very expensive and not a huge amount of oppertunities, London is good to work in but you'll be spending triple on rent and general living costs.

Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle are major northern cities, a lot cheaper to live in and have decent employment, I would say it might be a better option to go there than London/the south east.

Best of luck though, a job in IT means that if you have a good resume and professional references from an easily recognisable company, you may be able to apply for jobs before you come over and set up a Skype interview or something, that would be ideal.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.