[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prague trip recommendations!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Karlsbron-Prag.jpg (676KB, 1701x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Karlsbron-Prag.jpg
676KB, 1701x1276px
Hello! I'm planning a travel to Prague for the weekend and I need some recommendations on doing. Hit me up with anything!
>>
Cross Club
>>
Nobody's been to Praha?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (340KB, 1000x1091px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
340KB, 1000x1091px
what about this?
>>
>>1118730
Not sure what sort of things you want to do (better for you if you specify) but I remember liking the Veletržní palác museum. Lots of interesting art and in particular a ton of weird objects.
>>
>>1118730
Absinthe Cafe! I regret that I didn't visit them place
>>
Okay, go to:
1) Prague Castle
2) Vyšehrad
3) Charles' Bridge (what's on your image)
4) Check Národní divadlo (National Theatre)
5) if you will come during the weekend, there are tours through the city in historic trams, check it out.
6) Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad (Square of Jiří from Poděbrady), the church there is awesome, around are nice pubs and art-noveau houses.
7) National Gallery at Veletržní (Veletržní palác)

I do not think you can manage more in just one weekend. Do not take taxi while in the city. Buy a buss pass for 48 hours, it's rather cheap and you can at least see how the life in the city is.
Do not go to pubs in the city centre. It will look good, but they are just designed traps for tourists. Go to slightly further away from the city centre. Prices will be lower, food and drinks same quality and you will again see more of a traditional czech pub. There is a beautiful bar, brewery and restaurant at tram station "Bulovka" (tram 10 and 3) or you can try pub connected with Strahovský klášter (Strahov Monastery).

>>1118841
Cross Club is shit nowadays. It used to be an actual underground club now it is another tourist destination (I work 300 meters away from Cross Club).
>>
I've been to Prague once and I got ripped off a few times, I tried my best to avoid tourist traps and scams but it felt like they were almost unavoidable, the minimum wage is extremely low so people get desparate. It was a beautiful city but I didn't really feel safe and the locals really hate tourists. Be careful OP!!
>>
>>1119228
This
>>
>>1119228
Do you mind telling us how you got ripped off? I'm curious because I am going to Prague this summer.
>>
>>1119228
Okay, this is simply not true. People here do not hate tourists, sadly not many people can speak English. Minimum wage might be low, but we do not have that many homeless people compared to other European countries.
You can feel completely safe, pickpocketing is the most common crime and again it is happening rarely. Actually compared to any US city I feel way more safe to walk around 3 a.m. anywhere in Prague.
Most common scams are: you take a taxi, it takes you where you want and you instead of 300 CZK pay 1300 CZK. I.e. they increase prices for tourists. However you can easily evade that by using city public transit and you go to restaurants further away from the city centre.
>>
File: klementinum.jpg (527KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
klementinum.jpg
527KB, 1280x800px
>>1119228
I like tourists as long as they behave like human beings

>You could try visiting Klementinum library (pic), it is like 10 mins walk from Old Town square.
>Defo do some evening/night strolling through the city centre, I like Mala Strana more (less tourists, no gift shops).
>Buy a beer at Kozlovna ,again near Old Town square (Staroměstská station), probably my favourite beer in Prague
>if you feel like clubbing, DON'T go in Karlovy Lázně - it's shit; Lucerna, Chapeau Rouge, Hany Bany, Futurum (oldies) are much better

>>1119094
this guy is right, but art galleries take too much time; just see the Slav Epic (10am-6pm), it is a must (and a standalone ticket)
>also near the Veletržní Palác are many underground-ish bars where you can buy weed kinda easily
>Vyšehrad is too far away, I'd personally skip it and take the funicular (lanová dráha) from Újezd station to Petřín lookout tower instead,
>The other church worth visiting is St. Mikuláš na Malé Straně

just ask away, I'll check this thread tomorrow
>>
>>1119228
We didn't travel to the same city.
I have been in Prague twice, never something bad happened.
>>
OP here. I've been to Prague once but I was so fucking sick I couldn't be arsed to do anything :D

Well, some good advices here! Oh, and the most dangerous city I visited when I did the interrail thing was Paris. Actually got mugged by some bloke but the military training kicked in.
>>
File: 1463519891622.jpg (52KB, 686x629px) Image search: [Google]
1463519891622.jpg
52KB, 686x629px
DON'T use money exchange services. They WILL scam you and you will lose alot of cash. Just use regular ATM machines to get your money and get an currency comparison app if you want to know how much you're withdrawing. They accept Euros too, but you'll often pay more that way.
Ignore all touristy restaurants and bars in the city centre and explore. You can already find decent places within 30 minutes of walking.
Don't let yourself be lured into strip clubs unless you like to get beaten up. The only legit strip club I've been too was Hot Peppers so I can't talk for other establishments, but alot of them are very sketchy. So I can only recommend that one if you're into that sort of thing.
Go see the cathedral and castle, just wander around. Go to the Charles bridge.
You can buy your tickets for public transport at tabacco stores.
Also, DON'T exchange your money.
>>
>>1120068
He's probably already there and not reading this.
>>
>>1120068
There are only few of those scammers. Many others are serious with good rates, but those are usually outside the touristy areas. Go to bank or some more remote shopping malls to get a normal rate.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.