[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings. I'd like some advice about work and live abroad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: img_5871.jpg (3MB, 4000x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_5871.jpg
3MB, 4000x2448px
Greetings.

I'd like some advice about work and live abroad. /adv/ does not work, so I decided make thread here.

Finished highschool with Information technology course. Couldn't afford go to university since lack of money and family personal problems. Father died couple months ago. Besides Portuguese, I do speak spanish and english fluently. Know a little of Italian and German, still can't speak in a fluent way. I've no problem to work in other areas that's not related with computers.

I did some research about some countries that i'd like some advices to help me choose my destiny.

> Netherlands

Some friends told me that it was good 6 years ago. Most of job opportunities would not require you right away to know Dutch. The thing is that now things have turn other way. Still wouldn't be a problem for me to learn the language.

> Germany

I've friends in Dortmund and Berlin. They told me you can have a life in the country, still there's alot of racism towards foreign people because of Turks immigrants and terrorism from ISIS. I'd also be happy to learn German as a fluent language.

> Poland

I've couple people there. They can get a little more or less than in Portugal. I can get a job, almost right away, as a computer technician. Still, friends told me that polish people are leaving the country since country won't get any better soon.

> UK

This is option i've been thinking about more often. I've a friend there. I've been get alot of good info about country and job opportunities. Also way of living is very good.

Cheers.
>>
>>1114721

I did forget to mention, you can mention other countries that you think would be good and give me some advice about it.

cheers.
>>
Where you from?
Portugal?
>>
>>1114721
I'm sorry for your loss.
Good luck my friend
>>
>>1114764

Likewise.
>>
>>1114721
>Finished highschool with Information technology course.
I burst your bubble right here. In most of west europe you're as qualified as a functional illiterate refugee.
Taxi driver or fast food cashier material at best.
The problem is for those jobs we ave thousands of eastern europeans with 5+ years of experience and/or a PhD that are already fluent in the language lining up.

Your only chance: Minimum wage manual labour (assistant of the assistant of a learned landscaper or day jobs (picking strawberries/aspargus or other unskilled worker stuff.)

Do a apprenticeship, learn a trade than think about doing shit like that.
>>
I hope you guys can help me.
I'll be staying in Spain for a year on a non-working visa, the thing is I still plan on working for my clients in my home country as usual, since I just need a PC and access to the Internet to do my stuff.

Does this still count as "working" in Spain? Can doing this get me into trouble?
>>
>>1114782
First of all, thank you for you answer.

Second, I know I only have high school and It's nothing special since alot of good jobs require to have PhD's.

I don't think I will move abroad and get a dream job right away. Really don't hope or dream about the so called "American dream".

In my country you really get exploited even with PhD. I've friends who are Mechanical / Chemical engineers and the salary is really a joke for all time they study and money spent in master's degree,

Also know people, both in Germany and UK, that in period of two years really improved their life quality but also professional. From work at restaurant to assistant legal department at Barclays. Or the other that worked at hotel kitchen to kids teacher. Just because while they work, they also learn language of the country that are living in. Also, most of jobs help you to get professional qualification.

In my opinion, you just need to not be a shitty person and apply yourself to what you need to so you succeed. Since most of people see others, when they are foreigners, as little poor immigrants.

Cheers.
>>
>>1114816

I do think you need to get visa since some countries do require it if you want stay over X time. There's difference between traveler / living / working. Maybe you need to talk with embassy and they can help you. It all depends if you belong to EU or not.
>>
>>1114845
Bro we have one of the biggest Portuguese diaspora here in Switzerland and non of their "success" stories they tell their relatives aren't real unless they're 100% assimilated secondos born in switzerland.

The cake is a lie and the guys you know lie about everything they do. unless you're 100% fluent you won't even get a shift leader at a fast food joint position.Teach children? You won't even get near to it.
>>
>>1114853
Forgot to add:
They might earn 40k/year and brag about it, but that's rock bottom lower class.
reality check: even a neet citizen gets 50k/year and a shit tier call center agent will earn 55k+
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.