[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOING TO THE USA !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (50KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 851x315px
Hello 4chaners,

I'm going to visit the USA for the 1st time of my life, probably the west coast... What do you think ?

I'm wondering if the west coast is actually the best choice ?

What are the activities for a 28 yo guy in shape and open minded who likes having fun, sports and cultural shits as well.

Pretty scared because I'll be going alone and well I don't know If I'll be abble to meet and actually interract with people and make friends... Any advices? (I'm from Paris, I hope it's more friendly in the US :D)

For the tl;dr : Going to visit the US for the 1st time

Advices on places / activites / how to make buddies / where to stay / where tp go.

Thanks in advance :D
>>
>>1114128
East Coast? Go to NYC. West Coast? Go to San Francisco. Specific places, activities, etc. depend on what you like, so please be more specific.
>>
Really depends on your interest. The only time I would recommend a first timer to the west coast is if they're really interested in nature and outdoors stuff. If you're just looking to party and city hop, the east cost (specifically the Northeast) is your best option.
>>
>>1114352

I said west lol... But yeah I get your point. It's kinda hard to say tho cause I'm open to really a lot of thing from doing nothing at all on the beach to go hiking for several hours...

>>1114384

Well I wanna see a fair share of nature and outdoor stuff, but defenetly not only that... OK I guess I'll check about the north east and see what's up.

I was thinking about West mainly because of California. There should be a hell of a lot of things to do there right ?

Activities on the beach ? Hiking ? Places to visit ? Parties ? Placers where you can meet people

Yeah ? No?
>>
>>1114438
Don't listen to >>1114384
The northeast isn't all that great. the one advantage of the east coast is that cities are much closer to each other but as far as interesting things to do, beautiful nature, an just overall better culture, the west coast takes the cake. Definitely check out San Francisco, it's an awesome city and has a lot of great nature areas around it. Yosemite to the east, Big Sur to the South, and and the coast up to the north is spectacular. Seattle is also a pretty cool city worth checking out as well but it's a bit further north. Also if you're looking for beaches to chill on head to southern California. San Diego or Santa Barbara are both great for that. Avoid LA at all costs, it's a smoggy flat shit hole that has been hyped up to be a place of leisure and glamour but never lives up to the hype.
>>
>>1114438

The whole run from San Diego to LA is incredible. Always activities and parties, and as long as you have an open personality you can meet people easily. Within 15 minutes you can also be hiking.

Northeast US sucks. We are mean people over here.
>>
How long do you plan to stay, OP?
>>
>>1114128
Southern Cali, Southern Utah, Northern Arizona and Colorado are pretty cool. A lot of variety in landscape. Like a fucklot.

Don't stick to the coast unless you want to get stuck behind 7 asians in a dodge caravan hanging out of every window filming every nook and cranny of the fucking road.

If you wanna meet people start with using airbnb (look for ratings with at least 10 people rating) and go from there.

Solo travel shouldnt be a problem otherwise.

I live close to Paris and I'll have you know about every place on the planet has more nice people than Paris...

edit: Captcha had me picking pick-up trucks. Murica.

Pointers for west:
Bryce Canyon
Zion Canyon
Arches NP
Canyonlands
Mesa Verde
Joshua Tree
Mono Lake
Yosemite
Point Lobos
Valley of Fire
Saguaro NP
Big Sur

Google that shit and you will be sold, I guarantee it.
>>
File: 1454984747336-2.jpg (53KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1454984747336-2.jpg
53KB, 500x373px
>>1114451
>overall better culture
>west coast takes the cake
>>
>>1114451

Alright ! Man that's exactly the kind of informations I was looking for ! thanks ! I haven't made my travel plans yet but everything you advised will defenetly be a part of it

>>1114452

Yeah good to know I'll be able to meet people. Hopefully they will show me around as well

>>1114455

Probably 3 weeks in July

>>1114466

Okay about airbnb. I have been also advised to go to youth hostels because there is a high chance to find young solo travelers like me. You got an opinion/experience about that ?

ps: your list is copied I'll be sure to check this out
>>
>>1114128
I would highly recommended traveling to the PNW (Pacific Northwest) Vancouver BC-> Seattle Wa -> Portland Or great seafood, amazing mountains , clean air ,most of a focus on local food
>>
>>1114128
You're planning on renting a car, right? You know you'll need a car to see 2/3rds of the things people are talking about.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.