[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indonesia Anyone got any stories? Funny or scary experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (23KB, 272x341px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 272x341px
Indonesia
Anyone got any stories?
Funny or scary experiences?
Interesting travel destinations?
Work?
Food to try?
Etc.etc
>>
I was in Thailand for a while this year. Never went but had a lot of friends who spent a few weeks there or more. They said stuff about how i needed to visit the highlands there or something. There are some great remote areas for sure, otherwise its pretty safe in most areas
>>
File: IMG_20151013_104646134.jpg (642KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151013_104646134.jpg
642KB, 1944x2592px
>>1102032
I spent 1.5 days riding my bicycle over Mount Lawu (Between Madiun and Solo) on the way down I was going 65 kph which turned out to be too fast for a turn. I slowed down a lot before I crashed into a pile of rocks and flipped over the handlebars. I was a bit cut up and bruised, but OK. There were 4 kids across the street, that just laughed, offered no help, and were just annoying. A bit down the hill people seemed more concerned about why the white guy was covered in dirt and blood. But not those kids.

Pic of the pile of rocks I hit.
>>
>>1102032
I was travelling with some friends, back in our early 20's, and one of us gets shaken down for a bribe at the immigration counter for Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Somesuch horseshit made up about 'irregularities' in his passport that would go away for $20.

First time I'd ever seen that sort of thing. We ribbed him a bit about it for a while.
>>
I partied with the Russian mob in Bali (owners of Pyramid and MBarGo). Had meth heads in Bukit Lawang basically try to rob me.
>>
>>1102040
underrated post
>>1102076
fucking savage
lesson: kids are shitty evreywhere
>>1102194
Yeah, doesn't really happen anymore, other than with cops in Bali

OP Indo is based. What you want depends on where you go. Bali is Hindu, club scene, but also tonnes of chilled surfer backpacker joints. It's cliched but still pretty awesome. There's plenty of islands around that are more relaxed too.
Jakarta's a bit spastic, interesting enough from a cultural point of view, again crazy club scene (section 5 from memory) and the people are generally pretty nice
I really liked Sumatra generally speaking, Lake Toba (Tuk-Tuk, particularly) is a great place to relax. Plenty of weed about, too. Actually weed is basically everywhere in Sumatra. i asked a guy about that (in particular about Bandar Ache) and he says, we'll, they're all muslims, right? So they can't drink... Don't really recommend Bandar Ache, they're a bit spastic with the whole Sharia law thing.
Haven't been to Flores, but I really want to. It's catholic, large european influence.

Travel is cheap, and there is a lot of exploring to do in Indonesia
>>1102339
Bukit Lawang is cool but comparatively expensive. Jungle tour for $50USD... yeah, tha gubberment figured out they can charge mega for people to see orangutans and get away with it, so they did.
Didn't see any meth heads though
>>
>>1102370
My guides were actually methheads then I met the others because of them and they were also his dealer. It says a really fucked up situation. It involved a mute hooker, a group of tweaker and me going "how the fuck do I get out of this?". I'm to trusting of a person and it's backfired on me a few times.
>>
>>1102370
Oh and I definitely second Lake Toba. Easily Mt favourite place that I've visited in Asia. Water is beautiful, the people are incredibly friendly. In 7 days I ate a restaurant once, rest of the time I was eating with locals.

I'd suggest Lake Toba and the Gili Islands to anyone.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460518322774.jpg (30KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460518322774.jpg
30KB, 960x540px
Oh and this was the sunset at Lake Toba NY first night there. Not touched up or anything, was absolutely incredible. Then watched a great thunder and lightning storm over Parapat. Was an awesome night.
>>
File: hazy baby.jpg (48KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
hazy baby.jpg
48KB, 540x960px
>>1102409
hazy AF when I was there. Not a bad idea to research the best times to trip there, kinda disappointing to have awesome views obscured by pretty un-nice smoke

Also if you're spending a while in Indo, don't do Lake Toba right away. You'll appreciate the temperature so much more after a month in Java
>>
File: autismo.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>1102420
If you don't travel with an epic beard, you're doing it wrong
>>
I live here and it is very beautiful. Indonesia has 17000 (not a typo) islands. The flora and fauna is a mix of Asian and Australian which makes it very very unique geographically.
>>
>>1102420
>last week of my 6 week SEA trip, spending it in south Thailand
>indonesian haze fucking everything up
>tfw
>>
Going to Indonesia in about 8 weeks, landing in Jakarta, bringing cameras.

Best exotic/secluded places with most stunning scenery? I've made my own list of a few places.
>>
>>1102814
Nice right on man, i'm also travelling to Indonesia soon in about 40 days. I've never been but I'm planning on lake Toba, roaming around java and eventually Bali. Whats your list look like?
>>
>>1102408
Thirding Toba.

The largest island in a lake on an island, man.
>>
>>1102421
how do you know someone has a rather large beard?

they'll fucking brag about it

evry tim
>>
>>1102814
There's a restaurant outside Bali. It's inside a temple kind of thing with a man made pond outside. The best thing about it is the flowers growing in the pond, as the sun sets you can watch them follow it to the horizon.
>>
>>1102032
Was in Surabaya and decided to take the pedal taxi to a mosque. Made an agreement for 1000 ( this was a few years ago). The guy pedals for 2 minutes and asked for 10000. Last time we used those.

Went to Cilicap. Charted a boat to take us 30-40 km of a section where there was no road. We did the the day before, got all the prices written down on a piece of paper, the Capitan signed it. The next morning he tried to raise the price and I showed him the paper, and the price went back down.
>>
>>1102032
One more.
Took the ferry from Java to Sumatra. The first attempt to come into port we were a bit to far away from the dock. Then had to do a huge circle, which took about an hour. The second try, the same thing happened. We have to do another big circle that takes an hour. I fell asleep near the snackbar , and all of a sudden there is a big bloom, and everything in the snackbar slides from the counter to the floor. I run up to the deck to see what happened. The third try the Capitan wasn't going to miss the dock again, so he rammed it and fucked it up real good.

The most amazing thing though was ending up on the southern tip of this giant island, its one of the times in travel where it just felt fucking cool.
>>
Training it east from there. Pulau Matahari, Bandung, Dieng Plateau, Kelud, Surabaya, Bromo, Ijen, want to skip over Bali and go to Lombok, and Mt Rinjani, Moyo Island. Kanawa Island but maybe that's $$$. Kelimutu.

There's places in Kelimantan and Sumatra I want to go to too.
>>
>>1102868
That sounds awesome, got any more information about it so I can find it?
>>
>>1102421
dude you look like galifianakis
>>
Indonesian born and raised, mainly lived in Jakarta. AMA

Granted my travels within mu own country is fairly limited but i'll try to answer as best as i can
>>
>>1103174
Are girls more open and less picky etc there, or is it simply because I am a foreigner?
>>
>>1103184
If anything if you're foreign you'd be a hit with the local girls, but only those from a lower socioeconomic. Having a foreign dude sweep them off their feet and give them a life outside the village is basically a dream come true. Otherwise if you hang around more educated/middle higher class people they don't really give a shit where you're from.

There is a bit of a funny stigma of foreigners coming in to the country to snatch a wife. Its pretty hillarious from my point of view. My english teacher was like that and we didn't see him in a favourable light, more of a desperate sap
>>
>>1103231
I mean girls in Jakarta, they seem a lot more interested in me than what seems normal.
>>
Tripped on shrooms on the main street in Legian where there's a bunch of pickpockets and shit. Sat on the curb near the monument with a friend who was tripping way bigger balls than me, and made friends with pickpockets and cab drivers. It was fucking awesome.
>>
>>1103184

Indonesian girls are largely unattractive. I think it's the country with the most ugly women I've ever traveled to, apart from perhaps Egypt.
>>
>>1103250
Assuming you're caucasian, yeah you'd be considered exotic and therefore desirable. Same reason mixed Indonesians land TV roles/ drama/movie/modeling works. They may or may not describe you as "bule" which really just translates to any caucasian (white) person
>>
>>1103231
Feels bad because travelling to your country soon to do exactly that, snatch up a girl that i met online.
>>
>>1103266
Well as long as you know what you're getting yourself into go for it. I kinda understand why people do it i guess, besides people can and should make their own life decisions. All i do is watch from the sidelines
>>
>>1103269
Yeah i pretty much understand what i'm getting into. I'm also mostly involving the girl just to have a translator and someone who knows the land and can show me the best places to see.
>>
>>1103128
>surabaya

Unless you're really into the tobacco industry and its history, avoid it.
It's just a big commercial and dirty town.

>>1103250
are you white? because if you are, it's easy tier
>>
>>1103437
I'm visiting a friend that's working there, with one friend coming with from Jakarta.
>>
By all means visit RI.

Fabulous country. Been to Indonesia +10 times, and every trip is different.

Travel to the East(Timor). Few, westerners will travel in the Eastern Islands. And, do stop in Timor Leste and Timor Barat.

One can travel to various islands by surface transport, also try the bis malam(very interesting).

Jawa is a world of its own. Frankly, I enjoyed Surabaya for various reasons. Do NOT enjoy Jakarta. Food is great.

Regarding the polisi in Bali. Well, I have a very long story which I may publish some day. But, they 'on whole' treated me well, though I did do some 'undercover' work with/and through them. In retrospect, I enjoyed. Don't mess with dope or hang with druggies and gangsters in Indonesia. Big Problem.
Selamat Datang
>>
Are there any must goes in Jakarta? Headed there and have read a bit, but like to hear from people. Nightlife, and food must hits mostly.
>>
Bule guy here,
Been in indo since 2013
Currently living near Jogyakarta
Ama
>>
>>1104354
where the hoes at? cheap, good quality?
>>
>>1104354
I've read of a restaurant in Jogja where women go and pick out a guy there to take home and fuck, have you heard of this?

Also, I might go there on/about May 10, how will the weather be?
>>
>>1103530
Love to hear the story bule gila
>>
>>1104386
I don't know about this restaurant.
Sorry dude. Im happily married.
Ask any taxi driver.
The weather will be hot......
>>
>>1102032

is full of shit
>>
>>1105736
Why?
>>
I've never seen a worse, dirty, chaotic, stinking and disgusting place than Jakarta. So that's for you.

Yogjakarta, on the other hand, was paradise for me. Really relaxing, calm atmosphere. Parangritis Beach was pretty nice. The temples outside of Yogjakarta are pretty nice too. Shit is cheap.
>>
from the outside jakarta is a fucking disater

but if you lived here ur whole life and in high school its like a nightmare irl
>>
almost everyone in indonesia has a story
>>
Anyone know or know of someone learning indonesian/malay? Was planning on going to SEA sometime and wondered if the benefits are worth the time.
>>
stayed 4 months in indonesia. travelled on many, many placed.
i learned to speak bahasa to a little bit, and it feels as home.
from al the 8 countries in SE asia where i've been...i never met such friendly people than indonesia. Banda Aceh was my favourite place ( some will see it as a city with sharia law) i enjoyed it so much with many locals...
i love indonesia...even jakarta, i made so much fun everywhere...
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.