[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /trv/s opinion of jamacia? Is it safe to visit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

Whats /trv/s opinion of jamacia? Is it safe to visit
>>
>>1095516
She makes me get up stand up if you know what I mean

But on a serious note, a coworker of mine visited there. She is a 19 year old small blonde girl, and she didn't have any problems.
>>
>>1095517
>She makes me get up stand up if you know what I mean
I honestly don't.

>Whats /trv/s opinion of jamacia? Is it safe to visit
The Blue Mountains are lovely. It is if you stay on the resorts, which have consumed most the island you want to seeanyway.
>>
>>1095520
She makes my buffalo soldier yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo if you catch my drift
>>
>>1095517
I dont want to spend the whole time in a richfag resort though i want to see the countrys culture and whatnot
>>
>>1095523
Are you black? Can you at least try to blend in?
>>
>>1095527
>are you black
no im an american serb. would that hurt my chances with meeting a local qt 3.14?
>>
>>1095516
Damn, she's Jamaican me crazy.
>>
>>1095516
Bumpin
>>
This thread is shit
>>
>>1095523
be prepared to get robbed and carjacked. Country has completely gone down the drain since the 1980s..

My now ex wife was jamaican.

Some areas are more dangerous than Baghdad in Iraq.

The reason is that it´s a major traffic hub for cocaine. It gets smuggled from Colombia and Peru to Jamaica and from Jamaica further to the US and Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCbuabchS4
>>
>>1095516
Despite the reputation (which I believe is carefully cultivated by the resorts to make sure you and your money don't wander off the property) Jamaica is pretty fucking safe. Stay away from the two or three areas where you have no business wandering (same as you would in any country) and you'll be fine. Folks are generally friendly and there are some beautiful places to see.
>>
>>1095520
She makes my egg-beater whirl if you know what I mean
>>
>>1095520
>>1095522
>>1095517

They are references to Bob Marley songs. What did I win? Her?
>>
File: obama.jpg (151KB, 764x1023px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
151KB, 764x1023px
>>1096208
2 of my friends got robbed at gunpoint there. both on different dates and different time
>>
>>1096437
Ive been robbed at gunpoint here in america. Doesnt mean its a dangerous country
>>
>>1096468
>implying america is not a dangerous country
>>
File: 1458964948870.jpg (416KB, 1800x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1458964948870.jpg
416KB, 1800x1274px
>>1096468
yes it does indeed.
>>
>>1096437
Best investigative reporting on the planet
>>
>>1096437
OK.

Yes, like everywhere else in the world, you can get into trouble -- as I said, particularly if you don't pay any attention and wander off to someplace you ought to be smart enough to avoid.

If you are trying to say that two people getting robbed proves a place unsafe, that is as silly as if I said that the fact that the 12 people who were in the family group that went to Jamaica with me did not get robbed proves there is no crime there at all.
>>
>>1096930
>>1096493
So, then, at worst it is no more unsafe for an American to visit Jamaica than it would be to stay home?
>>
>>1095530
definitely not. I wouldn't be surprised if some were more into it desu senpai
>>
>>1096937
If you live in somewhere like atlanta or the DC area, yes.
>>
>>1096936
they probably didn´t leave the resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcEW1Stye4
>>
>>1098202
Your guess is incorrect.
>>
>>1096937
>So, then, at worst it is no more unsafe for an American to visit Jamaica than it would be to stay home?
this is a brain without a developed frontal lobe comparing nonsensical statistics
Anyone who was asking the question about safety in the first place was comparing and contrasting different vacation locations, not the desire to simply stay home. Idiot.
>>
>>1098263
>reading comprehension
>>
>>1096208
this. everyone who i know that says "ooh, jamaica's so dangerous, we never even left the resort/port" believed that because the resort/cruise told them that. resort perpetuates this belief because keeping people trapped=keeping their $

my tiny blond wife and i went there a few years ago, and took public transportation all over the island, never had a problem. and the bus to kingston literally (literally literally, not figuratively literally) dropped us off in a burnt-out building in trenchtown.

our worst experiences were nearest the tourists areas where the economy's based on hustling. when we got to the south everyone has their own deal, so they didn't give us a second look.

also, almost all of jamaica's crazy number of murders are because of gang blood feuds so as white people you'll stand out pretty clearly as *not* jamaican gangsters.
>>
I was there on a cruise and they told us that people had been kidnapped before and to stay in the tourist area. I went a decent distance past the tourist area and didn't have any problems. A lot of people came up to me asking for money though.
>>
File: image.jpg (431KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431KB, 1080x1920px
>>1095516
Just got back from Kingston last month. Looks shady at night but most people are friendly and or looking for a few bucks to get by if you leave the resort areas. The roads are fucking horrible. Dogs, goats, people in the streets. Oh and $1 usd = 122 JMD
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1095520
They're lovely but lack of guard rails about, so mind the small shared roads!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1095516
It's really pretty there
>>
>>1096031
>be prepared to get robbed and carjacked.
Planning on visiting inner city slums, are we? Most crime is gang-related. Don't be in a gang in a gang area and you'll likely be OK.

Granted, it *can* happen anywhere. Crime against tourists in Jamaica is mostly opportunistic though... leave your shit in a car with the window open and it WILL be stolen, perhaps the car too. Not so shocking really. Muggings and shit can happen, but it's less common than in latin america. Going to buy an entire sandwich-size ziploc of backyard bud from some sketchy rasta in an alleyway? Say goodbye to your wallet. Don't get drunk and pick fights with locals. Jamaican weed is actually not that strong generally speaking, but still... don't get stoned out of your gourd and wander where you don't know the scene.

And yes, it's easy to sleep with women. They are flirty and like to joke about sex without necessarily being too serious. Make sure you can handle them!
>>
>>1098453
That's so you stay in the resort area and spend your money there
>>
Lived in Jamaica for 9 years when i was younger. am english and white. have been back 4 or 5 times since moving to UK when i was 12. its perfectly safe if you arent an idiot, just like everywhere else in the world. crime stats are so high cause gangs are murdering each other.

tourist areas round montego bay are ok, but resorts are so boring. try and find beach bars, beach hotel places run by jamaicans. often they dont have the best real estate but are so much more chill. if you have money for resort, pay extra for a good one at least not one full of american kids with braided hair and plastic shoes running around the pool while you eat. roundhouse is a good one.

Go in the summer and try to get to festival, will be packed and dancehall blasting out. reggae sumfest is really good fun. smoke weed with everyone and get wasted.

Kingston is pretty good too, has some nice bars. plenty of girls, tinder is hilarious in jamaica and many girls love white guys.
>>
File: 1459991464339.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459991464339.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>tfw want to go to jamacia but im too much of a coward
>>
>>1100301
>tinder in jamacia
The have smartphones in the 3rd world?
>>
>>1100476
Smartphones is exclusively how most people access the internet in the 3rd world. Have you not see how all the SEAsia threads always mention Tinder, LINE, and other such social media things, in regards to hooking up with locals? Smartphones and internet cafes.
>>
>>1100479
Thats a good way to get murdered senpai
>>
>>1100301
>tinder is hilarious in jamaica and many girls love white guys.
Fuck that shit. Black woman are nasty. Nastier than them are the hippy dreaded white girls who don't shower. Probably has hairy pussy that stinks of BO. No thanks.
>>
>>1100416
Why? What kind of coward? Socially awkward? Once you drink or smoke and loosen up everything else just fits in place.
>>
>>1100480
What is a good way to get murdered where?
>>
Going to negril in 10 days. Drink faggy rum drinks and work on my tan.
>>
>>1099401
How does $1 US translate into Jamaican currency? Like, was that beer $5 Jam or $225 Jam?
How far does the dollar go I guess is what I'm asking
>>
File: 1460123859769.jpg (328KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1460123859769.jpg
328KB, 1280x1280px
>>1100538
Why else would you want to go to jamacia? lol
>>
>>1100556
The beach, people, music and weed. Not everyone is depraved of sex.
>>
>>1100571
Im Not depraved i just love beautiful women with god tier accents
>>
>>1098202
but that video is a white dude filming and no one's even giving him a second look
>>
>>1100539
>Once you drink or smoke and loosen up everything else just fits in place.
>once you drink or smoke
Oh, boy. Another one of THOSE. If you can't have a good time without booze or dope, you're not having a good time.
>>
>>1101583
read the post he was replying to
>>
>>1101583
Oh boy, another one of THOSE my way is the only way faggots. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1101583
Read the post I was replying to.
>If you can't have a good time without booze or dope, you're not having a good time.
That makes no fucking sense. I know what you're trying to get at. But it doesn't mean if your having fun with booze and dope that you're not having fun. How the fuck can you tell someone that they're not having a good time when they themselves will tell you that they are having a good time.
>>
tfw no qt jamacian
>>
>>1101583
>>
>>1101583
I agree with you but 4chan is full of children, so prepare to face the hordes.

Oh, and another thing: I'm 420 friendly, BLAZE dat shiiiet
>>
White women travel to Jamaica all the time fro BBC
>>
>>1095516
She makes me jack it in the name of the lard
>>
File: 1380938843060.png (154KB, 364x336px) Image search: [Google]
1380938843060.png
154KB, 364x336px
>Tfw your dad's jamaican but you a bisexual batty boy and have no intention of hitting up a country where 99% of the population would despise you if they knew the truth

It's a shame, would love to go if it was less homophobic
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.