[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stand by flights - experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 180520428.jpg (13KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
180520428.jpg
13KB, 300x200px
hey /trv/, my gf starts to work for an airline in june (lufthansa) and i already saw the discounts we will get on stand by flights (she is in the training already and has an account). the prices look very nice but im wondering how it will be in practice. is the waiting time for a flight acceptable or is it not worth it to safe money on the flights? anybody has experience?
>>
I fly standby all the time. The key is you need to know if that flight is popular or not. Friday night flight to vegas? Not a chance . midweek , mid day , sure .
>>
>>1093355
thank you for sharing your experience. how do i find out which flights are popular? vegas on friday night is an easy example. also im wondering when my place on board is safe? could it be that someone buys the full price ticket half an hour before departure and im out again?
>>
flew standby from Chicago to England in 2013.
It was super easy, but we got a bit worried when our plane was 'full' a few minutes before we boarded.
Saved us a fuck ton of cash though.
>>
>>1093379
thx, yeah the savings are real high, which would make it possible for me to fly far. do you know how many ours/minutes before departure your place is "safe"? couldnt be a few minutes because my bagagge would be in the plane already, i guess.
>>
>>1093277
I've flown ID75s a bit, had a job as a programmer working on travel software, the company was owned by a big travel agency. The second leg of an international flight was overbooked so I got bumped and stranded in Fiji for two days. Ended up having to cross-endorse to an allied airline to get on a plane. Arrived two days late for a convention, just in time for the closing ceremony and after party.

The flight home again had the same problem but the economy section filled up with passengers and the only seat left was in business so I got a free upgrade (amazing breakfast, spinach filled omelette, one of the best omelettes I've ever had), maybe because the check-in chick was the same one that had to bump me the first time. She might have felt sorry for me.

>>1093369
>also im wondering when my place on board is safe? could it be that someone buys the full price ticket half an hour before departure and im out again?
If there's any kind of a problem then you're the first to get bumped. I think it goes in order of discount, the ID100s get bumped first, then the ID90s etc.

If you have a boarding pass though, then you're probably safe. Maybe not 100% safe but I think it would usually be alright.
>>
>>1093406
>couldnt be a few minutes because my bagagge would be in the plane already, i guess.
Probably once you're checked in with a boarding pass, you're safe.
>>
>>1093408
sounds a bit like lottery.. but if you are not flying to a special event, like the convention you mentioned, it actually could be fun to see where the journey leads you. unless you spent the whole time at the airport trying to catch flights. but i guess you just came back 2 days later when the next scheduled flight was and had a nice time in fiji?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.