[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is upgrading to first class worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
Is upgrading to first class worth it?
>>
>>1092762
If you can get a cheap upgrade for a long distance flight it's worth it. Else Business is good enough.
>>
Not unless your work is paying or you have a serious disability that prevents you from flying econ.
>>
>>1092762
If you don't have to pay for it, no question. If you have to pay for it, only if you are rich enough to never have to care about money. I think it's lovely, without question much better than economy. But I think it's overpriced, and I can survive anything for 24 hours or less of transit time.

Apart from the food and from crazy suite-class services, I think business is good enough for me when I want a bit more comfort. And I've even paid for it a few times. But there too, I prefer it on someone else's dime.
>>
>>1092769
This. It depends on the cost. I flew Chicago to the Caribbean and somehow first class was only like $150 more pp round trip. You bet your ass i got it.

Most times it's way more. Just check when you book and make the judgment call yourself.
>>
>>1092762
Holy fuck that woman. Name? More? I'll book their airline.
>>
only idiots who want the privilege of saying they are flying first class are the people who buy into that bullshit
you are paying hundreds of dollars just for a bigger chair, lol, and you get a microwave dinner congrats
>>
>>1093146
Someone's never flown long-haul business class I see.
>>
>dat lounge access
>dat free booze
>dat feel of passing the envious panhandlers waiting to board their shit tier coach seats.
fly business once on a long flight and tell me you can go back to econ. bonus points if you do it on a non-shit carrier that isn't one of the big american ones.
>>
>>1092769
American here, business class is rarely a thing except to Europe or overseas. It's usually first class or premium econ
>>
Going to glorious nippon in a year or two and I'm 99% sure I'd lose my mind if I had to spend 15 hours non stop in sardine class so I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade.
>>
>>1092762
The whole premise of this photo already screams "staged" but I'm curious if theres actually an airline that has such deep-cut cleavage in their hostesses uniforms.

Seems like it would offend the pruder of flyers.
>>
>>1093199
I'm 6"3, I don't know how the really tall guys do economy. Sleeping tablets are my only friend
>>
Maybe because I'm short, but economy is fine for me, and I mostly fly KLM international. Food is fine and free drinks. Domestic is Delta, but flights are too short to care. Maybe I am just easy to please
>>
>>1093894
I just suffer through it. After like 20 hours or so i normally start thinking about suicide and get up to hang around the toilet every 30 minutes. I had a 32 hours travel recently and it was awful
>>
>>1093965
Oh man, I know how you feel. I was in the Philippines last year.

16 hour bus journey down to Manila and a fifteen hour flight. Suicide was definitely on my mind. 48 hours from waking up to going to sleep.
>>
>>1093224
>Going to glorious nippon in a year or two and I'm 99% sure I'd lose my mind if I had to spend 15 hours non stop in sardine class so I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade.
If you can get a good deal, go for it, but recognize that first class on trans-Pacific flights is quite steep where it is offered--the cheapest first class tickets to Tokyo from my home airport (SFO, one of the better jumping off points for Asia in the Americas) start at around $5000 more than economy tickets, and don't stop going up.
>>
>>1094085
>(SFO, one of the better jumping off points for Asia in the Americas) start at around $5000 more than economy tickets, and don't stop going up.
What, really?
I looked a week or two ago and it was less than 4k syrupdollars for everything all the way from Montreal and stayed more or less consistent throughout the dates.

Then again at this time I'll be a welder and aside from road trips I travel only once every couple years so I don't really mind splurging for once.
>>
>>1094093
That's a very good deal for first; the cheapest biz-class tickets from here start around 3.5K burgerdollars (not sure what the burger-to-syrup exchange is nowadays). Cheapest first class tickets I could find came in at 6k+, where cattle class can be had for under $1000 with a bit of luck. May also just be that my airport is overpriced, even if it has a lot of options for Asia.
>>
>>1093883
I'm guessing from the cannabis plant that this photograph was not taken during the disembarking of an in-use commercial aircraft.
>>
>>1092762
Yes I am 6 foot 4 inches. I gladly pay first/ business when my flights are longer than 6 hours
>>
>>1092762
>Is upgrading to first class worth it?
Transcontinental/transatlantic/transpacific, yea it's a huge difference in comfort and meal service. How much is it worth it? That is relative to your upgrade fee, your income, and what being comfortable means to your enjoyment of the beginning of your trip or your first day or two back home, and what you need to do those days. It may depend on your age, health and refraction time. Does your back or neck care if you abuse them? DVT much? Do people annoy the shit out of you and you wish you hung out with civil people?
It may also depend on the carrier if they have deluxe First on all planes or all routes. Might be like 80s style, or might be Virgin's best.
Is your flight 1100, and it's only $150 more? Is your daily vacation hotel rate $350/pp, or $50....you think about these things relatively like that. Will that $150 buy you immense dining choices, or not even a day of extra fun?
>>
>>1094596
>Yes I am 6 foot 4 inches. I gladly pay first/ business when my flights are longer than 6 hours
My cutoff point is 4hours.
>>
>>1093883
>"staged" but I'm curious if theres actually an airline that has such deep-cut cleavage in their hostesses uniforms

Singapore Air had pretty deep-cut uniforms when I flew on them. I was flying business long-haul and they might have actually had different uniforms in business class to economy. They had dedicated stewardesses for our section and they were constantly leaning over us to serve drinks etc. One of those little perks I guess. I saw a lot of cleavage on that flight. Not quite OP's pic but not too far off.
>>
>>1093894
>>1093965
>>1094053

You can normally pay a little extra for an exit row seat and it is totally worth it.
>>
Yes it is. Hi /trv/, waiting for my plane to take off.
>>
>>1094726
The fuck is with that seat? That doesn't look comfortable at all.
>>
>>1094784
That's not a seat, that's the end of your bed chair.
Usual swiss first class thing.
>>
>>1094784
Like the other anon said, that's just the legrest.
>>
>>1094663
Depends on the plane. Just got off a flight where I'd paid a few bucks extra for that seat. And the legroom was great, but the seats were much narrower than others on the plane and the armrests did not go up because they contained the seat tray.

I'm using Seat Guru more religiously from now on...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459006746392.jpg (29KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459006746392.jpg
29KB, 620x349px
>>1093883
>>1094657
There is a bikini airline in Vietnam
>>
>>1094657
I've flown Singapore in business a few times and their uniforms have always been conservative. No cleavage. When did you fly with them?
>>
Business in latin-america sucks, it is just a bigger seat and the same food.
>>
>>1095128
>There is a bikini airline in Vietnam
That's Nok Air, a Thai discount airline. The beak painted on the fuselage is a dead giveaway (nok means bird). And I'm sad to have to tell you that they don't actually dress like that on board... they wore little yellow dresses the one time I flew them. They use a lot of women in bikinis in their ads, though.
>>
>>1092762
it looks/feels the same as business with fancier lighting and more booze
>>
>>1092762

If it's a long distance flight and you can get it for less or free, sure.

I'd be glad to pay $500 or so but that's about it. The airlines I use has pretty decent legroom and overall space. 13 hour flights usually.

>>1093146

>I never traveled outside my hometown
>>
>>1094053
>>1093965

Fuck. It's insane. I hate long flights too.

Korean Air has decent leg room though. Great service and staff.

>>1093224

Good luck Senpai. I sometimes get lucky with my trips to Asia during off peak season and have empty seats for the red eye flights.

Glorious trip to Korea when the three seater lane I was in was a no show and I had three seats to myself.
>>
>>1095229
I am glad somebody from /ck/ could stop by and tell us /trv/lers that airline food is bad.
>>
>>1095118
>the seats were much narrower than others on the plane and the armrests did not go up because they contained the seat tray.
>I'm using Seat Guru more religiously from now on...

Seat Guru saved me from this. I was about 2 clicks away from making that mistake.
>>
>>1092762
Way over priced, just go business class. Getting lucky may result in a free upgrade which is great. I got a free upgrade flying from Moscow to Dubai a year ago. First class flight attendant was a gorgeous Russian brunette with ice blue eyes. She flirted with me the whole flight, asked if I wanted to get drinks with her that night, ended up fucking her brains out and it was incredible. She thought I was rich and when she saw my normal rental car the next day she glared at me, turned and left without saying a word. Russian women are some of the biggest gold diggers out there, but I came out on top that time.
>>
>>1092762

Depends on the airline and how long the flight is.

If I'm going to be on a long flight, I'll happily pay more for more leg room.
>>
>>1095229
>Those salmon pieces were frozen
No shit, it's raw.
Do you eat raw salmon that hasn't been snap frozen?
Enjoy your parasites.

All sushi is made from frozen salmon, it's the only way that 1st world governments will let them serve raw fish.
>>
>>1095229
You must also frequent /ck/ and tell everyone how their dinner sucks. I bet you are telling everyone how that 3 michelin dinner is overprices and comes from a microwave, while your canned beans are a masterpiece.

Or perhaps you are just bitter you cannot afford to have a meal at a 3 star restaurant, let alone fly first class?
>>
File: tumblr_mc0mjh7fJz1rb86ldo1_400.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc0mjh7fJz1rb86ldo1_400.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>>1092762
if you are rich, why not?
if you are rich, you can do anything you want
>>
>>1095284

>things that never happened
>>
>>1095381
>100 km radium
wow so sick

hardly impressive really
>>
>>1095412
It is impressive if you live in Paris.
>>
If you can comfortably afford it, it's worth it for long haul flights. Usually pretty easy to blag an upgrade in return for waiting 4 extra hours for overbooked flights.

It's more pleasant and chances are you'll disembark far less tired and stressed.

That said, low level upgrades can be rip offs. I once upgraded from Economy to premium for Air 2000 (now TUI) , one of the big things was big legroom.

Got to the seats, we were in front of a wall. Technically there was much more legroom but as you had a wall in front of you and not a seat you could put your feet under, there was no benefit.

People across the aisle from us were especially pissed off.

Got upgraded to business class as Virgin about 20 years ago and that was great. Bet the people who'd paid thousands loved having kids next to them on a transatlantic flight...
>>
I'd rather just spend the money I save by flying coach the minute I arrive. PLus interesting shit happens in coach, it's always a laugh. I don't travel for the fucking plane trip hahaha

>some people in this thread clearly do
>>
>>1095560
>>some people in this thread clearly do
these are the ones who fly to Europe for shopping
>>
If you eat 4 grams of shrooms before your flight it doesn't matter where you're sitting desu
>>
File: japanese guy eyebrows.gif (3MB, 636x355px) Image search: [Google]
japanese guy eyebrows.gif
3MB, 636x355px
>>1092762
>tfw you buy economy but get moved up to first
>>
>>1092762

If I were to spend 20k$ on a 2-week trip, hell yea but there is no point cutting on your other expenses such as accomodation or dining or partying etc and paying for 1st class.

It's like, "Is it worth buying a ferrari?"

Do you have the money?
>>
It's a great feeling, makes long travels a lot better... it's really the only society accepted way of looking down at people poorer than you (even if it's an illusion, since even rich people prefer to not waste money) but even though it sounds fun... I've always regretted it when I actually got my destination and felt that I could be using these extra $500-1000...

Now I just mix prescription drugs with booze and knock the fuck out on long flights.
>>
>>1095564
What's wrong with that?
>>
I used to try to just get drunk and pass out when traveling >8 hours in econ. But between the snotty children crying, some flight attendants being stingy with the booze, and the general insufferable nature of first-time travelers there's too much variability in how much the flight will suck.

Now I just spring the extra dollars for business. Arriving rested after a good sleep, not hungover as shit, and not looking/smelling like a hobo makes the first day pretty much absent of jetlag.
>>
>>1096995
>2011
>paying for booze on the plane

Protip: just fill up a bunch of little 100ml/3.4 oz bottles with the sauce and place it in a quart sized baggie one per carryon bag and then pour it back into a bigger bottle after security...
>>
>>1097003
The cheaper booze tends to be free on some airlines even in econ on cross-ocean flights. Delta even has free spirits if I remember right. The trouble comes from getting them to actually give it to you.

also
>thinking I could get adequately drunk off like 300ml of booze

I genuinely need some of the little bottles for other travel shit.
>>
File: vietjet[1].jpg (70KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
vietjet[1].jpg
70KB, 600x428px
>>1095180
There is a Vietnamese bikini airline, though.
>>
>>1093205
>free booze

Apart from budget airlines, I've always gotten free booze in coach.

Althought I'm not Clapistani and I've heard that domestic flights intra-USA don't offer complimentary alcohol to economy class passengers.
>>
>>1097008
They don't. Domestic burger flights don't even give you a free bag of peanuts anymore if the flight is less than 4 hours or something. For international the type of free booze in econ ranges depending on carrier like >>1097004 mentions.
>>
>>1097004
>>1097003
>unfree booze

Is this some sort of burgerclap thing? I've never had any trouble getting passed-out drunk in economy class international flights.
>>
>>1097009
Fuck, that's fucking heinous.

I did an 8-hour budget flight once with no booze and no inflight entertainment and I wanted to fucking murder everyone around me.
>>
>>1092762
FYI for the alcoholics in this thread, those little nip bottles meet TSA carry on rules for liquids and will allow you to take in a ziplock bag. Whether free or not I like to make my own run n coke
>>
>>1097009
>>1097011
>>1097012
I know it has to do with 'that's what they used to do' but honestly the inflight shit isn't free, I'm just thinking "man, my ticket could've been $30 if I didn't have this stupid bullshit". I bring a Chinese handheld emulator thing and play DKC2 and eat my own sandwich and chips which is 1000x better than the crappy microwave dinners they give you on board.
>>
>>1097014
*my ticket could've been $30 less
>>
>>1097013
They also don't count the ziplock bags you do bring. I've taken like 5 and they don't give a shit.
>>
>>1097011
Many international flights even on American carriers still offer free booze, but some don't, and I expect that is the trend.

I had a red-eye flight from SFO to LHR recently on United and those bastards had the gall to charge for cocktails! Thankfully, the flight itself was free (used miles), but I was shocked and startled, especially since I used to use United to Asia too often (SFO, my home airport, is a United hub, and I was doing some work for US government contracts, so I was required to fly US flag-carriers whenever possible) and they were never so skint. Perhaps it's only free on flights over 12hrs or something...
>>
>>1097014
And on the other hand the budget airlines try to prohibit passenger-carried food and drink so they can sell you $6 cup noodles.

I know it isn't free, but most of the time I fly my employer is picking up the tab, so I feel obliged to abuse the shit out of it.
>>
>>1097021
>that is the trend
To be frank, I'm looking forward to just being sedated, Fifth Element style, and dispensing with all the creature comforts that, in effect, are this sort of weird hangover from the jet-set age.

Not that this'd make tickets any cheaper, of course.
>>
>>1097014
But we're also in a time where larger airlines are making record profits year over year. Maybe, just maybe, the $400 ticket for a 3 hour flight + $50 in baggage fees could get them to toss me a bag of peanuts and a shitty beer. But then the CEO wouldn't get another summer home this year :(

>>1097016
I've never thought of this. I've always been too piss scared to take more than the one.
>>
>>1097026
>I've always been too piss scared to take more than the one.

Scared of TSA? What are they going to do, give you a frowny face or roll their eyes at you?
>>
>>1097029
Well they can delay you from your flight and there is no financial compensation for missing a flight because the TSA delayed you
>>
>>1097029
I just don't want the inconvenience of having to give up my additional bags' contents to shaniqua or whatever particularly unskilled ape happens to be working the gate that day.
>>
>>1097039
They don't, just do a couple of test runs next time you fly and have a couple of dummy bags filled with little bottles of water or something.

You could always get Officer Hardass I guess, but I've never encountered one.
>>
>>1097040
I'm going to. Thank you for the inspiration, anon.
>>
>>1097024
>I'm looking forward to just being sedated, Fifth Element style, and dispensing with all the creature comforts that, in effect, are this sort of weird hangover from the jet-set age.
>Not that this'd make tickets any cheaper, of course.
You'll be paying a $75 sedation fee, or $150 for Sedation Plus, which comes with earplugs.
>>
>>1097045
Sedation Plus is totally great though. The early boarding and 1 free carry on make it worth the extra cost for me.
>>
>>1095572
you win the worst idea of the day award
enjoy spending the flight alternating between paranoia, boredom, and debilitating nausea.
>>
>>1097064
Yeah, smack is probably best.
>>
>>1097064
>>1097073
I get by with diphenhydramine and alcohol, personally, when I dose at all. I also consumed ganja a few times, once upon a time, but weed makes me paranoid and physically uncomfortable now, so it's a bad in combination with airports for me. (Actually it's bad everywhere, but even less fun than the average in flight.)
>>
>>1092762
There are actually relatively few full revenue passengers flying first class. This is obviously for real first class on intercontinental flights, not domestic us first class.

I'd say it's worth it for the experience at least once, but the trick is to find award flights which typically come in three categories : saver, standard and full.
Each of them have their own restrictions in relation to changing of dates and adding stopovers for example.

Ideally, you'd book a revenue J class seat, then use miles to upgrade to a first saver award.

However there are many J cabins now where the hard product is exceptionally good, which sort of negates first class on a lot of flights. As long as I can lie flat then I am happy.
>>
>>1095229
/ck/ is just nerds talking about what takeaway pizza is best
>>
>>1095229
>announcing you are from /ck/

Arguably the worst board on 4chan, they literally just talk about pizza, soda and mcdonald's all day
>>
>>1092762
Depends on the plane or airways, The best experience for first class you could get is Qatar Airway, Fly Emirates and Etihad. also for long distance trips
>>
>>1097008
It's funny, flying Miami to Seattle for example is a long flight but since it's domestic they apparently think it's ok not to serve food or have any kind of IFE.
>>
I was watching a TV show about private jets and a shadowed interviewee told me that "Rich people are frugal when they can be. A rich person will buy a private plane for the convenience, even if it shaves a few minutes off of his total journey time. A rich person will never, ever, fly anything except economy because they see going first class as a waste of money."
>>
How increase my chances to be moved to a better class for free while on board? I know my brother managed to do this
>>
File: IMG_20150526_054900~01.jpg (187KB, 947x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150526_054900~01.jpg
187KB, 947x1280px
>>1095283
Seat Guru will save your sanity. Managed to nab a bulkhead seat once and got the best legroom I had ever experienced on a flight in my life
>>
>>1093947
KLM has good legroom and seats but it has a limit. I'm 6'1'' and that works a lot for me. A friend of mine is 6'2'' en he just cant stretch his legs.
>>
>>1093894
you're six inches? you could sleep in the carry-on room
>>
>>1097012
Read a book nigger.
No matter how shit the seating, neighbours, or flight duration, with a good book time just flies.
Use an e-reader for convenience.
>>
>>1093894
I'm 196 cm so 6'5" and have been on 18 hour flights.

What I do is I get up a lot. Go to the washroom. Shit etc. Chill at the back standing with the flight attendants. They understand as I'm borderline a giant.
>>
>>1099279
Would like to know this too. I know one of my friends got upgraded to first class twice because he went on his birthday and nicely asked what booze was recommended to celebrate with.
Thinking of doing the same when I go on my big trip to Asia this summer, I leave the day after I graduate from college and am planning on wearing my graduation hat at the airport in hopes of maybe getting upgraded. (The hats from my country are fashionable and look nice enough to be worn in every day life so I'm hoping it could work.)
>>
>>1099279
Be a frequent flyer with high status. I have the highest status on the airline I fly the most with, so if economy is full, I'm the first to get bumped to a higher class.

If not, you can always try to ask nicely.
>>
someone post comfiest plane seats
>>
>>1099379
Worked a ticket counter for three years, we don't give a shit about graduation or birthdays, I am trying to shift seats to pack100% easier to sell an economy seat last second than trying to convince someone to buy 1st or business. Rather would upgrade a random passager and fill economy seat than completely lose a last minute sale. Dunno maybe other other airlines are different we just treated it as inventory
>>
>>1093965
i had a 22 hour flight to Japan.
after about the 15 hour mark you start to think maybe you're already dead, and that you're in hell.
i'm never flying coach for that long again.
>>
check out inflightexpert on youtube, he has videos of first class flights.

I think they look awesome, if I had a company making good return I wouldn't mind traveling this way.
>>
It's ok, but not worth spending too much on. Free booze and lounge access are worthwhile if you have to transfer and the flight's not much more (or you can manage to upgrade the whole way). I went to Costa Rica a few years ago and first wasn't much more than coach (maybe like $800 vs $550), and it was a vacation so I was like "fuck it". Got to drink and take a shower on my layover, and had the cabin mostly to myself. But if it were like, twice the price? Nah, no thanks.

I had status on United for awhile so I got bumped a few times on business trips and going home. Again it was nice, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Otherwise, though I'd rather just take a nonstop flight to wherever I'm going in coach and get there faster. The meals aren't worth writing home about either way, and neither is the mass-market "premium" booze. If you find the hedonism of consumption in first class exciting, I'd encourage you to branch out a little more.

I'm sure transpac first to somewhere far as fuck (like from sf to hk or singapore or something) is nice, but those tickets are like $10k or tons of miles (plus a copay/expensive fare). I do pretty well for myself money-wise, and spending that much on airfare still seems absurd. Plus you're gonna be jetlagged either way. I'd rather get a nice hotel, stay longer, and still save money.

I don't really mind coach that much either. Most airlines I've taken are just fine, and I'll just sleep or zone out reading or watching movies or whatever.
>>
>>1097309
what the fuck does any of that mean?
>>
>>1099999
GET
>>
>tfw I have to do economy flights from SFO to narita 2 times in the next 2 months.

Kill me now.
>>
>>1100029
No chance to upgrade? No miles lying around, or a relative who could help you out?
>>
>>1099999
oooo~
>>
>>1099999
>>1100000

Bravo
>>
>>1100029
Yecch, but hang in there--at least SFO to NRT is non-stop less than eleven hours long.

>I had to do SFO-Hanoi twice in six weeks last year (in coach, obvs), which is a minimum of around 18hrs with at least one stop, on one of the crummy Taiwanese airlines with a connection to Vietnam Air. At least Taipei airport has gotten better than it used to be.
>>
>>1095572
That's just about the last setting in which I'd want to take MM.
>>
File: IMAG1764.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1764.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>1099999
J = business class
Fares are tiered, so the more you pay for your ticket, the more relaxed the restrictions on said tickets are.

Head over to flyertalk to get a better understanding.

As I said, current business class on certain carriers is good enough to render first class a much less attractive choice.
>>
>>1100288
>current business class on certain carriers is good enough to render first class a much less attractive choice
I agree with this. Food and drink are often noticeably better in first than biz on a nothing-special carrier, but otherwise business is good enough fot nearly everyone unless you are in one of those insane new suites.
> In which case you can pay $20,000 for a plane ticket and wouldn't be asking this question on 4chan.
>>
>>1100029
Thats not even that bad. Have a drink, eat a sandwich, take a nap, watch a movie, read a magazine, zone out a little, and youre there.
>>
>>1092762
flight upgrades are for the weak and the super wealthy

it's poor value, compare it to what you pay for hotel upgrades

they take advantage of the fact some people don't have the personal resolve to just put up with a long distance flight full of crying kids
>>
>>1100288
>I'll like some beef skewers please
>Of course sir, would you like some condiments with that?
>Just take a big wet shit on top
>>
>>1092762
Not for me. I normally swallow a few valium and get myself loaded in the airport bar before getting on the plane so I'm out for the count for most of the flight.

It would be a waste to do that in first class.
>>
>>1092762
I mean it ultimately depends on how much you earn, my oldest brother is on close to £70k (100k US) and isn't married so he doesn't even think twice about flying business or occasionally first when he flies, it's a drop in the bucket considering he doesn't splurge in other areas.

I on the other hand am a student going travelling in my holidays with money I saved in a gap year working shitty jobs which was just over £8k all told. My next flight will be a shitty 12 hour coach flight on Vietnam air to Hanoi which certainly won't be fun but is the better use of my funds. At least it's nonstop though, hate layovers.
>>
>>1094604
>wish you hung out with civil people?

people who say stuff like this are not the kind of people I want to hang out with
>>
>>1100414
I'm single and make more than that, but I would still feel worse about paying 3+ times the cost.
>>
>>1100405
It's satay onboard Singapore Airlines.
It's peanut sauce, tasty but I agree they could serve it in a bowl.
>>
>>1097008
>I've heard that domestic flights intra-USA don't offer complimentary alcohol to economy class passengers.
If they have an airline-induced delay at the gate, they usually do open the free economy bar in order to soothe the tired masses. If they don't, simply ask. When you are obviously a frequent flyer (and a flight attendant sees your membership number if not also your mileage on their manifest), you simply should ask if they will do that from the delay. Your request may open it up for the crowd, or they might hand you two bottles, for every one that you buy. Never know!

As far as food goes on flights, I've never seen an ordinary American carrier on a transcontinental without food and compimentary beverages unless you're on some shit carrier like Spirit, where you pay for everything from your carryon, to a soda. They would ration the toilet paper if they could get away with it.

>bringing your own bottles
Domestically, makes it (federal law) illegal to consume it on the plane if your flight attendant isn't your bartender and watching your intoxication level. Be discreet or get in serious trouble if you sneak it. I've seen seatmates turn others in, and I've seen confrontations. It's not uncommon AT ALL to see people met at the gate by police who remove the drunk guy first, for arguing with the flight attendant about it. When I go somewhere cool with a national brand liqueur, something you know they won't be serving, I've pulled out my duty free little bottles onto my tray table, make eye contact with them for the "ok" as I order my mixer. I have never had them do anything more than give me a glass with ice or offer a coffee to go with it.
>>
>>1100835
Fucking heretics, of course it ought to be in a bowl.
>>
>>1100406
Top kek
>>
>pay us hundreds more so you can get cheap 9 dollar wine and faux leather seats

literally no reason to
if you want to be a pampered faggot, go right ahead and do it
>>
>>1100957
wait a sec
i just looked it up
does first class really cost 20,000 USD just to fucking fly to tokyo? what the fuck?
>>
>>1100960
>does first class really cost 20,000 USD just to fucking fly to tokyo? what the fuck?

No, what the fuck are you talking about you stupid retard?
>>
File: IMAG1929.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1929.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>1100910
Their poached eggs aren't bad, for airplane food.
>>
I've flown economy on a international flight to london from the US. Got lucky and had a entire isle to myself. Pulled the arm rests back and slept through majority of the flight. $700 round trip. Not bad at all.
>>
>>1100960
>does first class really cost 20,000 USD just to fucking fly to tokyo? what the fuck?
It can get close to that amount, yes. I'd suggest the cheapest would be 1800, but easily top 10k. Full refundable travel, and various other last minute fare and such, popularity, all can run up the rate.
>>
>>1100960
No. You're just stupid.
>>
In a word, yes.
>>
>>1100960
yes.
I don't know what these people are on about.
a ticket in normie class will cost ~1000 and firstclass costs 20,000. they might mean business class, which has the same everything as Normie class with an extra 6 inchs of leg room.
That is of course if you just buy it straight lot, a lot of people get into first class their member rewards and such, where they fly 3+ times a year.
>>
>>1092762
depends how fat you are
>>
>>1094663
That's why it's always the first row booked and really hard to get unless you're among the first few people to book that flight.
>>
>>1101891
You're on /trv/, where nobody will fall for such low quality bait.
>>
>>1100960
>does first class really cost 20,000 USD just to fucking fly to tokyo?
My work bought me a business class Sydney -> Singapore -> Manchester ticket.
I'm sure they paid full price, no discounts or anything. I wouldn't rule out the travel agent being owned by someone's brother-in-law, it was that sort of company.

The ticket cost $12,000 return.

It was a fully flexible ticket that actually came in voucher form and when I missed checkin on the first flight, they just told me that they'd bump me to another flight an hour later and not to worry about it. They comped me an extra 60kg of luggage just for the hell of it even though I was prepared to pay for it and expense the charge.

And that's just Business class.
>>
>>1099999
>>1100000
checked
>>
>>1101257
As a poorfag Singaporean, their tickets were always out of reach for me - at least until recently, when I started getting to travel for work.

I'd spent years hearing our local press talking about how we had one of the best fucking airlines around, and read posts/reviews by other travelers raving about the whole experience, but to be honest it was pretty meh. Like I'd had similar, or even better food and service from more competitively priced airlines.

Sure, the stewardesses are usually easy on the eyes - that uniform does wonders - but whoever's setting the makeup standards is clearly cadaverous tranny with inch-thick makeup and electric blue eyeshadow.
>>
Worst thing about first and business class is that it encourages airlines to make Economy as shitty as possible to get you to upgrade.
>>
>>1102191
It's gone downhill in recent years. They've become complacent, and like most other Singaporean entities, they love to blow smoke up their own ass.
That being said, it's still much better to sit up front on a 13hr flight to europe than down the back.
Glad to be leaving this country in two weeks.
>>
>>1102191
I flew business on singapore last month from narita to LAX and felt it was great service. Doubly so when comparing it to even the first-class service you receive on one of the big american carriers.
>>
>>1102361
Yes the hard product is great, but the service in general on SQ has diminished lately, as well as their catering.
>>
I did a mileage run from LA to Honolulu to Beijing to Singapore to London and then to LAX just to keep my status. Thats 45-48 hours of straight flying. I was going insane by the time I got on the plane to LAX because it was full of guys excited to go to Vegas for EDC. I couldn't sit down for more than 15 minutes so I actually sat in the back with the flight attendants and gave them recommendations on where to eat in LA, what to do, etc. Went back each time after our meals. If I didn't do that I probably would have rubbed one off in the bathroom and knocked out.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.