[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brussels for a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (14KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 271x186px
So I'll be in Brussels for a week with limited free time (early morn and late evening). Any suggestions on what to do? Love a good beer and some history but open to most things. Any local tips?
>>
right next to the Nord train station, rue d'Aerschoot, romanian prostitutes 40EUR fuck&suck 15min
>>
>>1092414
oh and try a waffle from a yellow van (those are the best)
>>
Molenbeek is fun
>>
>>1092403
Comic museum.
>>
>>1092868
cheeky m8
>>
I don't recommend coming 2 terrorist attacks
>>
>>1093474
Yesterday I was travelling by bus London - Amsterdam. They gave as a big check on passports and metal detectors, before the terror act. I think they knew what was about to happen
>>
>>1092403
Perfect timing.
>>
>>1093476
I have to ho to brussels saturday fun times
>>
>>1093555
No kidding, it'll be interesting. I was in Paris during Charlie Hebdo; didn't speak French and had no internet access so I didn't know wtf was going on, but I gained a lot of firsthand insight into an historical event.
>>
>>1093555
provided you can get there at all - for now both the airport and the main train stations are closed, though I don't expect it to be like that till saturday - all the "first hand experience" you are gonna get is a lot of police everywhere, a lot of security checks everywhere, lots of places closed, probably the metro is closed, trains and flights being delayed. I hope you like security checks, otherwise it's not gonna be "fun times"
>>
My wife and I had planned to go to Bruges via Brussels this Friday morning...

No idea what the fuck is going to happen now. Definite and complete cancellations for 22nd/23rd, potentially further.

Refunds are available on the flights already, but not for the hotel, arrange travel etc.

We had already cancelled our original plans of exploring Brussels on our first day after arriving at the airport due to raised concerns in the area, but this has thrown the whole trip into contention.
>>
>>1092403

Don't go to any large European city because they can't keep them safe and invite more and more hostile muslims.
>>
>>1093592
Flying into Brussels should mostly involve lots of extra security checks upon arrival, as well as when taking the train to the city centre - if you do so. However, once clear of Brussels, things should go smoother. Antwerp Central station might become another chokepoint though. Other cities should be fine - I expect increased police presence, but little else.
>>
>>1093592
By friday it must be opened already.
https://twitter.com/BrusselsAirport/status/712325535494438912
>>
You still going to go OP?
>>
Can't wait to go to Paris in two weeks, I've never been bombed before.
>>
And here I was planning a day trip to Brussels in a couple of weeks.

I'm still going, because fuck it. These colors don't run, etc. etc.
>>
>Including boring Belgium in your trip plans
That was your first mistake
>>
Go to Namur, it's a beautiful and comfy little city and it's mostly white so you're less likely to get blown up.
>>
>visit brussels
>have a blast
>>
File: 1432410407737.jpg (19KB, 262x236px) Image search: [Google]
1432410407737.jpg
19KB, 262x236px
>>1093779
>yfw it took you hours to come up with this
>>
Had scheduled a 10-day trip to Belgium this Friday (not in Brussels, north-eastern Belgium near the border to NL and Eindhoven) but somewhat influenced by the media, friends and family I decided to cancel.
I know nothing is probably going to happen but I am from a country where a terrorist attack isn't even a possibility. My Belgian friend will visit me instead.
Do what you feel is best for you, OP.
>>
I had a 4 week long backpacking in may trip planned to brussels, headed east
I've been told to reconsider

I havent booked the tickets yet, but they are the cheapest. Should I still go or no?
>>
>>1093881
Just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
>>1093930
Yesterday he said tomorrow
>>
>>1093605
>The feels when third world shit holes are safer than Europe
>>
>>1093881
do it, but don't stay in brussels for long. It's not even nice or worth seeing anyway (sorry belgians)
>>
>>1093605
>tfw friends want to go to london
I'll go but I'll feel very uneasy around all the shitskins
>>
>>1093989
Stop being a bigot. Blacks and Asians have jobs and have things to do beside bothering you.
>>
>>1093844
>I know nothing is probably going to happen but I am from a country where a terrorist attack isn't even a possibility.
Wow you're from Greenland, tell me about it
>>
>>1093605
Keep /pol/ out of /trv/, underaged virgin faggot.
>>
>>1093964
Belgian here, mostly agree. Gent and Brugge are nicer as a tourist.

Brussels can be good fun, but you have to know where to look.
>>
>>1093964
Belgian here. Fuck Brussels.
>>
Original OP here,
Yeah, no, didnt end up going coincidently. Got a transfer but you know, maybe some other time
>>
>>1095263
Edit: OOP idiot
>>
>>1093605
The feels when probability to get shot in any North American city is 100 times higher than dying in a terrorist attack anywhere in the world.
>>
>>1092403
Go to tremens delirium bar. Over 3000 different beers.
>>
Update: it's unconfirmed inside information, but Brussels Airport is supposed to remain closed until April 10.

>>1095286
Personal recommendation: go to La Porte Noire and/or Moeder Lambic instead. Smaller - but still excellent - selection, but without the whole tourist trap thing.
>>
>>1095285

Keep your head in the sand till achmed blows you up.
>>
Download the Use-It Europe app or get the Use-It at the tourist information center. It's free and shows you all of the interesting places in Brussels as well as some of the less touristy stuff.
>>
The Royal Art gallery is probably the only thing I recommend there.

it is ridiculously massive, and has some beautiful art.

It was one of the major staple points of my trip was to visit this gallery as my favorite painting hangs in it
>pictured

spend the day there, and enjoy.
besides that, I found it fairly underwhelming and recommend heading down to Brugge and Gent as other people have stated.
>>
File: david-the-death-of-marat.jpg (548KB, 1114x1405px) Image search: [Google]
david-the-death-of-marat.jpg
548KB, 1114x1405px
>>1096448

another painting located in it.

highly suggest going.
>>
>>1092403
Check out NATO headquarters
>>
File: 20150111_181836.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20150111_181836.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>1093580
I was in London
We went to Trafalgar square to pay respects
Pic related
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.