[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's my Spanish pronunciation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hola spanish parrot.jpg (79KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
hola spanish parrot.jpg
79KB, 300x224px
I've been learning Spanish for five months. How's my accent? Can you tell where I am from based on my accent?: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rT4sIyX8TE
(sorry for posting here, it looks like people on other boards have no interest in this thread/no knowledge of Spanish)
>>
>>1090985
Definitely the Anglosphere. I'm going with USA. Having an accent is not the end of the world, certainly not when you've only been learning it for five months only.
One tip however: try not to sound like you're reading words off a page. That makes you sound stilted, which is a bit more annoying than having an accent, IMO.
>>
>>1090985
Anglo as fuck.
Also can't tell if girl or underage b&.

Have you tried /int/? Language threads usually make them take a break from flinging shit at each other. Mainly so they can fling shit at Esperanto instead, but still you'll get your vocaroos rated.
>>
>>1090989
Isn't /int/ for people to troll? I don't want people to tell me to go away because I am a girl.
>>
Yeah,your accent shows quite a bit.
Still, it seems you don't have problems pronouncing Rs, so that's a big step from your regular English speaker. (which I'm guessing you are from your vowels)
Even though you have an accent, everything you said could be understood with ease.

Lastly, don't forget word stress. It's /Fráncia/ not /Francía/.
>>
>>1091010
I can roll my Rs, but there wasn't any rr's in the passage that I was reading.
>>
>>1090986
Definitely an accent but not bad, like an above poster said try to speak more fluidly rather than sounding like your reading.

A word of contention for me was Clases. You said the A like in "glasses" but the a in Spanish has an "ah" sound. Also the ses sounded like "is" but you want it to come of like saying 6 seis.

Best thing to remember is go over the alphabet - the letters follow their sounds much more than they do in english. Clases should be pronounced "clahseis". If you want a more spanish accent you can also lisp the s which s more proper, Spain and south Americans tend to do that.
>>
>>1091058
>lisping
Hell, no. It's only proper in Spain when pronouncing Z and C. Lisping the S will make you sound like someone with a speech disorder, the stereotypical nerd, or outright gay if male.
>>
>>1090985
People who study spanish honestly speak better than most mexicans, your accent won't get shit on really, mexicans are happy when others try to learn their language. But yeah , try to not sound so much like a robot, Spanish is a romantic language, considering you took some classes in french you still sound a bit anglospherish
>>1091058
mainly due to what he said, ah not A
. Good Job nonetheless
>>
Not op, but I have been trying (not very hard) to learn spanish, but one thing that always puts me off is how spanish speakers talk super fucking fast and run their words in together so I cant hear the words seperatly, its like for me hearing; hellosonicetomeetyougreatdaywhatdoyouliketoeat.
but in spanish obviously. I dont think really know how to over come this.
Is it like this for others trying to learn english? When I think about it, quite a lot of languages sound like that when being spoken. Even if i got good at the words, Id be too scared to speak it because I wouldnt be able to understand the reply, and then they would have to talk slowly to me with just a few words, which they would do if I didnt speak the language at all anyway.
>>
>>1091794
>Is it like this for others trying to learn english?
Yes, it is

>>1090985
Your spanish is very understandable, but you need to practice your accent
>>
>>1091794
Yes, it is. My first language is Spanish and I used to have the same problem. Everyone does. I know you've probably heard this before but really one of the most effective ways to fix this is by watching Spanish media with English subtitles. Try to find high budget movies in which the actors speak naturally. Some Spanish speaking youtubers provide English subtitles in their videos. Even if they don't have subtitles and you don't understand everything, I suggest you watch them anyway. Be sure to listen to a lot of natural Spanish conversations and you'll get used to it. If you play any online games, find Bilingual friends to help you out. Go to the /int/ vocaroo threads.
>>
>>1090985
this should be in /int/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.