[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching rocket launches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anyone here ever traveled specifically to go watch space launches? The thought suddenly popped into my head to wonder about the cost/practicality of scheduling a trip to Cape Canaveral, Baikonur, Kourou or some other spaceport to watch giant rockets blast off into space.
>>
I've thought about it, have yet to be about it.

The number one thing to keep in mind is that a launch can be postponed at any time, even going so far as to abort a launch when the countdown gets to one. So with that in mind, Cape Canaveral is probably your best bet, the tourist infrastructure within 50 miles is quite possibly the best in the world,so if your launch gets scrubbed you can at least go chill on Coco Beach or whatever, and you haven't wasted thousands of dollars to hang out in Kazakhstan.
>>
>>1091219
All of this.
I've seen shuttle launches from the Florida Turnpike back in the space program. I've randomly seen rockets as well. They're all beautiful. Visiting the space center has some museum infrastructure which is fascinating.
>>
>>1091219
Soyuz are so big that they are rarely delayed. Russia is so strapped for cash that their space agency allows for tours, they're just expensive and have to be booked through a connected agency.

http://starcity-tours.com/baikonur/
It's a 5 day trip, but expect to pay over $5000, from Moscow.
>>
>>1090899
I saw one by chance, was in Florida and found out there was going to be one. Nice show, there are some people who are fanatics, they have radios connected to the NASA transmission and can even hear the countdown. So cool
>>
>>1091282

On top of this, westerners aren't allowed near the launch site when new rockets are launched, read the reviews, most people are forced to watch them from their hotel in Baikanour.

That doesn't mean you cant go when there is no launching activity, i hear they have a good museum there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.