[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting countries for long-term stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: The-Thinker.png (274KB, 433x566px) Image search: [Google]
The-Thinker.png
274KB, 433x566px
Hey, /trv I'm a 20 year old Scotsman living in Cyprus, I've recently gotten a job that would allow me to work anywhere and I'm willing to make the jump and settle for a while somewhere else.

Does anybody have any experience living abroad that they would recommend?

I am open to any suggestion, eastern Europe, India, whatever. Tell me your experiences.
>>
How do work visas happen for work-from-homers like you? Do you need one before you settle in another country?
I'm guessing countries like Thailand or India don't give a fuck if you want to do tech support from your hotel room, but I can't imagine places like Australia wouldn't try to jew you out of some tax revenue.
>>
>>1089608

That's a good question mate, and something I COMPLETELY overlooked. Like you said, it will differ from country to country so I'll have to do some research when I have a better idea where I'm going.
>>
Indian here; working from home can be incredibly bothersome. Travelling in a third-world country is one thing, living and working in one is another.

If you have the choice, live where you have a higher QOL.
>>
>>1089623
Good point, living and visiting are different things.
>>
>>1089598
usa
>>
>>1089639

I'm not well versed on US immigration policy, but from what I gather it would be difficult for me to live and work there unless I fooled some impressionable mormon chick in Utah into marrying me.
>>
I'm living and working in Medellín, Colombia right now. It's super popular with digital nomads because the exchange rate is insane with US dollars. Euros aren't AS good, but the cost of living here is low and life is easy.

I love Medellín.
>>
>>1089645

Interesting, thanks for chiming in, i'll be looking into Medellín, sounds promising. I'm looking to get away from Cyprus's high cost of living.
>>
Medellin? It's a very nice place, nice people and ill tell you something! there are a lot really cute women. Due the country's situation, exchange taxes are very favorable if you have dollars or euros, you can multiply your money by 3 and the cost of life its very cheap. Also, you can find very good food since 2 dollars and i mean very good food!
>>
>>1089659

I've been looking into Medellín, everything i've read so far ticks every box, and the beautiful women perk has been appearing in almost everything I read so there must be something there...

Also, I'm a sucker for cheap local food. This is exciting!
>>
>>1089598
What is it you do in Cyprus and what job did you recently get that allows you to work from anywhere? Fellow 20 year old Scotstman here as well...
>>
>>1089663
Before this I was a barber, which I wouldn't recommend, barbering sucks. But, this new job is selling advertising space for a magazine. If you're game to send emails and make phonecalls to strangers then go for it. Not much previous experience required.

If you\re looking be working for a magazine too, my only advice would be to try and find a publication that's printed internationally, bigger demographic, more valuable ad space.
>>
>>1089666
Nice where did you find out about this job? I have quite a bit of experience of selling over the phone.

What didn't you like about barbering? I have thought about training in it with the aim to eventually open my own shop a few years down the line. Hair is always going to need cut.
>>
>>1089674
It was more down to luck than anything else, one of my customers was starting the magazine asked me if I knew anybody that would be good for the job.

My issues with barbering were down to me rather than the profession, it's a damn good way to make a living if you can hack it. I'm not very capable of guile and when you're having a shit day you have to be all sunshine and roses for the customers and it just wore me down after a while, I hated it.

Again, that's just down to me not being able to hack it, if you can, it's good money for hours that you choose, once your training is done and you have a solid customer base.
>>
How does Montreal sound to you? Also the Canadian dollar is fuckign balls atm so whatever currency you have would go far. Also you could dip across the the USA with ease if you felt like it. Torontofag here lemme know if you have any questions.
>>
>>1089644
As long as you're not trying to become a citizen it shouldn't be terribly difficult. I live in a college town and every summer we have thousands of Irish come over to sublease from the college kids and work. It's only citizenship that requires you navigate a kafkaesque system.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.