[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singapore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: sg.jpg (129KB, 998x484px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
129KB, 998x484px
Just moved to Singapore about a month ago to work. Not exactly enjoying it so far. What is there to do here?
>>
>>1077170
MALAYSIA
A
L
A
Y
S
I
A
>>
Look at marina bay sands every day.
Count your Money.
Spend it.
>>
Just explore the rest of SEA while you live there
>>
>>1077196
>Just explore the rest of SEA while you live there
This. It's not considered a great place to live cept for the higher income jobs that are there. But, it's a close proximity launching ground for lots of regional exploration.
>>
This video was commissioned by the Singapore Tourism Board, that's a ll you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SgZV2uHq0
>>
>>1077170
My dream is to live and work there. How much have you spent moving to Singapore?
>>
They have a Universal Studios park in Resorts World Sentosa. You should check out that. Also, there is a Legoland park immediately across the border in Malaysia. Both are officially-licensed and aren't knock-off type places.
>>
>>1078109
Hard to say. I was in Japan coming over prior, so my flight wasn't that expensive. Had about 2000 USD coming over, but my company provided accommodation for the first month and I went on vacation to China like two weeks after I arrived, so I have absolutely no idea how much I spent just on the move. You'd need at least 2000 USD to cover the first month's rent and deposit plus food to live off of. Housing here isn't cheap compared to elsewhere in Asia.
>>
>>1077170
I had an interview there not long ago. Did you take my job you Fucker?

Jelly as Fuck. I matched a good number of girls on tinder within the few hours I was there for my interviews.
>>
>>1077170
Fly somewhere else and take advantage of your exchange rate.

The rainy season hasn't hit Koh Rong yet...
>>
>>1078434
What kind of job were you looking for? I could prolly help you out depending on what it is
>>
>>1078524
Different anon, what kind of job can you help me get there?
>>
>>1078558
Teaching is still a perfectly viable option here. English is the first language, but there are plenty of schools where the emphasis is on reading or writing, which is what I do now, after two years of EFL in Beijing
>>
>>1078562
What if I have absolutely 0 teaching experience or credentials?
>>
>>1077205
>singapore is not considered a great place to live
Said the dirtbag as he pulled one last "hit" from his marijuana cigarette
>>
>>1078567
Do you at least have a B.A? Singapore has a bit higher of standards than most places in Asia.
>>
>>1077170
A few ideas on what you are looking for would help.

Standard
Jurong bird park is worth a visit
A wander around the temples is always an experience and can produce some good pictures

Obvious but slightly unusual include:
The night zoo, which is an interesting take on zoos
Haw Par villa which while run down from its hey day is still a fascinating insight into Chinese culture

Eating in any of the food markets is fun and safe
Curry in any of the local cafes in little india is an experience

For the alternative an evening or two in the bars in Orchard towers is always good fun

Further afield Malaysia is on your doorstep just across the border is not so nice but KL is only a short flight as is KK and both are eminently accessible and affordable for a weekend.
>>
>>1078690
I care more about regular activities than one-off visits and stuff like that. I've no idea what people do here socially or how you meet people when alcohol is laughably expensive.
>>
>>1078826
Eat.
>>
>>1078826
Hi anon
I'm also based here, lived here on off for 18 years, minus a couple of years in aus for university. Basically grew up here as an expat.
There isn't much to do here once the initial fascination with the buildings and shit wears off.
I work out west in the industrial area, and live in Bukit timah.
Where do you live? What industry you in?
>>
>>1079223
Ayo. Education. I'm also in the west as well, though kind of southwest. While it's super efficient and modern compared to a lot of other places in Asia, I feel like that's all it really has to offer.
>>
File: yes.jpg (57KB, 584x629px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
57KB, 584x629px
>>1079223
>>1079322
another wild anon appears...

Been here 4.5 yrs, SG is like anywhere else. make friends, find a favorite watering hole, find a chick, work work work, save, try not to fuck up.

any you anons want to grab a brew?
>>
>>1079339
Unrelated anon here, sure I'm free after 3pm tomorrow. Know anywhere with cheap hard liquor, I normally drink at home because I'm so Jewish
>>
>>1079339
Erg, I'd be interested if not for having to work until 9 tonight. Though I guess it'd depend on where and when?
>>
>>1078826
Do you sports, OP?
SG has huge expat sporting clubs for rugby, cricket, AFL and Gaelic football.
Or join a Hash House Harriers group. It's running, with a lot of drinking.
>>
File: 2.jpg (32KB, 720x615px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
32KB, 720x615px
>>1079339
>>1079375
>>1079548
>>1079550
Orchard towers tomorrow night?
Tom Cruise for an evening.
>>
>>1079598
Will they let me in the places we're going if I'm like 20
>>
>>1079831
Because some places don't let Singaporeans in if they're below 21 because of national service
>>
>>1079598
What time are you thinking? I get out of work at like 8 today I believe and will be coming from from near HBF/Vivo City
>>
>>1079598
Are we still doing this? Meet where, what time and how do I identify you guys.
>>
Singapore is the most boring place in the world.
>>
>>1079846
>>1079919
Can't make it tonight unfortunately guys.
What about a hawker session some time?
>>
>>1079921
Eat, shop, and vidya games.

Lots of weebshit
>>
>>1079927
If you guys are into cigar lounges we could meet at Chinatown they have a great one
>>
Hey so guys who work here what do you do, do you speak multiple languages?
Degrees
I'm interested in working at a museum in Singapore (working on history then museum studies)
>>
>>1079957
>>1079927
I kept meaning to answer this sooner but kept procrastinating. I'm alright with either of these things.
>>
File: 1443801551367.gif (968KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1443801551367.gif
968KB, 499x374px
>>1079375
>>1079548
>>1079598
Sorry guys I got fucked by work....im this guy: >>1079339

I know where to get craft beer at a good price. cheap hard liquor in SG is rare, rare like the dew on an angles nipples.

How to reach you anons to set this up?

What about friday night happy hour time at Smith Street Taps in chinatown. Its on the 2nd floor of chinatown complex hawker center. They have craft beer.

BTW, who the fuck are you anons?
34, american, male, engineer,
drinks beer and/or whiskey, smokes cigars when available
>>
>>1080991
I actually didn't realize there were more than 3 people talking about this.

I work obnoxious hours on Friday. I get out at like 8 or thereabouts so thats a no go for me if its so early. My schedule is a hassle, which is a part of the reason why i'm not exactly loving it here.

OP here. 24, male, American, teacher.
>>
Do you play soccer ? We have a group here in Punggol and we play every Saturday. We ride bikes too. You can go out to drink in the area where Google is located at.
>>
>>1081206
up at SAS in woodlands?

>>1081217
unfortunately my knees are rubbish. Biking is good stuff, again unfortunately some crazy women in eunos now has my bike -_-

I would like to take the time to highlight that we are all posting on a Singaporean self-help organizations website. Anyone got any funny SG related pics?
>>
>>1081372
Pls elaborate on crazy eunos lady.
You don't need to look far for funny shit, just take note of their horrible syntax and grammar when commenting on online bullshit.
Ugh, I've been here too long.
>>
File: 150810_a19295-1000.jpg (91KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
150810_a19295-1000.jpg
91KB, 1000x671px
>>1081707
she was a friend of a friend, I loaned a bike to (supposedly 1 month). friend who knew her well vouched for her, then suddenly decided she was insane and wont speak to her. I gave up as it was a shit bike I got for free.

If I wanted that kind of online comments I would surf hardwarezone :p

how long you been here and whats your story?
>>
>>1080991
Post an email and I'll email you anon.
19 singaporean, studying computer engineering. Mainly drink whiskey, cigars if I've got money
>>
>>1080991
If you drink at home warehouse club sells relatively cheap liquor.
35bucks for 750ml of Scottish leader
38 for jw red label 700ml
42 for Jim beam iirc
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.