[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: london.jpg (26KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
26KB, 480x354px
So I'm going to London in the next days for the first time, I only have 3 days, where do I absolutely have to go?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>1075500

C'mon, it's an enormous city, where to start? What sort of things are you interested in? I'm a native Londoner so can make suggestions....
>>
>>1075503
What are the most memorable places you visited in London? Stores, Museums, Galleries, Restaurants, Parks... whatever comes to your mind
>>
If you're looking for a night out theres loads of places in Dalston and shoreditch
>>
>>1075508
Alright thanks
>>
>>1075507
Well, I've lived there for over 10 years so I know lots....

So, one of each of your categories

Stores: Daunt Books on Marylebone High Street (near Bond Street tube)

Museums: The Wallace Collection (which actually is very close to the bookshop I just mentioned, but that's a coincidence)

Galleries: the Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens is one of the more interesting places for international contemporary art

Restaurant: Little Bay, Belsize Road, Kilburn, London NW6 (near Kilburn High Road overground or Kilburn Park or West Hampstead tube stations). Delicious, mediterranean-style food run by a Serb, and extraordinarily cheap - a great place to know, with a character all of its own, too.

Parks: Primrose Hill

and a bonus

Districts: Hampstead - specifically the village part, at which Hampstead tube station is at the very centre. Lots of history and character, a few decent pubs (The Holly Bush or the Duke of Hamilton or The Flask probably the best), and the heath, another fine open space nearby.
>>
>>1075500
>>1075555
Seconding The Wallace Collection. Great little collection of swords and art.

Other top picks from last time my gf and I went to London. YMMV I guess
>Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons -
>Afterhours nights at the NHM and Science Museum
>Behind the scenes tour of the NHM
>>
>>1075500
>where do I absolutely have to go?
Wales because London is a shithole
>>
>>1075555
>>1075632
Holy shit, thanks a lot. I'll try to get everywhere :)
>>
You don't need a Eurail pass to take the Eurostar to Paris, right?
>>
File: badteeth.jpg (510KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
badteeth.jpg
510KB, 617x800px
>>1075500

This is a very good research website for London:

http://www.timeout.com/london

Also plan to do a couple of London Walks (pub tour is great); the evening is good when a lot of museums, etc. are closed:

http://www.walks.com/
>>
Palace Store, Sam Smith's, Selfridges, Trisha's, Rye Wax, Dance Tunnel
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.