[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had £600 to spend (that's $855.19 or €785.24)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0056.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0056.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
If you had £600 to spend (that's $855.19 or €785.24) and ~3 weeks free time, what travel plans in Europe would you make?

Plans can be as brief or detailed as you like. I've been stuck in my uni town all year and I feel like I'm stagnating, but I'm not yet inspired by any of the tentative travel ideas I've come up with. I won't say anything about my interests or where I've been before, because I'd like to hear a wide variety of suggestions for how different people would choose to spend that budget.
>>
Honestly I'd just stay home and spend the weekend at the pub. If there's cash leftover, some steam credits, a tank of gas and my weeks groceries.

800 bucks is fuck all sorry to say
>>
If German:
Www.urlaubspiraten.de
You'll find the best deals there. Flight hotel all in one and really cheap
Or look at momondo
>>
You can make it with that budget but not if you move too much.

Are you euro ? If yes you can take an interrail pass but that'll be already around 300€ for 3 weeks.

Anyway you should pick 1 or 2 countries you like, weather can help you too if you plan to leave soon.

If I were you and had to leave now I'd go in south Italy and visit 3-4 cities and enjoy a quiet time.

You can also check cheap flights for SEA, with this money I could find a flight to bangkok and live decently 3 weeks there.
>>
>>1075327
I'm not so sure, I did a full month round Europe for about £950 and I wasn't even trying too hard to save money. There's every chance I'll have a bit extra to spend, but that's the minimum I know I'll have by the summer.
>>
>>1075320
check out either the baltic countries or do a Czechia-Hungary-Croatia trip
>>
>>1075327

>800 bucks
>fuck all

fuck off

I wish I had that kind of money. I just got back from a week trip to Georgia that I spent $150 on for the whole trip, airfare included.

OP it's hard for me to reply because you didn't specify a time. Is this upcoming like February or Summer? Because if it's soon then I'd stick mainly to warm countries because it's cold where I live in the Winter and it'd be nice to enjoy some warm weather. Get back to me and I'll reply.
>>
Interrail may or may not be your friend, depending on how much you want to move around, and how cheap you can go as far as living expenses. It will take up a good third of your funds, but it's worth it if you want to see a lot of Europe. Note that it doesn't go North of Baltics.

Sleep in hostels or couchsurf, don't dismiss Eastern Europe, there's fun stuff there, cook your own food when you're not having something interesting. 600 pounds will be tight but absolutely doable.
>>
>>1075320
Ski 4 days slovenia, head south on a bus, check out Croatia and Bosnia, finish up in Greece
>>
>>1075320
>>1075320
800€ for a 3 weeks journey is a bit short.
I'd wait 'til summer and go to the Basque country in France/Spain and stay in cheap hotels or campings.
>>
>>1075525
> I just got back from a week trip to Georgia that I spent $150 on for the whole trip, airfare included

H-how did you do it?
>>
>>1075557

Spent $40 on the plane tickets 2way from Warsaw to Kutaisi (2nd largest city). 2000km each way. Having the Wizzair discount memberships helps but otherwise you can just book earlier (I booked 3 weeks in advance) or pay the extra $20 for a normal ticket.

I actually didn't try that hard to save money, Georgia is cheap as fuck. It's $2.50 to get from Kutaisi to Tbilisi, a night in a hostel is like $3-6, meal in a restaurant is $2-5 (with a drink), beers in bars start at $1 or even less sometimes.

I mean if you really wanted to you could spend probably like $10 on your whole trip minus the airfare, it's very easy to hitchhike, if you're spotted as a tourist outside a large city you're offered to stay a night and given food, or you can Couchsurf. You can find really cheap food from bakeries that cost like $0.50 and fill you up decently. Even if you don't do all of that stuff it's very cheap.
>>
>>1075560
Given that you are Polish, were you able to communicate with the locals in some kind of pidgin Slavic? They speak Russian, don't they?
>>
>>1075525
It'll be some time in the summer. I'm not sure when exactly because technically I'm meant to be studying until September, and I'm not 100% sure when my free time will be yet. Probably May/June I'd imagine.
>>
>>1075327

3 weeks in Eastern Europe can be done on that easy. If you couch surf and hitch you can even do Western Europe on that.
>>
Yeah, you should definitly go to estern europe. I have been to tcheque republic for 5 days and i have spend less than 200e (with the plane ticket). Food is great, beer is great, coffee is awsome, sweet rollz.. Yummy... also you can have a bath with beer if you want to. Train is very cheap if you want to go town after town. It can be a great way to discover 1 or 2 countries
>>
>>1075327
don't listen to this utter cretin OP

you can get cheap flights to mainland Europe for like £12 one way on Ryanair
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.