[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

traveling phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Wallpaper_d02ec6_5703965.jpg (56KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_d02ec6_5703965.jpg
56KB, 780x439px
Hey /trv/ in 3 days I'll be going to Europe for a month, specifically sweden, London and spain. I current have a Samsung s 6 with verizon here in the states, would I be able to use this phone in Europe, a international sim card or will I need to rent a phone?
>>
File: IMG_8532.jpg (1MB, 1984x1488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8532.jpg
1MB, 1984x1488px
>>1075208
>rent a phone
What?
>>
>>1075216
You know, the phone rental kiosks that are found pretty much anywhere in europe.
>>
Verizon can tell you if your phone will work there in about 10 seconds -- give them a call.
>>
What do you need the phone for?
I live in Madrid and if I were you I'd buy a "movil de prepago" that you can refill once you run out of credit.
>>
>>1075284
Lived in europe my entire life, never seen one. What are you on about?
>>
>>1075284
People do not rent phones in Europe.
>>
>>1075208
...phone rental? Are you high?
>>
Open Google

Type your exact phone description in find it on box or something. Should be like g900f,that's my s5

Then type specs.

Go to 3g and 4g bands and compare with countries.

To do that type name of country and Wikipedia telecommunications.

No 4g or a missing one isn't a big deal.

3g is really important
>>
Verizon in the USA doesn't use GSM tech. They don't use sim cards. They use CDMA tech. That said, they have realized that some people travel abroad and keep many phines, especially smart phones GSM capables, but I don't know if they are unlocked to use with just any sim card.
>>
>>1075284
>phone rental kiosks
I've never seen that in Sweden
>>
>>1075208
I've used an american iPhone in Sweden with no problems, but I think you'll have to google if your Samsung is compatible with european sim cards. Worst case scenario you might have to buy a cheap phone when you get here.
>>
I moved from Canada to Ireland so I think I can offer some good insight here.
First: get it unlocked so you can use any carrier. You'll pay anywhere between 20-50€ to get it unlocked. Then you can go to any telecom company and get a Sim card that you top up every month. Seeing as you're in Europe for one month, get your Sim card and a one month pay as you go top up. However when you leave your first country of destination you will get roaming charges, but seeing as you're leaving back to America the next month you won't have to pay. I hope that all made sense.
>>
>>1075284
Never seen or heard of that, and been pretty much everywhere in Europe
>>
>>1075208
I believe 3 mobile is all over Europe. Just get a prepaid sim card from any 3 store and you can top up at 7-11.

I know comviq is the cheapest in Sweden, I'm not sure what it is in other countries.

Anyways the whole thing is a lot easier than you think. Dont stress yourself, just walk into any phone kiosk at the airport and ask them what the best prepaid sim card is. If you dont have an antique phone its literally just loading in the sim and using it right away.

>>1075284
>the phone rental kiosks that are found pretty much anywhere in europe.

Yeah... Europe being full of phone rental kiosks is a Fun Fact like how blue isn't actually a color and Paraguay is a strictly vegetarian country.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.