[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an opportunity to move to either Seattle or Portland,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1445124455200.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445124455200.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
I have an opportunity to move to either Seattle or Portland, OR.

My deciding factor is unusual: Which city is more like Montreal?

I understand that Montreal is a unique North American city with it's own personality but if you had to liken it to either Seattle or Portland which would you choose and why?
>>
I've never been to Montreal, but probably Portland on a geographic basis

I live in Seattle but I prefer Portland. Seattle is a narrow strip of hilly land surrounded by water on two sides, which makes transportation a nightmare. It's a city of neighborhoods that are all isolated from each other by the terrain and the transportation infrastructure is awful. The traffic is the 3rd worst in the country after LA and Washington DC.

Portland is a lot smaller, but more centralized so it doesn't feel smaller. You can walk from anywhere to anywhere. The infrastructure is much better and it's much easier to get around. It's also a city divided by a river with a bunch of nice bridges like Montreal I guess
>>
File: 1435532588125.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1435532588125.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
Portland is full, fuck off
>>
>>1071850
Montrealer who visited both Seattle and Portland here.
In my opinion Seattle is much more similar to Montreal in general.

Which is why I'd choose Portland :^)
>>
>>1071869
You don't like Montreal?
>>
>>1071875
Not much.
I prefer smaller towns like Quebec, Charlottetown, Astoria and such.
>>
File: 1397845598855.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1397845598855.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>1071878

I'm sorry you choose to live in a city way beyond compacity. I would like portland not to turn into another Seattle, San Francisco, or Jew York.
>>
Goddamnit no not another one stay the fuck out of Portland you'll never be able to find a place to live or a job there's too many goddamn people in that city
>>
>>1071850
Portland's over
>>
>>1072016
>>1072021
What is up with Portland I thought you guys were nice and hip. What the fuk
>>
>>1071850

Like Montreal? Neither.
But Seattle is amazing.
>>
>>1072031

hip enough to steal another cities slogan.
>>
File: 1426227432467.png (10KB, 294x449px) Image search: [Google]
1426227432467.png
10KB, 294x449px
>>1072031

City used to be "nice and hip." Now it's just 30 something California and Mid-west transplants driving around in Volvo's and Subaru's sending rents though the goddamn roof. It's San Francisco 2.0
>>
>>1071850
Are you from Montreal, OP?

The city that is closest to Montreal in terms of feel is Boston, followed by parts of Brooklyn.

Between Seattle and Portland, Seattle is more like Montreal.
>>
>>1071850
I've lived in both cities but have never been to Montreal.

That being said, Portland is way past its glory days. Seattle is the superior choice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.