[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird but serious question about traveling from Australia to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: goddamnnit.jpg (26KB, 299x199px) Image search: [Google]
goddamnnit.jpg
26KB, 299x199px
Weird but serious question about traveling from Australia to Canada.

My girlfriend is visited me in canada from australia, and apparently her mother has to deposit 1 grand a month into her account (says these airline people). Is this true or is there a way around this? 1 grand a month for 6 months is a crazy amount of money.
>>
>>1071178
visiting* typo, fuck...
>>
>>1071180
what account? also is the airline not letting you buy ticket because this deposit?
>>
>>1071189
Into her bank account, and she has the ticket. They said she needed at least 6 grand. But she will be staying with me. So I'm confused
>>
>>1071190
so the airline said she needs 6 grand in her acount...did u ask why?

makes no sense
>>
>>1071192
Yeah, apparently to cover her "living costs". But she wont be living alone which is my point.
>>
>>1071193
It has to be just a suggestion, there's no way an airline can force you to put money into your private bank account. if she already has the ticket then she should fine, they cant denie
>>
deny her*
>>
>>1071196
Alright thanks man
>>
are you sure its the airline demanding this? this sounds more like a customs issue. and yes, they are able to demand that from her because she should have enough in her bank account to be able to cover living expenses if your arrangement falls through
>>
>>1071199
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp

To visit Canada, you will need to meet some basic requirements, such as:
>have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)
>>
>>1071200
You think I could somehow lower the cost to about 3 grand instead of 6? I think 3 grand is plenty enough since I will be working.
>>
>>1071203
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=421&t=16

it would be best to contact them directly with your inquiries. in future, get better at being more resourceful and doing your own research, and not just posting your easily googleable questions to a chinese cartoon imageboard
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.