[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Europe. But very north, mate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Hi /trv/, I'm an outsider from /wg/. I always considered the north of Europe as a right destiny.

I'm looking forward information more than other things. I knew a very little, but I don't know how to search good info. What I know (I don't know if I'm right or wrong)

>Best Europe internet without Data caps
>High wages
>High living cost
>Low politician corruption
>Low criminal rate
>High suicide rate
>Cold as fuck (obviously)

I'm looking for confirm or change the info I have, and well, I would like to know more about the very north of Europe. Thanks /trv/
>>
>>1069454
1. True. Especially in Scandinavia, but true everywhere North Europe.
2. True, except for Baltics
3. True, except for Baltics
4. True, except for Baltics
5. Practically non-existent, except for Baltics, where it's pretty high for Europe.
6. Not as true as it used to be, but still fairly high, especially in the Baltics.
7. True, but not as true as you might expect. I've seen some hot fucking summers in Norway, and I mean even past the polar circle. It is colder, but it doesn't mean there are no warm days.
>>
>>1069472
Wow, I didn't expect a reply today, thanks anon.

Would you mind to sharing your opinion on that zone?

I think I would like to choose Finland, Denmark, Norway or Sweden. Nordic countries, there I think I will live and dangerous out. Am I right? Would oyu share, please? Thanks agian anon.
>>
>>1069492

Not him but Norway is the most expensive of them all. The people, at least in Oslo, seem pretentious. Come to think of it, I haven't liked most of the norwegians I've met in Norway. They've either been a little annoying or a little boring.
The speed limits in Norg are ridiculous which makes traveling by car slower than it should be.
On the positive side, it's a really beautiful and clean country.
>>
>>1069492
If you like nature it's actually amazing. Brilliant for hiking, camping all of that stuff. Norways is freaking beautiful, but I myself am partial to Northern (WAY Northern, the trees have to look like they're dying) Finland.

The people are eh, okay if you get to know them. Swedes, Norwegians and the Danish are pretty similar, Finns are even more individualistic and closed-in until they start drinking, and the Baltics have more in common with the former Soviet bloc than they do with the rest of Northern Europe.

If I had to choose a place to live, I'd go with Stockholm- clean, pretty, relatively large for the area, not as expensive as Oslo and everyone speaks English. If I had unlimited money and had to choose a place to live there, I'd take some empty land near a fyord in Northern Norway.
>>
>>1069665
>>1069667
So, it seems like Sweden is a brilliant option. But, I'm curious. How MUCH expensice is Norway?

I'm a Spanishfag, and here Norway is like God-Tier between nordics countries, so I'm lots of curious on how's going on things there.
>>
>>1069680
Real damn expensive. Take a trip there first just to see it, but everything's ridiculous compared to everywhere in Europe, except for maybe Switzerland.
>>
>>1069472
>4. True, except for Baltics
26th place in 175 countries and you say Estonia has high politician corruption.

Otherwise, carry on everyone.
>>
>>1069718
I know that 'Can Estonia into Scandinavian?' is a sort of a meme, but Estonia is definitely the most Nordic Baltic state.
>>
>>1069715
I don't know if I will can. As a good Spanishfag I'm poor as fuck, but in the case I arrive to that places, will be to moving out there. So, I guess that a jog standard waged there will cover the living on there, not?

Translatation:
If I work there, won't be expensive, since the wage will be very high too.
>>
A good point is their ability to speak a perfect English (as their language is so obscure nothing get translated to it).

So ok, you can communicate, but they are cold as fuck. Really distant even with each other, I didn't had much fun with local even after 5 weeks there.

One of the most beautiful place to visit otherwise, but I wouldn't spend more than a month unless you are absolutely not attracted by social interactions.
>>
>>1069802

Danish, Swedish and Norwegian are really close to English though. I'd expect an English speaker to understand a little written Swedish or Norwegian at least.
>>
>>1069802
What you're saying looks very interesting to me. I'm reasonably young. That means, my hobbies don't need social interaction at all, so that's a positive thing for me into Norway.

The fact that they speak English is another one, since I wouldn't mind to learn the language, but I prefer to not do it.
>>
>>1069802
the whole "being distant" thing is just on the surface. go drinking and talk with people. they are pretty open .
(im danish)
>>1069454
Theres a lot of specialty shops in copenhagen, it shouldnt be hard for a spanish person to get a job in like a spanish deli or something
>>
>>1069802
I don't get this 'nordics being cold'-meme. I mean, if you are a very unexperienced traveler who haven't face the concept of cultural differences then sure, it might seem that way. But if you have traveled just a couple of times you should be aware of the fact that there are different social codes of interaction in different parts of the world. I study at KTH in Stockholm which has a lot of students from different parts of the world, and although people from different cultures relate in different ways, I can't say my swedish friends feel any colder than, say, my french friends. There's just a different set of rules on how to convey the same thing.
>>
>>1069680
Well, many Norwegians will travel to Sweden to shop. If that gives you any idea.
>>
>>1069802
>But they are cold as fuck
This only applies if you're an autistic faggot though.
>>
>>1069896

Could you tell a little bit about the pros and cons of living in Denmark? I'm considering moving there for university this year. I'm Finnish so I'm used to thinngs being expensive but I don't know how the prices compare to Denmark. I assume everyone speaks perfect English there. I know some Swedish but can't understand much Danish even though they're pretty similar...
>>
>>1069909
Not that guy but I have the same experience.

I'm dutch and I've been to sweden on 3 vacations. What I remember from the camping is kinda weird, we were sitting in front of our cottage and our swedish neighbor walked by. I greeted him and he just looked kinda confused and scared, looked away and walked off. I've had similar experiences as those after that.

But in stockholm everyone was nice and friendly with a few beers in them. Maybe I just ran into some autistic swedes.
>>
>>1070085
language is not gonna be a problem. Everyone, especially young people speak english well.
i dont know how the prices compare either. Beer in a shop is around 10 dkk, in a bar about 30-50 dkk. pack of smokes about 45 dkk a meal out at a pretty cheap but not a fastfood place is prob 120-150 dkk.

i dont know what the financials are gonna be like. In demnark education is free and we get about 5k dkk a month, but you would prob have to pay for the education or get some kind of support from your government? that would prob be the main con i think.
also the jobs might not be that easy to get, and as a non danish speaker you would probably only be able to get a job in copenhagen - which would probably be easier if you were from someplace like france or spain (because of the aforementioned specialty places, dont think theres a lot of finnish themed shops )

The people are nice. just go out and speak a little with someone. They might seem "cold" or something but thats just a cultural thing - they do actually want to talk to people.

so yeah main con is prob finances but otherwise its a cool place. Copenhagen is actually a really great city. ive often come to that conclusion when ive been travelling.
>>
>>1070103
>>1070022
>>1069802

Many Swedes really are autistic as fuck. Or... they are just morbidly socially awkward. Maybe that is the same.
>source: me, Svenskbög
Took me years of expat living to free myself from that yoke.
>>
>>1069943
Holy fucking shit. Ok, so, unless I get a job there, I shouldn't be living there. That's the kind of thing I was hoping to learn with this thread. Thanks anon.

>>1070121
What kind of education is free? Basic? Advanced? All? Can I have more information, please?
>>
>>1070162
For danes everything is free... But its prob not for immigrants
>>
as long as u avoid those drunken redskin "vikings" on the continent you are gona have a good time
>>
>>1070103
no this is a typical swede, dont talk to us when we arent in a bar you fool.
>>
>>1069909
swedes and generaly scandis use 2 words for a sentence while the french might use 10 for the same sentence, both sentences conveying the same message
>>
but beware of niggers i mean really EVERY SINGLE ONE is a fuckin thief rapist or wants to sell you some shit like these guys dont know how to work a job
>>
Women are hot as fuck BUT they will cheat on you and you can never marry a girl from these areas and stay without being cheated on. On the side note your spouse probably won't give a shit if you cheat on them. .. Just gotta find a girl that isn't a femnist. Or not care about your wife beat
>>
>>1070121

I'm pretty sure there is no tuition fees in Denmark for people coming from EU. Wouldn't even consider studying there otherwise.
>>
>>1070218
You keyboard playah you. Figuring shit out from the privacy of your basement bedroom. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>1070194
I can't understand it, sorry. It is. . .

"For Danish is everything free, but its a problem if you're inmigrant".

Or

"For Danish es everything free, but is not a problem if you're inmigrant"
>>
>>1070675
Its probably not if youre an immigrant. But i dont knowhow for sure if you have to Pay out of pocket
>>
>>1069718
Im traveling and in Estonia right now. Seems like most people don't think their politicians are corrupt in the sense American politicians are, I'm American, but really just have the job to further their own ambitions or to say they did such a job. A lot of the Estonians tell me that their "PM is a goof who was only elected as they had no one else" and can't make decisions on his own, and it seems most of them deem their president of parliament as a genuinely good guy working for the country and more powerful than their PM.
>>
>>1069454
I couldn't tell if you're talking about moving or visiting.

If you're talking about moving, know that it's becoming very difficult to immigrate there, and soon will be outright impossible.

This isn't /pol/-tier casual racism, this is truth from having lived there and having family in Sweden. The refugee crisis has been out of control and the huge influx of refugees they brought in are creating all kinds of social chaos. People are voting for far-right nationalist groups in record numbers, they've already put in a wall at the border cities and are closing the door to refugees. People are starting to sign on to far right nationalist ideologies, and becoming resentful to anyone who isn't a native Swede. IMO it won't be long before racial tensions escalate to 1950s America levels.

Not going to put my personal opinion on this, just letting you know so you're not a brown guy showing up to a bunch of angry farmers with pitchforks and torches and thinking WTF?
>>
>>1070871
Well, I was planning in (maybe) moving in a long time. Like. . .well, some years, I don't know.

But what you're saying is the kind of info I'm searching for too. Fortunately, I'm Spanish but white and blond with blue eyes, and I don't like sunbath so I think I would have it better. Also, I will go under the pretext of "moving". I mean, I say it because of Australia thinkg I heard like you can't enter without money and that kind of stuff. I would go with money, a house and a job (I guess)
>>
>>1070871
This. I'm Filipino but born and raised in Canada. It's noticeable how differently I was treated until they found out I was Canadian (ie not some shit skin trying to emigrate). But the funny thing is that I'm in love with the Nordic countries. I travelled through to scope them out and came to the conclusion that it's gonna be rough if I decide to (although I do have a slight advantage and don't generally get lumped in with other immigrants)
>>
>>1071137
I feel like I met you on Andra Langgatan and promised to score you weed but kept flaking
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.