[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wwoofing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: wwoof.jpg (40KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
wwoof.jpg
40KB, 650x430px
I lived in France when I was a kid. I learnt the language but sadly forgot it as I got older and moved back to Sweden. Tired of High School I became an Exchange Student in USA, where I'm currently residing. I'm 18 years old and will graduate from my swedish High School when I'm 20. This information might provide you with nothing. My question is (this type of question is probably very frequent, so I'm specifying it): is pic related any good? This is of corse after I've graduated. Have you tried it? In the sense of a gap year, are there better alternatives, for free living and learning the language? I wanna go to France and learn the language again. Forgive my incoherent rambling. Is it hard to be accepted to the program?
>>
>>1068285
not OP, but bumping for WWOOF-ing experience / stories
>>
not op but bumping for the other posters
>>
Meet a guy in Japan doing it... For about a month. It's basically like slave labor for farmers or getting an "internship" where they have you doing menial work for the companies benefit only under the guise that you are learning or getting experience or "traveling to an exciting place to meet real locals"

It's cheaper and more fun to backpack and stay in hostels and couch surf.
If you want to learn farming. You need to know someone where you want to go. Network your ass off once you get there. Not through wwoof.
>>
File: weed.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
I spent two weeks WWOOFing. I live in the US, near Chicago, and I'm interested in organic gardening. I have family I rarely see near Seattle/Tacoma and wanted to visit as well as learn about sustainable agriculture. I found a farm in a good location, talked to the wwoof host, got good vibes, and booked my flight out. It was a positive experience and I'd do it again.

Be upfront with that you want, and your host should be upfront about what they expect. Read ratings from past wwoofers and look up the surrounding area. Obviously dont stay someplace that seems sketchy or that won't be a good fit. I worked about 5 hours a day, the host made breakfast and dinner for the wwoofers (another couple from the US and a guy from Spain), and we had free days to relax or go to town. He had old campers and a renovated shipping container for sleeping, but I brought my camping gear (recommended) and was more comfy in my tent.

WWOOF is more farming/livestock/agriculture-centric. Alternatively look into WorkAway, similar to WWOOF but a wider range of jobs. Go for it.
>>
Anyone who just wants work while they travel should look into workaway

me and my friend are going to be working for a hostel in tokyo next month, and then getting something lined up in seoul as well

they both cover our beds, and breakfast and lunch.

tokyo wants us to work 5 hours a day 5 days a week, and seoul is 4 hours 6 days a week, really cheap way to travel if you can find the right places.

can't bring girls back to the places you stay tho, and you can't really stay out at a girls place because you have to do morning chore shit most of the time.
>>
>>1068703
Is this with a visa? Or just travelling and not telling anyone about the money you're earning?
>>
>>1068717
im not earning any money,working in exchange for stay and food
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.