[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/! I decided to kick the new year off with a trip to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1415812495336.jpg (776KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415812495336.jpg
776KB, 1440x1080px
Hey /trv/!

I decided to kick the new year off with a trip to Dubai. Since I've never been I don't really know what it's like. From what I've read on here, it isn't very easy to meet people and I'm going solo. I'm mainly looking for a relaxing holiday but if possible, I would like to check out a beach club or two. How "resorty" is Dubai? Like are there animation teams that would help you with that or am I on my own?
>>
>>1068082
Have fun at the most immoral tourist destination.
>>
>>1068082
Expensive , really expensive
>>
>>1068082
There are a bunch of tours, camel riding and all that. Watt country are you coming from and when exactly are you traveling. Can offwe better advise with this info.
>>
>>1068095
I'm not too worried about the money, just afraid I'll feel a bit lonely.
>>
>>1068082
There's stuff to do but it's not like you'll be meeting lots of other backpacker type people to hang out with. More like lots of people on business or families vacationing together. And if you want to find people to hook up with, you're fucked. Premarital sex is illegal in the UAE, so are public displays of affection or even being alone in a car with someone of the opposite sex who isn't related to you.
>>
>>1068096
Coming on the last week of January. I'll definitely do some tours and rides but I'm wondering how likely it is to find clubbing buddies.
>>
>>1068103
Nope, not looking for any sex or romance. The problem is that I'm female so I'll probably look like a prostitute when looking for people to hang out with. I'd just like to see and experience new things. But I guess I'll keep my expectations low and think of it as a relaxing solo trip.
>>
>>1068104
I can speak way more intelligently on the club experience in Bahrain than UAE, but imagine it's similar. Club scene is actually pretty good, but alcohol is expensive but no terribly so, considering it's bar prices. Women are not hard come by, a bunch of lonely TCNs from Asia, and there is a lot of pay for play if you want to go that route. Arabs are bros, at least he club going set. Also filled with expats, of course, most Arabs you run into in the UAE clubs (and a significant number in the Bahrain clubs) are actually Saudis.
>>
>>1068110
Also shittons of Indians... I think I had more Indian friends in college from the UAE than from fucking India...
>>
>>1068109
Just Saw that you were female. I know a lot of females that have loved visiting/working in UAE. I'd only caution about being alone/in private in the company of man/men of Arab or South Asian descent. Most are generally cool, but enough bad apples for caution, and the cultural view is if you are willing to do that then you are down for some "action". That is if you are not trying to have sex.
>>
>>1068115
When I say Asia, Indians are included, though I know a lot of Westerners, Americans esepcially, separate Indians from the rest of Asia for some reason.
>>
>>1068117
Yeah I hear you. That's why it's nice when the hotel has some sort of an animation arrangement. I'm totally not trying to hook up and I don't even drink, I'd just like to see what the general vibe and music is like in clubs.

I guess I can hope I'll meet some cool groups of friends or something at the hotel I end up picking. Won't be counting on it though. Thanks for all the info, really helpful!
>>
>>1068124
Clubs are chiefly found in hotels, and come in 3 main varieties. Live bands, hip hop/dance/dj, and sports bar/lounge type atmosphere. There are others and mixes of the above as well, but that's the wave tops.
>>
Protip: don't get gang-raped unless you want to go to jail.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/17094076/abandoned/
>>
>>1068727
Wasn't it proven she was some sort of a slut who was staying with the rapist?
>>
>>1068727
>>1068775
That was a pointless post, as she was already warned against be alone or the sole woman amongst a group of Arabs or South Asians
>>
>>1068789

Except it's not simply that there are lots of shitty people there, they also have institutional sexism and contempt for rape victims.

Your knee jerk reaction to thought crime is pretty funny though, any excuse to tell someone to stop saying things you don't want to hear.
>'your post is pointless!'
What does that say about yours?
>>
>>1068103
>Premarital sex is illegal in the UAE

Is this true? And even if it is, Good luck enforcing it. Especially given the large expat population.
>>
>>1068965
If they happen to get caught it's jail time.
>>
>>1068082

I live in Dubai and has done for 4 years now and I'd say it's very easy to meet people at clubs. Especially in the Marina area which is mainly expats living there.

I'd especially recommend Barasti Beach as a destination. In the daytime you can enjoy a cold drink in the sun-lounger on the beach and in the evening there's clubbing on the beach or pub upstairs overlooking the palm Jumeirah.
Other than that there's XL Beach club and Zero Gravity in the Marina and Nasimi Beach and Riva Beach on the Palm if you like beach clubs.
There's also a ton of British pubs and other kind of bars/clubs, so you won't be bored.

How old are you and where are you from?
The legal drinking age here is 21 and you won't be let in many places if underage.

>>1068965
It is true, but not enforced among non-muslims unless someone reports you.
Prostitution is widespread here and the police doesn't care much.
>>
>>1068941
The fact that is institutionalized/cultural was brought up also, I reckon redundant is a more apt description than pointless. It's like you didn't read the thread
>>
>>1069205
Just an addendum, before someone gets too excited. The prostitutes will be from the countries you'd expect, so no, you won't be able to nail a qt Arab muslim. Lots of Russian hookers, for example.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.