[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

County decisions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2015.png (396KB, 672x510px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015.png
396KB, 672x510px
Ok /trv/ help me out. Here's the story first. A couple years ago I met a German girl who was visiting some friends here in America. She speaks very good english and we stayed in touch. She came back again this summer. She's invited me to visit her in Germany a couple of times and I accepted, so I'll be going this summer. I'll be staying at her apartment so no cost there. She's even offered to book the flight in Germany to save money. I don't know why it would be cheaper than me booking it here in the states but sure. She has planned things to do and see in her city and also in other parts of Germany. Some lake in the mountains, hiking, castles and whatnot. So I'm all set in that area.
Here's where I need your help. She's offered me one other country to visit.
The options are:
Austria
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Sweden

Not sure why Sweden since the other countries border Germany and Sweden seems out of the way.
Which of these country's would be the best to visit? I love nature and all of those seem to be wonderful places to visit. This may seem like a simple decision for some of you but I've never been to Europe so I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Austria and Switzerland have the alps, I've heard Prague is a beautiful city and Sweden has been on my list of countries I've wanted to see. Help me decide or at least narrow the list, /trv/.
>>
Where in Germany are you gonna stay /visit?
>>
>>1064922
Personally always thought Sweden to be rather boring if you're not into nature vacation, e.g. camping etc.
Czech Republic is very cheap compares to the others and has one or two more things to offer than just Prague.
Austria and Switzerland are extremely beautiful with the backdrop of the Alps. Between the two I'd suggest Austria as it's cheaper (Switzerland is eytremely expensive), you don't have to exchange money (both Germany and Austria have Euro), and cities such as Salzburg and Vienna are incredible. Especially Vienna has a lot to offer.

Apart from that one more tip: travel within Europe are incredibly cheap, so consider going even further. There's flights from Berlin to London for 10€ and the flight only takes 1 1/2h so you can easily go on a daytrip. Recently saw flights from Dortmund to Romania for 8€ if you wanna go a bit off-beat.
For 20€ you can go to Spain, Portgual, Italy, you name it.
>>
>>1064922
OP something sounds off about all of this.
>ask multiple times to visit
>hey come stay at my place
>oh and I'll even book your flight

Please be careful this. It sounds shady.
>>
>>1065070
It doesn't seem shady to me, since OP has met her twice. It just seems like someone has more money than the other.

Since she speaks German, you might really get an amazing tour of Austria (suggest Vienna and Melk) but Austria is quite pricey for hotels and food/drink by american standards, but most of all it tends to be a bit harder for non-german speaking English folks communicationwise, unlike most of the rest of Europe. Prague is pretty damn cute and has some intact post-WW2 architecture that doesn't exist in other cities, and a very walkable day or two diversion, with maybe a little single day excursion outside of the city, maybe to a Karlovy Vary or Cesky Rumlov. Maybe sweden is thrown in there because she has a place to stay or cheap airfare or simply knows how to tour it well from personal experience, and culturally, it'll certainly be different than the other choices.
>>
OP here.

>>1064996
She's in Nuremberg. The other cities she has planned are Munich and Wurzburg. I know Munich has a castle but there's one somewhere else that we're also going to see. I forget the name.

>>1065070
There's nothing shady about it. I looked into it and her booking the flight would save me $800-$1000.

>>1064997
I knew Switzerland was expensive but I didn't know that they didn't use the Euro. Since they both have the alps and Austria has some very beautiful cities, I think I'll cross off Switzerland.

>>1065081
Yeah it'll be like a personal guided tour of Germany. I know she's traveled a lot in her country and has been to Austria a couple times. I didn't realize that Prague had undamaged architecture from the war. Most of the larger German cities were bombed and burned. Maybe I'll try and swing 2 countries.
>>
>>1065070
>>1065081
Yeah, I doubt she's playing a long con, she probably just wants some american dick and OP has been too clueless to put the moves on her so far.

Stockholm is pretty, also I think there is a ferry and night train from Germany to Sweden, so maybe that is why. Anyhow air travel can be super cheap, if there is somewhere you always wanted to go.
>>
>>1065102
If you are gonna be based in southern Germany and want something a bit different then you could go to Sweden or even southern Poland for the same hassle. An alternative would be Austria and then a bit of northern Italy. But just southern Germany and Austria would be a bit monotonous. Amazingly beautiful but a bit culturally monotonous
>>
>>1065109
Not clueless. Just didn't want to force anything or be presumptuous. It wasn't until she came back this past summer that we became good friends. I'll be staying with her for 3 weeks so who knows what could happen.
>>
>>1064997
Boring but fantastic is usually how it is described in Sweden ;)
>>
>>1065102
>I didn't realize that Prague had undamaged architecture from the war. Most of the larger German cities were bombed and burned. Maybe I'll try and swing 2 countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague#Main_sights
I think it has the only original bridges intact..but it really is an architectural marvel. To get a walking tour map early on will increase your enjoyment of what it is that you're looking at, and the St. Vitus cathedral in the castle district is like a rival to notre dame or dare I say, the actual Vatican. It's impressive. Got to realize that vienna was kind of leveled, and everything rebuilt, and though its not _that_ important that it was rebuilt and repaired beyond what ordinary eyes usually see, it simply makes Prague that much more unique.

On the flipside, summer is hot in cities, and higher altitude (and latitude) ideas are a way to get away from the summer heat without A/C and hot pavements, and maybe even escapes some of the throngs of tourists that visit the most popular things to do in summer breaks from school.
>>
>>1064922
why dont you just fuck her?
>>
File: bamberg.png (1MB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
bamberg.png
1MB, 800x532px
>>1065102
you gotta come to Bamberg as well tho, especially since its in between Würzburg and Nürnberg
>>
>>1064922
>Czech Republic
There's more to see there than the other places.

Well, Vienna is pretty cool.
>>
>>1065930

This
>>
>>1065930
>>1066478

>why dont you just fuck her?

Are you suggesting OP bang her then split in the middle of the night? Sounds like a terrible plan.
>>
>>1065159
>staying with a girl for 3 weeks doesn't mean sex
>I'm not clueless

3 weeks is a long time to have somebody living in your damn house. Since you so clueless, here's what you got to do:
1. bring condoms and learn how to use them.
2. buy food to make her dinner at home, and a bunch of local wine, because it is cheap and you want to see what they drink in Deutschland. 3. Both of you get drunk and fuck.
Hooray, 4chan gets you laid. Finally.
>>
>>1064922
whats wrong with wurzberg?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.