[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what petty crimes do the more opportunist of you do while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: stolen-ham.jpg (12KB, 229x277px) Image search: [Google]
stolen-ham.jpg
12KB, 229x277px
So what petty crimes do the more opportunist of you do while travelling?

We all know how easy it is to do shit on camera or even in front of witnesses, and get away with it because we'll be out of town before long.
>>
File: 1337208241417.jpg (1MB, 1487x3178px) Image search: [Google]
1337208241417.jpg
1MB, 1487x3178px
**cough cough**

Stealing is bad. Mkay?
>>
>>1064434
I admit to shoplifting from time to time, but you do realize if you are arrested you'll probably be deported and never allowed back into the country, right?
>>
Rape
>>
Any cadh left out in a hostel I swipe without second thought.
>>
I got my shit stolen in Oz. After that, I started shoplifting and it sort of stuck. I did it for like 2 years until I got caught in Sweden. Arrested me and everything but they ended up dropping charges and giving me a second chance. I've stolen once since then but for the most part, am done.

Sucks cause I actually saved so much and it was partly why my last trip lasted to 11 months. I did have rules that made it a little more ethical:

- never from mom and pop stores
- always the crappiest kind (ie no nga e brand batteries over Duracell)
- only if I've bought something else at the store
-stealing directly from people was off limits
>>
>>1064434
Blasphemy.
Insulting Turkishness.
>>
>>1064558
What sort of things did you steal? How do you avoid getting caught and how were you caught in Sweden?
>>
>>1064625
A lot of food. Usually the more expensive items like cheese (it'd be the cheapest of the most expensive though as per my "ethical" code). Electronics a bunch of times as well.

I guess the country doesn't really suspect it because everyone's so well off. This one time I stole a thing of pork chops and on my way out security checked my bag. He opened my bag and it was right there but didn't even notice/say anything.

Anyway, I usually make sure there's no cameras aimed at me or people looking. If there were, I'd walk behind someone so they covered the camera aimed at me and shove it in pants or pockets. Gum and stuff could fit in my pockets and could slyly be slipped in.

Undercover caught me (I actually had a hunch). They followed me 2kms and then busted me when I took the shit I lifted out of my pockets. I tried to run away so it was a pretty huge scene when they tackled and cuffed me.

After getting a second chance, I really appreciated Sweden even more (I was a Swedeboo even before this). They showed me how human police could be. I explained my situation and that I moved there for a girl and my mistake could fuck up everything. They asked me if I was serious about her and dropped charges because it seemed like I honestly learned my lesson + couldn't figure out why I'd even steal if I had money in the bank
>>
>>1064712

>had money in the bank

then why the fuck did you steal?
>>
>>1064715
Just became a habit I guess...And every little bit helps when you're out there for a long time
>>
>>1064712
With the pork chops I just think the security guard probably thought you bought that elsewhere cause no one would steal meat... In western countries the security is often lax and guards have no ability to detain people so it's really easy to take something and just leave. Just don't do it too often or you'll be photographed and banned from stores.
>>
>>1064717
Something I noticed though is that out of all travellers, Germans tend to steal the most and have some way or morally justifying it. I never argued it was right/okay - I just didn't hate myself enough for doing it.
>>
>>1064718
Yeah, that's exactly it. I nearly shit myself and was ready to run though. Or my other thing would be to play it off and say I bought it earlier but forgot some other stuff (which I did buy). Then I could tell them to check the cameras if they don't believe me and chances are that if I said it with enough conviction, they wouldn't bother. I don't dress like a scraggly backpacker so that helps too
>>
When I go to any UNESCO world heritage sites I'll carve my symbol onto a stone or wood. Still see the mark I left at the Niko temple in Japan.
>>
>>1064724
That's more of a dick move than theft...
>>
File: attention whore.jpg (87KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
attention whore.jpg
87KB, 500x322px
>>1064724
I really hope that this is bait, otherwise you're really an asshole.
>>
>>1064441
Why not link the website?

I'm assuming its a wikipedia of sorts.
>>
>>1064724
What's you symbol, swastika?
>>
File: whydidyuoudrawit.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
whydidyuoudrawit.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
>>1064724
>>1064929
>>
>>1064540
>>
>>1064434
I'm not a selfish, entitled child, so I don't fucking steal. If you can't afford to buy what you need on the road, you can't afford to travel--unless you want to go full hobo and eat from garbage cans or leftovers on other people's restaurant tables. Nobody, not even the most soulless of chain stores, owes you a thing.
>Sanctimonious rant aside...
I have on a few occasions ridden public transport without paying a fare.
>>
>>1064724
First rate bait, sir. If you are telling the truth, I sincerely hope you get caught and spend time in a really repugnant holding cell before you are deported.
>>
>>1064939
Aren't you a special snowflake... Some of us just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1064939
>stealing any good is morally indefensible regardless of the good in question or the seller
>I steal services tho

What the heck.
>>
>>1064930
This isn't 1999
>>
>>1064939
>I steal people's work because it's more okay than stealing an item
>>
>>1064940
>>1064949
>>1064950
>>1064951
>>1065052
Pretty sure that guy knows. They did say "sanctimonious rant aside"

Does anyone have that steal wiki? It was one of the better ones I read. It even talked about how to sneak onto the landing gear of planes with oxygen masks and all that shit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.