[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Come to New York City, go upstate to Herkimer County.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0146.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Many come to NYC and fail to explore the geologic wonders of upstate New York.
http://www.americangeode.com/herkimer.php
>>
/out/ wasn't enough? now you have to shill here?

take your quartz and shove it up your fucking shill ass
>>
File: libyan glass.jpg (49KB, 1024x535px) Image search: [Google]
libyan glass.jpg
49KB, 1024x535px
>>1064433
Not OP, but this is actually interesting to some of us. I've done travel to look for fossils and rocks and stuff. Hiddenite, NC has some very unusual minerals that you can only find there, and Utah has some awesome fossils. Herkimer is so cool because the Herkimer crystals form so slowly that they're usually more transparent and double-terminated, and some of them may even have petrol inclusions inside of them.

All up and down the east coast are places to find cool treasures like this. It's a shame that there are very few places overseas that'll allow you to search the mines. No Madagascar labradorite, no Pakistani aquamarine, no Vietnamese rubies.
>>
>>1064438
i agree with you, rocks are cool. but this fucking faggot is going to spam the shit out this board with a sales pitch
>>
>>1064424
You do realize that the Museum of Natural History has an entire wing devoted to gems? And there are walking tours of the boulders in Central Park and the Palisades? And Howe Caverns aren't even in Herkimer Country?
>>
>>1064440
Yeah but I don't think he's spamming a specific tour to make money himself. Plus there aren't many threads devoted to finding cool stuff, maybe there should be a thread specifically for that? I know there must be a pretty big interest, there was a Travel Channel show about it, Best Places to Find Cash and Treasure.
>>
>>1064459
we'll see what you're saying when there are three americangeode.com threads on page 1.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.