[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I just cancelled my flight after my overbearing and manipulative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>mfw I just cancelled my flight after my overbearing and manipulative family pushed me not to go

Think I'm gonna explode and travel the world soon, there's no end in sight
>>
Why did you cave?
>>
>>1062112
They somehow did it, anon, they made me think the worst even though I know it's irrational, I was going on my own and they twisted it into if I get killed etc no one would know.

I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE, I CAN'T STAY HERE TOO LONG, ILL END UP LIKE THEM ANON, DAY IN DAY OUT SAME SHIT, I CANT DO IT, IM GONNA EXPLODE

IM GONNA FUCKIN RUN AWAY

TELL ME WHERE I CAN GO AND WORK WITHOUT A PASSPORT
>>
What a fucking pussy
>>
>Where go without passport

Where are you from -- it matters.

>Running away

Where ever you go, you're going with you, so that won't fix your problems, though it may mask them for a bit. Travel will not fix you, though it is something that can make life better, or at east more fun, while not fixing things.
>>
>>1062120
I am from the UK, I will legit head to anywhere if its

a: nice
b: can work straight away
>>
lol pussy
>>
>>1062107
I didn't even know you could cancel plane tickets without some very large fines. Most plane companies don't want passengers cancelling tickets.

Traveling for first timers is like swimming, you can stand at the edge of the pool all you want, but eventually, you have to jump in and buy that ticket.
>>
>>1062125
>I didn't even know you could cancel plane tickets without some very large fines. Most plane companies don't want passengers cancelling tickets.
You can cancel with no fine, no refund. Simply don't show up or call and cancel. To get a new flight, however, incurs a change fee, which varies widely by fare class, other restrictions and airline.

By overbearing, and forcing you, OP...you need to move out. Either you will understand you are living from their help and truly don't have funds for travel, or you do. I'm guessing you were going somewhere without a plan. First you find the job, then you go there. That's what intelligent people do, and something is wrong with this story.
>>
>>1062125
>Most plane companies don't want passengers cancelling tickets.
They get paid when you buy the ticket. They oversell nearly every flight anyway, just counting a percentage of the passengers to no show, be late, or bumped to another flight. Some major routes are oversold 40% on a good day and it affects no one. They basically get 2x the fares for the plane, and if they're really lucky they get a few business passengers paying the highest last minute fares too, bumping off the guy who didn't advance check-in as he should.
>>
>>1062128
>>1062129
I assumed OP got a refund when he said "cancelled my flight". Most plane companies don't give refunds and charge hefty fees if you want a refund or to switch flights.
>>
>>1062115
What the fuck OP. Your family sound fucking poisonous. It astounds me that anons have families like this.
>>
>>1062137
>I assumed OP got a refund when he said "cancelled my flight"
Yea, like 1% of tickets are full fare and also refundable. This isn't the 80s. Do you even fly?
>>
>I know that feel
I get torn apart like crazy.

>>1062119
>>1062123
It's more complicated than you think. The easy route is to just give them the finger and go. But isn't always the best. And when you've been conditioned to respect them and when they've actually given you some comfortable life it makes it hard.
>>
We're kind of wandering off into /adv/ territory.
>>
>>1062115
What is your family like, tovarish?
>>
>>1062107
Just remember your purpose in life OP:
You exist solely to make your family feel comfortable.

If you really want to go some place new you must first wait for them to die, and of course, not begin one of your own.
>>
>>1062157
How old are you? If you've over 21 and your parents still telling you what to do, you definitely need to tell them to fuck off and let you do what you want. Grow up and start living for yourself, not your parents. You're not a child, you're allowed to take an overseas trip if you want one.
Face it, you're a pussy.
>>
>>1062216
this

Don't forget it

P U S S Y
U
S
S
Y
>>
>>1062225
Older than 21. Maybe it's not trying to burn bridges. I don't know about you, going to guess you've had shitty parents. Some of us have good parents and it's not worth it ruining your relationship over an overseas trip. It's more of a case by case situation than just flipping the finger.
>>
>>1062107
You will soon find out that you either can or cannot change your parents minds. And you just have to go and hope they won't lose their shit. You can't let your life pass you by.
>>
>>1062107
my family has done this to me on every trip, am I the only one who just ignores people? Idk I'm hard headed
>>
>>1062398
Different anon, but that's not what he's talking about. I've got a good family, but if they tried to make me feel bad about traveling, that means they're conniving and selfish.

When you want to travel, people's reactions should fall into one of two categories:
>Support
>Indifference

If they guilt-trip you, it means the small convenience of your presence is more important to them than your happiness. Also, if you cancel your trip because of a guilt-trip, it means your self-worth is weaker than your self-drive and motivation to travel.

So yeah, your family is being assholes and/or you're being a pussy

(Note: maybe you don't really want to travel that badly in the first place, and you're just the type of person that likes complaining to strangers online. This possibility does not change anything I've said earlier)
>>
>>1062107
Your family are cunts. Mine don't really give a shit if I run off to Europe for a weekend concert or something. Mostly because they're glad to see I'm doing something where I enjoy mySelf
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.