[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Layover in Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Roman_Colosseum_With_Moon.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Colosseum_With_Moon.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
I'll be on a layover to Rome, summer 2016. I'll be there for a whole day, and I'm looking for some Romans to tell me what are some of the most important things to do/see in Rome.

One note, I've always wanted to try porchetta, what would be some good places for that?
>>
>>1059906

porchetta is the shit mate.

the Colosseum is a must, that and the huge monument with the horse, forgot the name. Than i suggest a quick visit to vatican city, even if you see it from outside. other than that enjoy the food, that's the best part of rome
>>
I'm from Rome and porchetta is nice, Carbonara (pasta) is better and Suppli (rice balls) also and Filetto di baccala (fried cod)!
Best for porchetta is not Rome but little towns around like Frascati anyway i suggest you Er Buchetto small place close to piazza della Repubblica (there are 100s of different "Er Buchetto" restaurant in Rome cause that means the hole)
>>
There's a church made up of bones there, don't remember its name, it's pretty cool to see.
>>
Cimitero dei cappuccini, its atPpiazza Barberini. Free entry and worth a visit.
In one day you can do the Coloseum, Vatican, Corso, Piazza Spagna and Trevi fountain. Thats about all you'll manage in one day. You wont find any decent porchetta in Roma, you will find gnocchi though.
>>
>>1059919
I will be visiting the Coliseum for sure, and Vatican will always get a visit. My flight is basically the next day around noon- so I have some time for something else as well

>>1059923
>>1059944
And what would you guys suggest for possible pizza places? I know pizza places in Rome can possibly be tourist traps.

Also, is entrance to the Castelo Sant'Angelo possible? I'd like to see it from the inside
>>
>>1060058
Castel sant'angelo about 12 euro's. Guided tour about 30 euro's.

Pizza is pizza and a decent pizzeria o trattoria won't be hard to find. Try the Trastevere area and you will be fine, lots of good places there and the prices will be on the menu (its the law) so you wont get ripped off.
Stay away from Roma termini area (main train station).
>>
When you go to the Vatican, go around the corner to a place called Pastasciutta. Delicious.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.