[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 months in Europe as US citizen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20151211_103037.jpg (425KB, 1152x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_103037.jpg
425KB, 1152x1152px
Planning on getting a one way ticket to germany in april. Hoping to be as spontaneous as possible, couchsurfing, being a cheap ass, etc. I'm confused on where I find out customs info. I know I'm good for 90 days in the Schengen region, but I might want to go pretty east. Will re-entry into the Schengen region be difficult? Can I apply for visas while I'm already in europe? Where is this info? I just want to make all preparations to be as flexible as possible. The most important question though is how might I be denied at the border? Do I need a "rail pass" to show I'm moving on or a return ticket? How much should I set aside for transportation costs to possible skim asia? Sorry this is overwhelming. I've never traveled before but don't want to fuck around if I'm going to spend the money to get there.
>>
>>1059820
>Will re-entry into the Schengen region be difficult?
No, as long as you abide by the 90/180 days rule.

>Can I apply for visas while I'm already in europe?
For European visas? No. For Asian visas? Sure, depending on the country.

>Do I need a "rail pass" to show I'm moving on or a return ticket?
If you are from a visa waiver country, odds are low that they would ask.
>>
>>1059820
>I've never traveled before but don't want to fuck around if I'm going to spend the money to get there.

Then you should know that it's much cheaper to buy a return ticket than two one way tickets. Trying to be spontaneous is expensive. Have a look for yourself. Search for the cost of a one way ticket from, say, Munich or Paris to wherever it is you will be flying from a few days from now and compare that with the cost of a return ticket.
>>
>>1060008
Can I apply for visas to places outside the Schengen region like Ireland or Ukraine? What if I go to Ireland and want to be able to come back into the region? Is that possible with the "90 day" rule or with a visa?

From my research it looks like one ways are the Way to go. I might only be saving a hundred bucks and would be sacrificing the flexibility.

Is there any good resource to check price changes for a route? What are they usually based off of? I feel like since gas is so low plane tickets are at a low.. maybe that's not how it works though. Thanks for the help senpai
>>
>>1060113
Student tickets are the way to go. Besides being cheaper, they often have much better rules about changing your flight times and locations. There are a variety of ways to get a student ticket, even if you aren't a student.

I recommend going east into the former bloc states. Everything is way cheaper. Still has all kinds of interesting places and you won't run into Americans uglying up the place. (As an American I could've stayed at home.)
>>
OP, you actually have 6 months. The US (among a bunch of other countries) have a bilateral agreement with the Nordic countries (through Denmark).

Fucking made my trip this year 'cause I was going through the motions of getting a Swedish chick to sponsor me lmao
>>
File: 4-12-2011 11-29-49 PM.png (2MB, 5510x5577px) Image search: [Google]
4-12-2011 11-29-49 PM.png
2MB, 5510x5577px
>be american
>complain about refugees and illegal immigrants
>I know, I'll go be an illegal immigrant!
>>
>>1061613
No one was complaining about illegal immigrants. Freedom of movement is a basic human right. Just because governments ignore it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
>>1061474
Could you tell me more about student tickets? That sounds great, just kind of vague. How do you work around the not being a student part?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.