[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on /trv/ visit Syria before the war? What was the country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

Anyone on /trv/ visit Syria before the war?

What was the country like? What were your highlights? places you'd advise to visit, if there was no war?
>>
>>1059424
I would love to. I'm going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life for not knowing that Palmyra even existed. I blame the history teacher of my youth.

If I tried to go now my family would have an intervention to keep me from leaving, and considering that it would be suicide, I can't blame them. I supposed if I got caught I could always say I came to join ISIS then sneak away later, but then I'd risk being caught by the FBI upon my return which could potentially be worse as they won't believe it was a ruse to escape.

Anyway no, I don't recommend you or anyone go to Syria ever, it's a black hole now. My best friend is from Lebanon and he hasn't been back for six years.
>>
File: 1360412367305.jpg (204KB, 1170x923px) Image search: [Google]
1360412367305.jpg
204KB, 1170x923px
>>1059424
>you will never visit al-sham as it was before the war
>you will never see the cultural treasures that were destroyed
>you will never visit a multi-ethnic non-sectarian middle east
>tfw everything is only going to get worse
>>
>>1059449
This keeps happening. Guess what, it's what shapes our world today. Without such events world would be fucking dull. And I'm not saying I'm in favor
>>
File: Aleppo.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Aleppo.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>1059424
What amazes me the most is that Aleppo citadel, built the way we know it today in 1193, still works from a military point of view. Rebels have being trying to capture it for the last 4 years and still the greatness of the Citadel defensive positions allows Assad to keep control over it
>>
I've visited Aleppo many times before. My mom's family lived there so that was always the excuse. I was pretty young the last time I visited, and from what I can remember I had fun there. I remember enjoying all the really good food. I've been to the Aleppo citadel, that was probably highlights.
>>
>>1059424
Cycled across Syria in late 2011 which technically means during the war. Entered in Tal Abyad and then did Aleppo - Latakia - Tartus - Palmyra - Damascus - Dara'a, leaving to Jordan. All on bicycle.

To sum up quickly: Unfuckingbelievable hospitality and generosity of common people, omnipresent police and military (uniformed and plainclothes), wonderful treasures of architecture, incredible amount of rubbish everywhere, dangerous stray dogs, delicious food, low prices, not too beautiful landscapes, three foreign tourists in entire country.
>>
>>1059424
I went for work.

Damascus was pretty shitty as was the office were we held reunions.

The only highlight was that I fucked the secretary
>>
>>1059766
what about the girls?
>>
>>1059570
so what are you saying then?
things are just how they are? that's not a very insightful comment desu
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.