[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Pennsylvania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Liberty_Bell.jpg (842KB, 1318x1562px) Image search: [Google]
Liberty_Bell.jpg
842KB, 1318x1562px
Anyone from Pennsylvania here, or anyone that has spent some time there? I am considering moving to PA, but I don't actually know anyone there that can provide me with information, only what I'm able to toss into Google. A lot of the important information I can find, but you're more than free to throw anything out there that you think might be of importance.

What I'd like to know is nothing fixed however, as I'm mostly curious about the people themselves. Community wise and such. So, I'm looking for purely subjective answers; Do you like it there? Does the weather bother you? Is there an obvious split in ethical groups? Would you consider the East coast friendly or distant? Etc... etc...

Thanks to anyone, and everyone, who answers!
>>
>Tell me about Pennsylvania
Why does it wear the mask.
Also... that's a big bell.
>>
>>1059365
Bucks County native here who has travelled all around the state. If you love history and wildlife, Pennsylvania is quite the state for that. Our weather in the summer does tend to get quite humid (at least here in SE PA), and our weather depending on where you are in the state can be moderately intense in the winter time.
People being nice really varies as to where you are in the state. I've found up in northern Pennsylvania (Wilkes-Barre area) tend to be pretty friendly. Those in the general Lancaster area also tend to fall into this. (Lancaster City is gorgeous)
Here where I live in Bucks County it tends to occasionally act as an extension of Philadelphia behavior depending on where you are. This is true for most of the surrounding counties. I've noticed Philadelphians aren't really the type to say hi as you walk by, but thats true of any city here in the North East.
I'd say the east coast the more rural you get is very friendly and polite. Do a roadtrip up the North East extension and stop off a couple places, you'll be surprised at how different people get the further you get away from Philadelphia.
Anything further feel free to ask!
>>
Also a /trv/ related tip, PHL has great airfare deals since it was previously US Airways leading hub city, now a American Air hub. Nice perk to an otherwise unimportant airport.
>>
I live in PA.

It's a shithole. Avoid at all costs.
Retarded rednecks, some of the ugliest women you will ever see, absolutely nothing to do. Legit don't know how I didn't kill myself yet.
It's hell on earth.

The only positive I can say about it is at least it's not as bad as Ohio.
>>
Philly is kinda cool.

Everywhere else in PA is hell though.
>>
full of niggers, avoid at all costs
>>
>>1059365
I personally don't like the people of PA. They all just seem very fake,boring, and self-centered. The woman are also very un-attractive. I stayed in Manayunk for some time and it wasn't bad, just a hipster little area with bars, book stores, yogurt shops, and over priced meme restaurants. It's just the people are unbearable , everywhere you go it's Nu-males and feminist, guys with hipster beards, everyone has their dog with them and eating in restaurants, and nobody is friendly.
>>
>>1059365
I've lived in several states, and none of them had such strong local differences as PA. You'll get a very different experience depending on where you go, whether it's Eastern PA, Western PA, or somewhere in the middle.

The state also has a MASSIVE urban/rural divide. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are both fairly nice cities that try to be trendy (although that varies pretty strongly by neighborhood, and I'd pick Pittsburgh over Philly every time). On the other hand, in rural areas I saw more Confederate flags than I ever did even in Texas, which was weird as fuck the first few times I came across it.

That said, the people in a lot of the small towns are still pretty good overall--the state just seems to have a disproportionately high number of paranoid rednecks living in isolated rotting trailers out in the ridges.

Autumn is gorgeous and summer is pretty nice. I'm not a fan of winter so the stretch from late October to early April was always a little unpleasant for me.

So I guess it all depends on where you're looking in PA and where you're coming from.
>>
you guys were faggots to me the last time i was here so i am using this board as the test subject for epic browser

fuck all of you sage
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.