[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vancouver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x334px
Anyone who's visited/vacationed in/ lived in Vancouver here? How is it?
I'd like to spend sometime there this summer while on my school break, but I'm still in the very early planning stages
How cheap can a trip there be??
>>
its cool there!
>>
Where are you traveling from?
What are your interests?

I spent 18 years there growing up. I know about most things other than the bar scene.

You can get in a good hostel like this for
http://www.hihostels.ca/westerncanada/168/HI-Vancouver_Jericho_Beach/index.hostel for
$30. I'd put at least another $30/day for doing stuff, food and travel. Could try couchsurfing.

It's a great setting for a city, but it isn't that great a city to live in.
If you're into restaurants, there's really good seafood, and a variety of ethnic food.
>>
I've lived here my whole life. It sucks, go somewhere cool instead. Unless you're white then you'll have a good time.
>>
>>1057172
i am not white
>>1057156
i'd be coming from Los Angeles basically.
I'm not big on bars, but i do like to meet new people or people watch; i'm kind of a homebody, but I like art galleries, films, and music.

$60/day sounds pretty affordable.

What options are there in regards to doing stuff?

i heard that the film/tv industry is good up there, so I've considered moving there after school and trying to get into that maybe.
>>
>>1057178
Do you have Canadian citizenship?
If you don't, you're kind of fucked in terms of moving here to work.
>>
>>1057172
>Unless you're white
The fuck you talking about? Vancuover isn't a white town...

>>1057053
>How cheap can a trip there be??
Vancouver is an expensive city to live in. It really depends on what you want to do here but if you want to have fun you better prepare to pay.
>>
>>1057306
nah i dont, im an american.
is canadian citizenship easy to obtain?

>>1057322
expensive? hmm. would you say it's more or less pricey than LA or NYC?
>>
>>1057172
there is like 40% white people here or less, you're fucked.
>>
>>1057334
It's not easy. I could see why people from shitty countries go through the hassle of moving here, but you would just be setting your life back 5 years by getting it.

Vancouver is expensive, because of housing. Average house in the city is over a million dollars. Cost of living in Canada is just more in general.
>>
>>1057334
Things like food and transport is more expensive here in Vancouver, the rest is of comparable price.
>>
>>1057156
I would actually suggest staying someplace downtown, either the other HI hostel or SameSun. It's at least $10 a day more expensive but you're a lot closer to everything, there are free buses hourly from downtown to hiking trails nearby. Also louder though so take that into account if you're not a heavy sleeper.

I stayed in Samesun and loved it, super easy to meet people since they have free group trips every day. Grocery stores nearby and a good kitchen too so you can eat for pretty cheap if you plan it out well.

Agree that it would be a shitty place to live though, rent is stupidly high and I've heard from a number of locals that landlords are assholes as a rule. Everything's so spread out and I feel like the weather would get you down pretty quickly.

Also, if you're going to Vancouver you gotta find a way to get up to the rockies, honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.
>>
>>1057053
I live here and can say the city iant cheap.Check out the vancouver aqaurium its pretty amazing.
>>
>>1057053
Come to Richmond via the Canada Line skytrain system
we got some good ass chinese food
>>
It's fucking terrible. Annoying Asians are everywhere, it's like a miniature Hong Kong.
>>
>>1057337
lol
>>1057407
huh
you think it's that pointless?
Vancouver seems like a nice alternative to Los Angeles or New York City, which is where i'd settle otherwise
>>1057480
thanks for the tip, i'll but it on my list. i love chinese
>>1057473
huh, thanks for the tip. i was hoping it'd be an inexpensive city, but thats allright
>>1057455
i'll check out the rockies
i guess it seems like a nice place to vacay but not live.... LA is really spread out too, but most have cars here.

thanks for the hostel tips
i may go with a friend, so we may split room costs or something
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.