[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should /trv/ have flags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

It makes sense, considering the content of this board. It would also be beneficial to conversation (e.g. I could ask an anon with an Estonian flag what their opinion on Tallinn is)
>>
>>1053027
No we are world citizens.
Also try eating grub worms, they full or protein.
>>
>>1053030
No, we are not.
Is there even such a thing?
>>
>>1053041
That was kind of a meme, but IMO this board should be divorced from the shit on /pol/ and now /int/, if your nationality is relevant to your post just mention it.
>>
>>1053027

Flags are guaranteed to cause /int/ style memes to take over good quality discussion.

I like the /int/ banter, but would rather not see it spill over to /trv/.
>>
>>1053027
Every time this subject comes up it gets rightfully rejected. Think about it for a second, what positive things would flags possibly add? That's right, none at all. They are just magnets for shitposting.

Since we are /trv/lers, we are often on the road, and we know about places that are not our flags.
>>
Moot (RIP) asked us a year or two ago if we wanted flags and the general agreement seemed to be no.

It doesn't really add anything since travelers might post from different parts of the world, where they'd have to explain why somebody from Japan is giving advice on traveling in the UK for example and yadda yadda yadda
>>
i think we should. IF fucking pol has flags, then we should too
>>
we need to keep /pol/ out
>>
>>1053030
>world citizen
Shaking my head to be honest family.

Yes flags.
>>
>>1053027
Lurk more.

No, for the 17th or 18th time, not counting any threads I missed. We still are hanging on to a pretty good board here, we do not need to ring the shitposting and troll baiting that flags bring.
>>
i like to read /int/ but the shitposting that inevitably occurs due to the flags can get annoying, i say leave the flags off here
>>
>>1053027
This has been asked by newbs or non-regs 100 times, and NO we don't want flags.

It's irrelevant. /trv/ travels. Where you are now has little bearing on where you've been or where you may call home at the moment. It won't bring anything but /pol/ or /int/-tier shit flinging. Unlike /pol/ or /int/ who think flags even mean anything, I think most /trv/lers have actually left their basements.
>>
>>1053575

Pretty much this.

As others have said, I enjoying messing around on /int/ and talking to folks from across the world. However, I am very thankful that this board in particular manages to be a consistently decent spot for discussion, questions, and informative posting. Not having to sift through a mass of "lol burgers" and "DESIGNATED" is great.

Likewise, a significant number of users on /trv/, myself included, have traveled quite extensively. I don't really care where someone is from, as long as they're not being a cunt and are constructively participating in whatever discussion is being had.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.