[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aurora Borealis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: aurora borealis.jpg (6MB, 4170x2775px) Image search: [Google]
aurora borealis.jpg
6MB, 4170x2775px
Besides Principal Skinner's kitchen, where would you guys say is the best place to go if I want to see aurora borealis?
>>
the land of ice
>>
>>1052871
What is there to do in Iceland besides skiing, drinking and seeing aurora borealis?
>>
>>1052872
I've never been there actually, but waterfalls, see vast untouched landscapes, glacier hiking
>>
>>1052874
OK I guess that sounds like it'd be pretty chill.
>>
>>1052875
And at the end of the day chill in a hottub with some liquor and a couple hot icelandic women and enjoy the borealising auroras. Godspeed, always wanted to go there.
>>
Tromso, Norway - literally in the middle of the northern lights latitude

And you get to visit some great Fjords and Norwegian town
>>
I had a seasonal job as a guide on the Ice Hotel in JukkasjÀrvi (northern Sweden) during the winter and the sky was dancing pretty often. Its just as amazing everytime you see it. I think its common in all of the Lappland region.

Anyway, i was told that northern scandinavia is the best place in the world to see northern lights it was something about the magnetic poles and the gulf stream or some shit.
>>
>>1052872
Is there actual possibility of skiing in iceland?
Thought they're all like "tourists go home" "our precious nature"
I'll be there next year for a few weeks, and a day off snowboarding between the endless landscapes sounds promising

captcha: select all pics with waterfalls
>>
>>1052789
>Besides Principal Skinner's kitchen, where would you guys say is the best place to go if I want to see aurora borealis?
I saw it in Iceland in Hotel Budir. About an hour's drive out of Reykjavik, you have the snaefellsnes glacier in one direction, and it's on the water and an little inlet that makes pretty sounds. The hotel's top floor has a catwalk with loungechairs, and it's a stunning horizon to horizon vista, and when you get a little cold, if you stay on the top floor, you have skylights over your bed.
>>
>>1052872
>What is there to do in Iceland besides skiing, drinking and seeing aurora borealis?
Hard to say...but for me, it's one of those trips where it's about your travel companions first to make your fun happen in the hanging out conversational aspects. Internally, if you read some of the icelandic sagas before you go, or you get a little bit into the literary history and the geological history, you might feel more immersed in the scenery as you drive around. The food is outstandingly pleasant for a country with no trees, only horses and sheep, and limited selection from the greenhouses, it's almost like everyone went to chef school. Its pricey though.

The locals are nice, they certainly all about "go home" but they aren't that interested in you, either. You're not staying, and so some of the oohs and ahhs about you or your culture are simply not going to be there like in other climates.
>>
>>1052872
Have you tried Skyrim role playing with the locals?
>>
>>1052872
- Golden circle tour
- Hiking
- Skiing
- Blue lagoon (hotspring resort)
- Dry suit diving (dont forget to bring your lisence)
- Pub crawling with friends
- Go to a viking resturant, eat shark meat and bull balls.
- Climb a fucking iceberg.
>>
File: suomi talvi talo.jpg (151KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
suomi talvi talo.jpg
151KB, 880x587px
>>1052789
one of the best places statistically is Finnish Lapland
>inland, not as much clouds as in coastal areas (Norway, Iceland)
>north enough
>not as much light pollution as in Sweden and Norway
>warmer than Canada
>easier to access than Svalbard that would otherwise be clearly the best place to see them.
But I would still say that visit a place that has also something else to offer (f. ex. round trip in Northern Finland/Sweden/Norway) or something like that.
>>
>>1053408
Holy shit that sounds awesome. OK, you're seriously making me consider visiting Iceland.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.